The online racing simulator
Thank you Scavier !
(23 posts, started )
Thank you Scavier !
Dear LFS fanboys (& naughty trolls),

I have noticed far to much trolling and nonconstructive comments about LFS lately. Therefore I wish to express my gratitude to ScaViEr for the tremendous achievement they realised.

In my opinion LFS is a marvel and always will be. Even though I have already driven +100.000km on LFS servers I'm still exploring and enjoying the neat features Z28 has to offer. I count on the LFS fanboys to take the initiative to thank the LFS Devs, I'm sure they will appreciate it In the mean time I will continue having fun on the Z28 servers (and prepare my anti-troll machine just in case :razz.

King regards,
Jean-Cédric Sicotange
LFS fanboy making a ScaViEr pedestal

p.s.: my apologies if I overlooked the foreseen section for fanboys comments
Haha, well nothing wrong with this, but I think this comment should been made in a topic that is allready been made, instead of making a new one.

When that is said, good to hear that you like their product
#4 - Seb66
Quote from sicotange :Even though I have already driven +100.000km on LFS servers I'm still exploring and enjoying the neat features Z28 has to offer.

/troll on

You mean cruising, not exploring.. right?
Quote from Seb66 :/troll on

You mean cruising, not exploring.. right?

Yep, exploring the features of the server-side insim.
#6 - dadge
Quote from sicotange : ...

while you were noticing things on the forum. did you notice that there's already multiple threads like this already?

Racername: WS • Sico
Online at: WS.C • Cruise #1

it's live for SPEED. not live for CRUISE. i've never seen the point of criuse servers on LFS. i get the whole cruise thing, but on LFS? surely cruising is much better suited on TDU or GTA
Quote from sicotange :Dear LFS fanboys (& naughty trolls),

I have noticed far to much trolling and nonconstructive comments about LFS lately. Therefore I wish to express my gratitude to ScaViEr for the tremendous achievement they realised.

In my opinion LFS is a marvel and always will be. Even though I have already driven +100.000km on LFS servers I'm still exploring and enjoying the neat features Z28 has to offer. I count on the LFS fanboys to take the initiative to thank the LFS Devs, I'm sure they will appreciate it In the mean time I will continue having fun on the Z28 servers (and prepare my anti-troll machine just in case :razz.

King regards,
Jean-Cédric Sicotange

Agree
Quote from dadge :it's live for SPEED

But look at Need for SPEED Cruise, Race, Drift and Drag.
Without an insim, There would be no cruise server.
#9 - PoVo
Quote from Jordan2007 :But look at Need for SPEED Cruise, Race, Drift and Drag.

Exactly that's the main point. If a game like TDU allowed to run InSim apps like in LFS, I surely would play TDU for cruising
Quote from sicotange :Dear LFS fanboys (& naughty trolls),

King regards,
Jean-Cédric Sicotange

+1 on that one

For the reccord, I mainly drift and cruise, and do some pick up races, but comparing lfs with anything else is just plain wrong, the PHYSICS is the reason we love lfs, and that is why we use it for multiple generes in driving

Should be renamed to Live For Driving or something

*awaits a flamethrower frenzie.... :P *
Quote from dadge :

it's live for SPEED

So are you trying to say, that in cruise servers you can't use speed while cruising. What you think about why Traffic Polices are invented?

IMO I think it's fine that we have cruise servers, altough I DON'T like them much, maybe sometimes I just make round or two
Quote from sicotange :I have noticed far to much trolling and nonconstructive comments about LFS lately. Therefore I wish to express my gratitude to ScaViEr for the tremendous achievement they realised.

In my opinion LFS is a marvel and always will be.

Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :...the PHYSICS is the reason we love lfs, and that is why we use it for multiple generes in driving

Indeed
Quote from PoVo :Exactly that's the main point. If a game like TDU allowed to run InSim apps like in LFS, I surely would play TDU for cruising

Damn straight!
It's up to the invidual to chose what they want to do with the game, if it's cruise / drift / race / derby or drag they can still enjoy the game and it's physics.

For the record I am not a drifter or a cruiser, and I would like if people raced instead of the other stuff, but that's not up to me to deside - it's up to the ones that are playing and I won't judge them for that.

But, next time please post this in one of the other support threads
Quote from Jordan2007 :But look at Need for SPEED Cruise, Race, Drift and Drag.

this isn't NFS. LFS is meant to be a simulator. how many real life tracks are also used for cruising?
how can no insim be a bad thing? it's insim (imo) that has killed off alot of the good servers and drivers.

for the record, there is a drag track within LFS and drifting doesn't need insim (it didn't when i was doing it).
Quote from JPeace :And how, then, are you supposing we calculate drift points?

and why, then, do you think we need points to be able to drift?
I agree with sicotonge
Quote from JPeace :To drift standard, no you don't need airio. But for recent drifting which has become so popular: an airio is needed.

for me, it's these points systems that has put a stop to twin drifting. so i still think insim has killed off alot of things that don't happen any more. like pick up racing, twin drifting and same car servers.
it seems like everyone wants to drive different cars but don't want to be on a server on their own.
Had a go on LFS today after a loooong break.

Tried to race. Drifted some coming too hot into corners. Swapped paint. Passed some. Got passed.
Basically had fun.

LFS is great. I only wish we had some muscle cars...
I agree on the whole "points ruined drifting" thing... Drifting is about style, having a great line, much angle and good speed. Ive done so many bad runs that gave me quite high points, and many great runs that wont give that amount of point´s.

Also like said, the art of twindrifting is hard to find nowdays.

If you want some points for drifting you should join a drift competition, with judges... they know a good run when they see one.

My driftserver will never have airo... i drift for the drifting, not some useless points...
Cruise is nice to have when you get bored of LFS racing.
Some people are good at racing, others aren't.

At the end of the day, cruise servers are making all you racers happy by keeping the people who can't/don't like to race in a server that suits them. Instead of letting them rip around a track in competition hitting people in the first couple of turns, ignoring blue flags and being a general pain in the arse.

I really don't see the problem with cruising or drifting, Racers race, Cruisers cruise and Drifters drift. Nearly everyone is nice so I don't see why we can't all just get along.

Back on topic.....
I am also pleased with LFS at it's current state, yes it would be great to have new content fast, but hey, what can you do?

Thanks ScaViEr
Quote from March Hare :Had a go on LFS today after a loooong break.

Tried to race. Drifted some coming too hot into corners. Swapped paint. Passed some. Got passed.
Basically had fun.

LFS is great. I only wish we had some muscle cars...

FZ50 Fits this description quite well. Quite a brutal car, but very rewarding.

To the original poster
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :FZ50 Fits this description quite well. Quite a brutal car, but very rewarding.

Actually it was the XRG...

Thank you Scavier !
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG