The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 : Sucks, and sadly he wouldn't of had the same penalty as Bowyer and his crew after that same incident. They wouldn't do that to the great JJ this late in the year...

I deffinitley disagree with you Phil, I think Nascar is pretty fair, and who doesn't or wouldn't try to win in those gray areas. They all have the same opportunity to do it.
http://www.nascar.com/2009/new ... arnings.kansas/index.html

Disagree all you want, its a proven fact (see link above). Funny because that incident was exactly one year ago, which of course would mean in the chase.

Same rule violation as Bowyer, same excuse why, and the 48 and 5 don't even come out of the same shop. Therefore it should be a clear violation. What do they get however? A slap on the wrist...

EDIT: Oh look, seems to be an article on this exact situation already.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nasca ... ets-new-precendent-092210
-
(UncleBenny) DELETED by UncleBenny
Quote from PMD9409 :http://www.nascar.com/2009/new ... arnings.kansas/index.html

Disagree all you want, its a proven fact (see link above). Funny because that incident was exactly one year ago, which of course would mean in the chase.

Same rule violation as Bowyer, same excuse why, and the 48 and 5 don't even come out of the same shop. Therefore it should be a clear violation. What do they get however? A slap on the wrist...

EDIT: Oh look, seems to be an article on this exact situation already.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nasca ... ets-new-precendent-092210

Bowyers car was illegal, the hendrick cars were "close" to the illegal limit. There's a difference.
No no, read the second article.

Quote :
Similar to Bowyer’s cars, there was a question in regard to the offset on the tail end, which helps the rear of the car stick to the ground instead of spinning out. The No. 5 Chevrolet barely made the tolerance. That wasn’t the case with the No. 48’s offset which, according to NASCAR mind you, was .006 over the tolerance — about two sheets of paper. But it was over.

NASCAR's rules are pretty sketchy when it comes to "twisting" the body and trying to use the heights or certain corners of the cars to integrate more downforce. They use a measurement stick with colors green, yellow and red. Green is the number specified in the rule book, yellow is "tolerance", and red is a no no. Martins was on the line, but toward yellow. Jimmie's was on the line as well, but toward red.

Both red (meaning JJ and Bowyer), therefore both should be penalized. Saying "Ahh well this one was closer to yellow so it can slide" is not fair at all, mainly because the rulebook height is the green!
u aint gonna stop this 48 for champ no.5 hes gonna get it
Quote from BreadC :u aint gonna stop this 48 for champ no.5 hes gonna get it

I think drivers are so sick of seeing him win that they might just spin him to gain points on him and win the championship.
Still have Talladega coming up too, anything can happen there.
wouldnt suprise me if JJ wins talladega.
Any nascar fans who like South park, you should watch the new nascar episode. It's quite funny
Yeah I saw it, I didn't actually think it was that funny though. It was just "Nascar fans are dumb and poor" which got old after about 2 minutes. I've seen plenty of good South Park episodes but this wasn't one of them.
I found it Hilarious.

If anyone wants to see it pm me.
I actually found South Park to be fairly intelligent about how they made fun of NASCAR.

Instead of how it's typically made fun of (i.e. "just turn left lawl or the drivers = retarded"). The eps decided to take a crack at the fans. Which to be honest a lot of them are very retarded.

What brought me to this conclusion is the pre-race interview when the reporters were asking actual technical racing questions and the drivers responded intelligently while Cartman was just like "YEEEEHAWWWW TURN LEFT". Shows great disconnection between Cartman acting retarded and the drivers being intelligent about the technical aspects of racing.

To me this also translates as NASCAR being much more than "just turn left".
Quote from lizardfolk :I actually found South Park to be fairly intelligent about how they made fun of NASCAR.

Instead of how it's typically made fun of (i.e. "just turn left lawl or the drivers = retarded"). The eps decided to take a crack at the fans. Which to be honest a lot of them are very retarded.

What brought me to this conclusion is the pre-race interview when the reporters were asking actual technical racing questions and the drivers responded intelligently while Cartman was just like "YEEEEHAWWWW TURN LEFT". Shows great disconnection between Cartman acting retarded and the drivers being intelligent about the technical aspects of racing.

To me this also translates as NASCAR being much more than "just turn left".

The message of the Episode really was NASCAR isn't as ''redneck''as it used to be.
Tony back in victory lane, he's not out of this yet.
Yeah I sure hope he has gained a lot of momentum from that. Would be nice to see him fight for the top spot.
still the 48 boys
Quote from BreadC :still the 48 boys

If the 48 loses due to fan interference, don't look at me.
I'm not entirely pleased with the way the Chase is playing out so far.

Me and my friends wonder how much you'd have to pay a start-and-park car to take out the 48.

Thankfully McMurray didn't cry in victory lane again although it looked like he wanted to. You want to cry after you win the 500, fine, but after a random race at Charlotte? Come on man hold it together.
48 is just... criminal....

guy spins on his own dont get hit.. then gets top 5 jus mental
Well Kahne has been released from RPM, and will be racing in the #83 this weekend.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Apparently not, a second report out now says everything's fine

I still don't see any reports that say everything is fine, only that they got their Talladega cars back.
Quote from UncleBenny :I still don't see any reports that say everything is fine, only that they got their Talladega cars back.

Quote :
UPDATE: The story has now been updated to include: "Sources tell FOXSports.com that the Talladega cars were returned after 11 a.m. ET Thursday, but they do not have engines or gears yet."(10-21-2010)
UPDATE 2: Multiple sources confirmed to SPEED.com on Thursday that Roush Fenway Racing, which builds RPM's cars, briefly repossessed RPM's Talladega cars and engines because of non-payment. Roush Fenway Racing allowed RPM to take the cars back Thursday morning, sources told SPEED.com. Additionally, sources said that one of the reasons Kahne was released from the team is that RPM owed him a substantial amount of back salary. A team spokesperson contacted Thursday afternoon declined to say whether or not Kahne was owed money, Roush Fenway Racing was owed money, when team owner George Gillett would publicly discuss his team's situation or what RPM's plans were beyond this weekend. "There's just nothing much to comment on right now," said Tiffany Breaux of Richard Petty Motorsports.(SPEED)(10-21-2010)

That help?

2010 NASCAR Talk
(735 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG