The online racing simulator
Fitness & Martial Arts
(22 posts, started )
Fitness & Martial Arts
Anyone on here a fitness junky?

Or maybe martial arts?

I myself have just picked up Kickboxing after a 6 month hiatus. Can definately feel the effects of the break. Need to stretch my legs.

Absolutely love it though.

Also used to do some working out, but without a proper diet and commitment its kind of useless...

Anyway, discuss! Fitness and Health.

(Whats this? Fitness topic on a game forum? For shame...)
i workout a few times a week, with visible results (my body type is naturally pretty strong, visually and in actuality, so im lucky)

but me and my friend might legit start a fight club to sharpen skills, and stuff..cause sure i might be pretty strong, but i cant fight i bet..
I'm old, I don't have the time or energy. I counted one day and I climb up and down 3 flights of stairs about 40 times in an 8-10 hour day. That's 120 flights of stairs a day.

It's now getting cold outside, which means it's only a mere 85-90 F at work (nice and cool now) and after climbing up and down the stairs all day, along with standing on my toes on a ladder for half of the day, coming home, finishing cooking dinner, homework with 2 girls, fighting them to get in the shower, and managing to pick up my guitar maybe twice a week, by 10-11 pm, I just can't seem to get the willingness to do any fitness.

I just want to go to bed!

I envy either you youngsters or you single folk.
Not a fitness junky by any stretch. But i am a personal trainer so you should totally hire me
Im not a fitness junkie but I dont mind going to the gym.
Im pretty un-muscular looking atm though LOL
You mean MMA, DD?

My few classmates are doing this in Martial Arts school of Marius Žaromskis, its cruel I can say
Im fit enough atm. Would like to learn Martial Arts etc, but im too lazy for that.
Tried several different styles when i was younger and got stuck with capoeira, though even that is ancient history by now. I also used to be addicted by gymn few years back from what i had to take a break also (due to moving out of the city).

atm i'm back in town so i should get back to my old routines.
Quote from TexasLTU :You mean MMA, DD?

My few classmates are doing this in Martial Arts school of Marius Žaromskis, its cruel I can say

Well I do two sessions per week. Tuesday is just for training, which is purely kickboxing. Friday/Saturday is sparring, which is more MMA focused. Kind of grapling, ground n pound side of it all.

Dont worry, its not gay. Balls arent touching.

It can get a bit "messy" sometimes. I mean we wear as much protection as possible, but sometimes it just doesnt do it.

And yeah, Marius is amazing. I still remember his fight against Ross Mason. That flying knee was brutal. The guy that trains us actually knows Marius as well.
Never done martial arts, but I do some fitness / normal training.
Usually I train 4-6 times each week, with a combo og 3 running stints on 30 minutes running trip / 5km runs and 2-3 muscle workouts - mainly for arms and upperr body combined with stomach training.

I am thinking of starting with boxing, since it's a great way of training
Last year i did kickboxing, jiu jitsu something, a reality based self defense and fitness. Now i just started fitness again yesterday, damn.
I do kickboxing/ MMA. I train 2 maybe 3, even sometimes 4 times a week, for 2 and half to 3 hours a nite. The main thing I find for kickboxing is flexabilty. I stretch everynite, and get good results from it. I can kick way over my head and most other people too. I'm 6ft 2.
What is kickboxing?
Really?

Well... Kinda in the name.

Its like boxing, but with... you guessed it, kicks!
Quote from DevilDare :Anyone on here a fitness junky?

Or maybe martial arts?

I myself have just picked up Kickboxing after a 6 month hiatus. Can definately feel the effects of the break. Need to stretch my legs.

Absolutely love it though.

Also used to do some working out, but without a proper diet and commitment its kind of useless...

Anyway, discuss! Fitness and Health.

(Whats this? Fitness topic on a game forum? For shame...)

i job quite alot and well, id love to do weights more but my right shoulder cant take it ( keeps poppin out )
I visit the gym occasionally and am looking into Muay Thai or just normal boxing. Should be fun nonetheless
Quote from DevilDare :Really?

Well... Kinda in the name.

Its like boxing, but with... you guessed it, kicks!

There are so many different types i figure anyone who says they do kickboxing means they do those fitness classes at the gym where they punch and kick like little girls.
Quote from sil3ntwar :There are so many different types i figure anyone who says they do kickboxing means they do those fitness classes at the gym where they punch and kick like little girls.

Cardio-Kickboxing or Aerobic Kickboxing is what you're thinking of. Thats for females generally. Or anyone who just wants to get fit in a more "active" way.

Kickboxing in itself is a professional full contact sport.

You are right on there being many different types of it though. Most of them however only differ through the rules.

I try to participate in as many events held around my area as possible. Only problem is my weight. Need to gain some pounds because there are not many fighters in my category, and going up against a guy 3 times the size of you aint fun.
it really sucks being a righty, and having your left side quite a bit stronger

the muscles right behind your neck, above your shoulders, my left is CLEARLY stronger
I am obsessed w/ martial arts, kickboxing (k-1) and mma. hence my name

The trainer(who was also a neighbour) i had for reality based self defence, is now 6th dan.
Sumo Wresting is the way to go.

Fitness & Martial Arts
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG