The online racing simulator
Fancy a drive?
(19 posts, started )
Fancy a drive?
#2 - TiJay
Hell of a road trip there. The thing about road trips is you have to drive all the way back at some point.
On your way back stop off at Wales, Isle of Man, and Ireland. Awesomeness.
Sorry to spoil the fun but that does leave the country (main land at least), you'd need to take a ferry to the Shetland Isles (unless I'm hugely mistaken). Besides, you need to revise it to get off the motorways, use A roads as a preferance and when you get to Scotland (especially the highlands) take a few B roads, just for fun.
I think the US is more suited to super-long road trips. Take this one for example:

http://maps.google.com/maps?sa ... mp;spn=32.67146,53.261719

It actually takes about a minute calculate the drive and navigation is super slow as it updates the route.
Why stop there? Keep going to Alaska
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Why stop there? Keep going to Alaska

I would, but you'd have to leave the US for that and it wouldn't count as an in-country trip!
At least somebody was reading.
Well, I'd think Canada would be better suited to a road trip.. heh, or maybe Russia.
Quote from MAGGOT :Well, I'd think Canada would be better suited to a road trip.. heh, or maybe Russia.

Yeah, you're right, but I think the US has more...life...along the way. Maybe not with the route that showed up with Google maps, but if you travel from Florida, through the southern states, up through California with your final destination in Seattle, you'd have a lot of places to go to/stay/see along the way. Plus that would be a longer trip as well! Hehe
Quote from TaiFong :I would, but you'd have to leave the US for that and it wouldn't count as an in-country trip!

But it'd be worth it to Visit Canada, which is Americans sane brother anyway.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :But it'd be worth it to Visit Canada, which is Americans sane brother anyway.

Haha...don't remind me of our government and a lot of our people, please. I have to deal with them on a daily basis.
Quote from TaiFong :Haha...don't remind me of our government and a lot of our people, please. I have to deal with them on a daily basis.

Could be worse. You could live in the country whoms leader is stuck so far up Bush's anus that he can only see where his going when Bush opens his mouth.
Which is such a shame as it's a nice country.
Man i could not be fooked to drive that far i recently did 11 hours went drifting for half an hour slept 4 and drove 9 hours back home that was too long. i spose if id done it in my drift car wouldnt have been that bad cos i coulda drifted there n back but that wasnt possible.
Quote from TaiFong :I think the US is more suited to super-long road trips. Take this one for example:

http://maps.google.com/maps?sa ... mp;spn=32.67146,53.261719

It actually takes about a minute calculate the drive and navigation is super slow as it updates the route.

But you didn't even come back down on the Pacific coast, that road trip would be boring!!!! (There is Highway 1, which is about... 90% of the time.... right on the edge of the California coast).

Seriously, if you could pass through all the cool areas of the West coast, and go through the southwestern areas (like Grand Canyon), it would be a nice trip.

I've always thought the Paris Dakar Rally would be the best trip though
Here's a map of a little road trip I did a couple of years ago, when I moved from just outside New York where I had been living and working back to beautiful British Columbia.

http://members.shaw.ca/sjdickson1968/roadtrip_ny_la_vic.jpg

It was winter, so I headed south for warmer weather and better road conditions and decided to have some fun along the way, with detours to New Orleans, Los Alamos, the Alamagordo desert, White Sands range and Roswell all in New Mexico as well as the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and the Pacific Coast Highway north to San Francisco. In all, the trip took 7 days.
Start address:Seattle, WA
End address:Key West, FL
Distance:3,838 mi (about 2 days 16 hours)
Very neat. Thanks, Tweaker.

Fancy a drive?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG