The online racing simulator
American DTM in conjunction w/ NASCAR?
#2 - JJ72
Super GT with DTM specs, I wonder what will happen, both are prototype disguised as touring cars, and already fairly closely in terms of performance.
Eh, American V8 Supercar series would be more exciting.
Quote from UncleBenny :Eh, American V8 Supercar series would be more exciting.

Rebadged V8s or actual new specs? Tbh I can't imagine Aussie V8is working too well on US roadies
Quote from UncleBenny :Eh, American V8 Supercar series would be more exciting.

My dream is a series that just plops down current NASCAR cars on road courses and lets them have at it. Watching those ungainly beasts try to beat their way around Montreal or Road America is always a treat.

But this DTM thing could be good. The US hasn't had a good touring/GT series since TransAm folded way back when.

edit: I guess it hasn't folded... just running with a much lower profile now.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :My dream is a series that just plops down current NASCAR cars on road courses and lets them have at it. Watching those ungainly beasts try to beat their way around Montreal or Road America is always a treat.

But this DTM thing could be good. The US hasn't had a good touring/GT series since TransAm folded way back when.

edit: I guess it hasn't folded... just running with a much lower profile now.

TransAm failed hard circa 1998-2004, they went bankrupt IIRC
I think they would have been better off working with SCCA imo. Nascar fans don't go for Truck series races when all 3 series are running the same weekend and there is only 4 road course NASCARwide events that i know of. So in speculation, does this mean we'll see rovals again? Hope so
Quote from DeadWolfBones :My dream is a series that just plops down current NASCAR cars on road courses and lets them have at it. Watching those ungainly beasts try to beat their way around Montreal or Road America is always a treat.

Keep dreaming like the rest of us.

I'm looking forward to this, I always need another race series to watch.
Might have interesting implications on GrandAm (the actual Rolex series) and ALMS.
Grand Am can **** off IMO

I hate how NASCAR's killed it
Quote from DieKolkrabe :TransAm failed hard circa 1998-2004, they went bankrupt IIRC

They did, and were "saved" by someone, forget who... I thought Gentilozzi was involved, though.

In any case, I saw T/A at Mosport this year... and in Toronto. There was 7 cars.
I've got a feeling this will flop within a few seasons.
Your instincts are showing up. Looks like you're very experienced because most of the time such people can feel it in their veins. i doubt DTM will follow the nascar experience as much as it will the ALMS, and indy series

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG