The online racing simulator
Do you play guitar?
(83 posts, started )
Quote from al heeley :Let me know if you ever want to sell it - which model?

Was that to me?
Its a Epiphone but no i wont wnt to sell it, i loves it toooo much lol
Like this but this colour
Quote from thisnameistaken :It was me, and strangely enough he is the guy I was thinking of when I said how refreshing it was that nobody had linked to any cliche metal widdly-widdly garbage yet.

Trust me to bring the thread down then lol. I know it fits into the "cliche metal widdly-widdly" but i wouldnt say its garbage. I dont like children of bodom but i do like alexi playing the guitar.

Edit : spelling and link correction
:jawdrop: :guitarist :wow:

:weeping: Ill never be that good, well not for along time anyway
I don't get that flash guitar stuff with very few exceptions. I find a lot of it emotionless. I'd rather listen to or play (22+ years) a sustained single note if the tone is right than listen to 4 bars of 64th notes. That's just me I guess.

Eddie I can dig because he's the grand daddy and after all these years his sound is still quite unique. Certain tracks from Satriani I can dig when he chooses his notes as destinations rather than filler. Eric Johnson is also quite good but stuff like Malsteen strikes me as rushed masturbation. To each their own though.

Here's a good Johnson track that I like (Cliffs of Dover, Live):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6833529017668510290
hell yeah Van Halen, pity they don't tour the UK..

never heard of Eric, but it's good stuff!
Quote from Leachman :I don't get that flash guitar stuff with very few exceptions. I find a lot of it emotionless. I'd rather listen to or play (22+ years) a sustained single note if the tone is right than listen to 4 bars of 64th notes. That's just me I guess.

Eddie I can dig because he's the grand daddy and after all these years his sound is still quite unique. Certain tracks from Satriani I can dig when he chooses his notes as destinations rather than filler. Eric Johnson is also quite good but stuff like Malsteen strikes me as rushed masturbation. To each their own though.

I think like that too... except I don't really like Eric Johnson that much either... All his stuff sounds the same to me.

And as for VanHalen NOT touring the UK.... Well for one, there is no Van Halen anymore. Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony are on tour together
and David Lee Roth just released this horrible album called "strummin with the Devil" which is a bunch a Bluegrass versions of old VH songs...

Also, the last time Van Halen toured... they were greedy and asked for $$$$ per ticket. I think they lost their butts on that tour money-wise.
LOL someone forgot to tell them it's not 1984 anymore
Yep, Eddie is a bit special. I saw Van Halen live 8 years ago (with Haggar). Eddie did a 15-20 minute improviastion with zero accompaniment sitting on the edge of the stage. Worth the price of admission alone.
I too don't really get all that fret wanking stuff. It's barely even music as I understand the definition.

I admire the technical prowess and all that, but if you listen to the music that's going on underneath it, it sounds like supermarket music speeded up. I just can't get emotional over it.

It you want rock music, listen to Jimi or Led Zep. And bands like Spacemen 3 and My Bloody Valentine can blow your mind with only one chord.
Quote from Leachman :I don't get that flash guitar stuff with very few exceptions. I find a lot of it emotionless.

I know i posted a link to it, i dont like it from a music point of view but from a talent and skill level i like it. For me songs should have a guitar solo in no the guitar solo is the song so to speak.
You can keep your Epi, Greboth, I have an Epi 335 Dot, its a great guitar for the money, good range of tones, I replaced the electrics and got some better pickups installed.
I'm holding out for a real Gibbo LP
I had a bass many,many moons ago, but got nowhere with it.
8 months ago i bought myself a fender Squire P-bass, not wanting to spend a fortune if i wasnt going to keep it.
ive since aquired a nice 50 watt Vox amp, and i get great delight annoying the neighbours with my awlful practise, but i LOVE it.
i have no music skills at all, just been reading tabs and playing along to a few songs i have on cd, mostly rock. ive also bought a few newbie bass books, which contain the "play-along-cd".
i have a workmate who plays drums, and his mate plays guitar, so maybe if they are patient with me maybe one day we could be gigging.......but then again...................lol
Quote from al heeley :I'm holding out for a real Gibbo LP

:irked: Mines a real Gibbo but i know what you mean lol. Id love to buy a real gibbo LP but for a first electric they are a bit expensive lol.
My ex-girlfriend recently started playing guitar... Under influence of her best friend, I guess. Getting that guitar was one of the things that started our breaking up I have nothing against music, but also not much for it. But now I hate guitars Stupid me even helped her looking for that damned thing illepall
Quote from Greboth ::irked: Mines a real Gibbo but i know what you mean lol. Id love to buy a real gibbo LP but for a first electric they are a bit expensive lol.

Today's epiphones especially out of Korea are very good and respectable instruments, I'm certainly not knocking them (as I also own one - but I would not call it a real gibbo!), and with a little work on the electrics they really do shine. Very, very good value for money.
I can play the one string guitar
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I can play the one string guitar

What tunes? :guitarist
Wow, awesome. Who would've thought so many people who play racing sims are muso's

Here's my rundown. Started bass when i was about 13-14. Played till i was about 19-20. I picked up guitar towards my bass retirement. Actually, guitar was the reason for my bass retirement. I found bass SO boring to play after picking up a guitar. The only time i play bass now is to play along with some red hot chili peppers/rage against the machine type slap. To give you an idea, i could play "Get up and jump" without stopping for entire song. By god my wrist is sore by the end.

So yeah i started guitar when i was bout 19. I never really was that technically minded when it came to music. I only know basic scales and can only play power chords and a few standard chords that i've been shown. I wouldn't have a clue how to read charts. I can read tab music, but that's about it. I play by ear.

All said and done i am a drummer to the bone. First time i jumped behind a drum kit was in tafe when i was about 18. SO nervous i played like crap. Anyway i was in a band for a few years with some mates and because i was the bass player, the drummer and i got along really well. Eventually the band ended. Another drummer friend of mine wanted a set of wheels for his car so i swapped him my wheels for his Roland V-Drum kit. I have had it for the last 3 years now and it is my favourite thing ever.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Now this guy's got a unique approach! Badass groove too, shame the drummer's so loud.

That is cool! Good on the bass player! Pretty amazing to see hammer-ons done so well for so long. The drummer is hitting like a woman. Ain't getting much quieter then that
Played since 1969, currently own a gibson copy and an old yamaha.

Funny thing, as guys have joined NASSA we've found that most play...heck we even got a concert Tuba Player on the team.

Hey SHIM...that's a great avatar...made me smile.
Quote from al heeley :Today's epiphones especially out of Korea are very good and respectable instruments, I'm certainly not knocking them (as I also own one - but I would not call it a real gibbo!), and with a little work on the electrics they really do shine. Very, very good value for money.

Uhhh.. I seen some new Epis that were very good and others that were flat out crap. They seem to be hit or miss that way and not model specific.
So I'd advise looking over one very carefully before buying.
Now that being said, I knew a guy that had an old 60's (?) epi SG that was easily as good sounding if not better than any Gibson SG I've ever heard.
It had P-40s in it.

Also, Is it just me or are PRS guitars waaayy waay over rated? The one I played on was very nice, but not THAT nice.
#45 - Tege
Wow! Quite a few guitar players here. Nice. I've been playing for about 10 years now. Been in a few bands as a bass player and done couple of small gigs. I just bought a Les Paul about two months ago.

And yes that guy in that vid is good (the first post).
Quote from thisnameistaken :I like this one.

I'm not a guitarist though, I'm a bassist. Just cleaned and polished my Warwick this very evening actually and it's looking and smelling lovely.

What sort of Warwick? I have a Corvette.
I've recently seriously started learning the guitar. I currently have a nice Yamaha classical acoustic. However, I'm currently looking at getting an electric.

Been fiddling around, and asking the guitar boff of the family (my dad), and I think I'm going to be getting a Fender Squier Strat Mmmm, electric blue
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Check out OLGA (Online Guitar Archive) Not the best but a good resource nonetheless.

Check out Nuno Bentoncourt's 'Flight of the wounded Bumblebee'

If anyone can be arsed also check out Nightwish's version of the theme fromj Crimson Tide. If you like your guitar rock work then you'll love it. I found a vid and the music on Bearshare.

Also anything Dave Gilmour plays. I love that swooping, melodic guitar voice. Thats how a guitar should be played.

Been playing myself for over 10 years (Been playing the piano for since I was a kid. Mothers a concert pianist). Just got an accoustic atm. Need cashola to get meself a nice electric.

Plus that kid playing Air on a G string. That is virgeing on the virtuoso. I think I'm getting good and then I see something like that and just feel like chucking it all in and doing something else.

We should get a LFS band together or something.
Quote from Funnybear :We should get a LFS band together or something.

We could all learn to play the music from the menu screen lmao.
I quite like some of the title music . . . . Is that wrong?

Do you play guitar?
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG