The online racing simulator
Need help testing connectivity on server (SOLVED)
Hi folks.

Every time I try hosting a server in any game, my friend can't connect to my server. I've opened the appropriate port in the router (29339) for both TCP and UDP, and I don't think my windows firewall is blocking the port (I pressed "allow" when the popup for the firewall appeared for LFS).

I'm hosting a server called test123 now, no password. Can somebody try to connect to this server, and post if it failed or not here? Just to see if the problem is with mine or my friend's computer. Would appreciate it!
#3 - Bean0
Isn't it both ?
Quote from Bean0 :Isn't it both ?

Ah, yes.

Quote : Test a connection from outside the local subnet, i.e. from the internet. If it doesn't work, forward / open the incoming ports (TCP/63392,UDP/63392), and make sure the outgoing port (TCP/29339) is also open.

Did any of you two try connecting to the server?

I've only opened up port 29339, and use that as the port when starting a server ingame.

I've tried this tool: CanYouSeeMe.org - Open Port Check Tool, and I get this error:

Error: I could not see your service on 217.xxx.xx.xxx on port (29339)
Reason: Connection timed out

But I just started thinking. Should I use the IP that I've x'ed out over here when I'm opening ports in the router, or should I use the IP assigned to my computer (192.168.0.103)?
#6 - Bean0
Dont have LFS with me atm, so can't connect. Do have a quick look throught the hosting wiki: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Hosting as you might have missed something. Connection timed out error is usually (afaik) associated with improper port forwarding (or not port forwarding at all).
Now I tried turning of the Windows firewall, to see if thats the problemchild.

I still get an error, only this time

Error: I could not see your service on 217.xxx.xx.xxx on port (29339)
Reason: Connection refused

So now it's Connection refused, not Connection timed out. Does this tell you guys anything?

Edit: And now I opened port 63392:

Success: I can see your service on 217.xxx.xx.xxx on port (63392)
Your ISP is not blocking port 63392
Quote from flonoen :
So now it's Connection refused, not Connection timed out. Does this tell you guys anything?

Antivirus blocking the connection?
Quote from Silverracer :Antivirus blocking the connection?

I'm using AVG free, don't think that includes a firewall. Googling how to open ports in the windows firewall now, think that's the problem.
Thanks to sccc mauni for confirming that it works

And thanks to the rest of you as well, I'm impressed with how fast I got replys for my thread.

I've now opened port 29339 and 63392 both UDP and TCP in both router and windows firewall, port 29339 still gives me an error on the port check tool. Doesn't matter though, as long as I can use the 63392 port and have it working.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG