The online racing simulator
David Coulthard and Ferrari?
(15 posts, started )
Rumours have spread that Ferrari are in talks with Ferrari for next years driver for 2007 for David Coulthard.

What are your views for this?

Here is mine:

World Championship opportunity *even though he was considered as a 2nd driver in McLaren and Williams* and driving with one of the best teams that have the reputation of making the best parking in Monaco.

I hope a yes for Ferrari.
i dont think they will go with DC, probebly someone younger that they can keep for a long time like they did with MS.
Next season both Schumachers will drive Super Aguri, Alonso will drive in Yamaha at MotoGP, Couldhard and Montoya with Ferrari and McLaren's cars will last more than two races in a row, and Norbert Haug will win the title with Jordan. Its true, believe me, thats what I heard. And Takuma Sato will be the first japanese guy in the moon, with Honda.

You can allways count on rumors of F1 world.
Your rumors are slightly silly.

I heard that the drivers will do 1 lap in an F1 car and another on a motoGP bike. From there, both times will be added and the fastest will be on pole position.

In the race, instead of the normal pit stops, the drivers will have to get out, bandage up and look after a sick puppy as fast as humanly possible, swap to bikes and get on with the race.
I've heard that 2007 title will be decided by all the drivers appearing on Deal or no deal.

a certain german driver will help his chances by having a spare box under the table, and the banker will be none other than his wealthy manager!
#6 - wE1l
From Autosport in Feb 2005

David Coulthard has revealed that he was strongly considering a Ferrari testing deal before instead opting for a race seat with the new Red Bull Formula 1 team.

The Scot told Italian newspaper Gazzatta dello Sport that he believes he would have fitted in well at Ferrari despite spending nine seasons battling with the Italian cars while driving for their arch rivals McLaren.

“I had the impression that if I had the opportunity to work in that team I would have felt at ease there,” said Coulthard.

“So we talked about the possibility of becoming test driver (at Ferrari), but in the end I had the chance to race so it's fine. Ferrari is certainly a different team.”

When Coulthard visited the Ferrari factory in November it seemed unlikely that he would find an F1 race seat in 2005, but within weeks he had secured the lead Red Bull drive. Ferrari instead opted to sign ex-Williams reserve driver Marc Gene as a second test driver alongside Luca Badoer.

Coulthard, who is currently testing the new RBR F1 car at Jerez, believes Ferrari remain championship favourites despite impressive testing performances by his old team McLaren.

“I expect Ferrari to remain the team to beat,” he said.

From Thursday's press conference

Q: An interesting story today in Autosport suggesting that you’re in contact, in discussion with Ferrari. What have you got to say about that?
DC: Well, it’s inevitable that everyone has to know what the market-place offers. If you look at Ferrari from the outside, they’ve got one driver scoring serious points and the other one not. Any team needs to have two drivers in a position to capitalise and as I say, I didn’t score over 500 points by accident.

Q: So you have been in contact with them.
DC: That’s none of your business. As I said, everyone talks to everyone at this stage of the season so I’m sure that even Jenson, although we believe he’s contracted to Honda, I’m sure he’s probably talking to someone as well.

See, there's no smoke without a fire.
Well who would deny any speculations involving name Ferrari? There is no bad press and its Ferrari! I dont see a reason for Ferrari have two old guys racing, Schumacher has enough experience to build a car. And in F1 rumours there is usually lots of smoke without flames.
#8 - wE1l
Quote from Blackout :Well who would deny any speculations involving name Ferrari? There is no bad press and its Ferrari! I dont see a reason for Ferrari have two old guys racing, Schumacher has enough experience to build a car. And in F1 rumours there is usually lots of smoke without flames.

I think it's blatantly obvious from the info above that DC would even opt for a Ferrari test role instead of a race seat, which is huge itself. How many times you hear about a test driver eager for a race seat? And in the press conference, rather than denying it, DC spoke quite indicatively. Plus considering his attitude towards the Monaco incident involving Ferrari and MS, I'd say DC has an agenda in his pocket. He will be an ideal No.2 driver IMO.
Doesnt RedBull have something to do with Ferrari, the engines? And that article you quoted is over 1 year old. Speculatios just speculations, that what this is and its not worth it.
Seems unlikely to me.

Quote from ayrton senna 87 :I heard that the drivers will do 1 lap in an F1 car and another on a motoGP bike. From there, both times will be added and the fastest will be on pole position.

In the race, instead of the normal pit stops, the drivers will have to get out, bandage up and look after a sick puppy as fast as humanly possible, swap to bikes and get on with the race.

Now that would make F1 exciting
and there would be alot less sick puppies in the world! everyone wins (apart from super aguri)
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :and there would be alot less sick puppies in the world!

Lets hope Hyundai don't enter F1 then
Yeah. They EAT puppies
#14 - JJ72
And I heard that from now on they will sing Bohemian rhapsody on the podium, the third place finisher will have to sing Taylor's part in the opera sesson, which doesn't work very well for the monotonious Fins obviously.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Blackout : Schumacher has enough experience to build a car.

i'm thinking he actualy doesnt have what it takes to build a good car. and that it was becouse of barrichello's feedback that they had sutch a good car for so many seasons. but ofcours thats just a theory and ofcourse its coming from a barrichello fan still if u think about it it could be correct.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG