The online racing simulator
Potentionmeters' disease
(7 posts, started )
Potentionmeters' disease
I wonder if anybody got that? Tilt
I just dropped in to have some laps and I found out that my wheel not used for couple of months is just unusable. I cannot turn it gradually so now it is just a crap. In fact potentiometer for my speakers just next to my wheel has also the same indications although it was used many more times than my wheel which I didnt touch for a couple of moths.

Anybody familiar with something similar? Anywhere in the world?
Maybe it needs some time to get itself in "shape" again. Maybe some oil would fix that?
Potentiometer needs oiling to clean it once a year when used. And turns to crap when not used half a year. Like it's getting rusty Uh-hu

Is it normal?
tons of grease on gears, there can't be a problem other than that. I mean, it just plastic, how would it change?
#5 - Fuse5
some plastics deteriorate due to heat cycles. Doesnt need to be extreme temp differences. Humidity can also to the trick i suppose.
All cheap potentiometers do that after a while. You can clean them with WD40, but eventually it'll come back.

Logitech uses an optical encoder on the DFP and G25 wheel, but for some reason not on the pedals. Optical encoders don't have noise issues, unless the encoder wheel gets clogged with dust (in that case you seriously need to clean your room lol).
Quote from kingfag :All cheap potentiometers do that after a while. You can clean them with WD40, but eventually it'll come back.

Damn, it looks that every month or two Shrug

Potentionmeters' disease
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG