The online racing simulator
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Was a racing incident imo Hamilton drove the corner like no-one was there and so did Webber. BOOM!

I wouldn't say Lewis drove the corner like no-one was there, Lewis did allow for "some" space for Mark Webber, just that obviously it wasn't enough. (It would usually work out through, except when one tries that on Mark Webber or Michael Schumacher, or perhaps Robert Kubica...)

Which was obviously not enough especially since Mark usually drove round corners like no one was there... so....

But agree it's 100% pure racing incident through, I can't see how any of them could take it any differently. Mark wouldn't just give up, and Lewis couldn't give Mark more space because if he does, he has to go over the other side of the kerbs, and he'll then be screwed for "gainning an advantage by going off the track".
must admit i don't understand why, chicanes apart, we've developed this thing of having kerbs on the inside of street tracks which force the cars to run in a narrower track, out side of the corner sort of makes sense as it allows a bit of room to run wide but the only reason i can think of for that kerb on the inside of where hamilton and webber hit is to hide the fact that a lot of the bends here are square 90 degree bends, let them run right up to the inside wall or outside walls if they want, makes the track wider and then if someone does go down the inside tight against the wall, chances are they'd have to run wide at the exit so allowing the outside car a chance to cut back inside
Quote from tinvek :must admit i don't understand why, chicanes apart, we've developed this thing of having kerbs on the inside of street tracks which force the cars to run in a narrower track, out side of the corner sort of makes sense as it allows a bit of room to run wide but the only reason i can think of for that kerb on the inside of where hamilton and webber hit is to hide the fact that a lot of the bends here are square 90 degree bends, let them run right up to the inside wall or outside walls if they want, makes the track wider and then if someone does go down the inside tight against the wall, chances are they'd have to run wide at the exit so allowing the outside car a chance to cut back inside

I think that idea is a pretty idiotic way for saying "yay we've got some artificially made "run-off area", so it is not that dangerous after all".

But then the FIA and the track designer most probably have a much better reasons for these.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG