The online racing simulator
slowmotion - BF1
(46 posts, started )
Quote from XCNuse :well.. i had to see that beginning part which i passed over, its so stiff because its the WR replay

don.. you should redo it, with a loose set so we can watch those arms move around

well I could run around with 15 front wing and 0 rear wing, if that would help ! illepall
#27 - joen
that vid is just...sexy!
#28 - Don
Quote from Madman_CZ :WOW... totaly blown away!!! what a great vid..... just wondering what you used to capture the vid at such good quality and how do you make your custom cameras??

again cant wait for more... maybe do one with a ferrari skin .. ahem!

mad

i used fraps, captured @ 720x576 and then i cut the black bars from top and bottom. To get custom cam, press SHIFT+U
#29 - axus
Quote from RichardTowler :well I could run around with 15 front wing and 0 rear wing, if that would help ! illepall

Richard, when are we getting a review of the new patch from you? I'm actually looking forward to it.
Very nice Don. I love it. In slome you can really see how realisticly the car handles. Just like those slowmotion shot in real life.
Quote from axus :Richard, when are we getting a review of the new patch from you? I'm actually looking forward to it.

LFS now has a formula 1 car 10/10, well there's not much in this patch to be honest, the physics really haven't changed all that much, sure they are alittle better in how the cars handle compared to before, but its not OMG THIS IS A NEW SIM feelling, I will wait for S2 final before looking at LFS again in review form unless I do any comparison articles
fwd driving as changed alot imo... full accel in corners no longer keeps the car from turning. Before you would go straight, it didn't turn a bit! now it turns, its bad turning (as it should be), but it turns
#33 - axus
Quote from RichardTowler :LFS now has a formula 1 car 10/10, well there's not much in this patch to be honest, the physics really haven't changed all that much, sure they are alittle better in how the cars handle compared to before, but its not OMG THIS IS A NEW SIM feelling, I will wait for S2 final before looking at LFS again in review form unless I do any comparison articles

I quite like the effects of the patch - its still LFS but its better in terms of physics. Yes, while the problem still persists, this has gone a long way in abolishing it (I'd say were a good 60% of the way there). We're certainly getting there. A few physics patch or two more and this will be completely mind-blowing
Freakin awesome video. I just got the game then showed this video to some car friends and now they're getting it lol.....
Quote from Silverstreak :Freakin awesome video. I just got the game then showed this video to some car friends and now they're getting it lol.....

Ohhhh, Propaganda...I like
Quote from axus :I quite like the effects of the patch - its still LFS but its better in terms of physics. Yes, while the problem still persists, this has gone a long way in abolishing it (I'd say were a good 60% of the way there). We're certainly getting there. A few physics patch or two more and this will be completely mind-blowing

as I have said before, the physics are not the full problem, but I wouldn't say its anywhere near 60% close to fixing the handling issues, and yes I have driven all the updated cars, and I will say again, physics are only one part of a racing sim, that makes it 'feel' good, when a sim as bad as an ISI sim can put across a more realistic feeling than LFS you know something is wrong, of course its easier to fake it though
first of all nice vid don ... as usual and as expected

quite frankly richard if you dont like the feel of lfs as it is now you probably will never like it ... especially if you prefer the feel of isi sims which just feel dead and very remote to all lfs fans round here
most here believe that lfs is the closest anything has ever gotten to make the player feel like hes in a real car and we also greatly prefer the way lfs gets gforces across via head movements instead of canned ff effects (peri will certainly disagree at this point as even those are bollocks and a motion platform is the only true way to simulate gforces)
well thats why they are LFS fans huh its actually hard to find people around here that have an 'open' mind when it comes to racing sims, but anyways, I'am only comparing to RH2005 mod, which is the only f1 I like in f1c, the rest of the stuff I have tried including default really does suck major donkey ass. RH is the only one to that get balance right, its not perfect but its good for an ISI based thing, and usually I'am the first person to complain about that floaty crap in isi stuff

My view of lfs is well known so I won't go into it again, but what I will say is, I can see how close it appears to be, but it missing that factor which will make me jump across and play it constantly, its just lacking something, its hard to pin point where it is, but its not there what ever it is compared to other sims I play, and i play alot of them..
Quote from RichardTowler :My view of lfs is well known so I won't go into it again, but what I will say is, I can see how close it appears to be, but it missing that factor which will make me jump across and play it constantly, its just lacking something, its hard to pin point where it is, but its not there what ever it is compared to other sims I play, and i play alot of them..

Long time since I read that your Gamefaction review (I still think that the 6/10 score was stupid choice, as it didn't have any connection to the actual text) but I remember you complained about the lack of immersion. Sounds, real GP weekends and stuff like that?
Its great! I love that 10/10
Unbelievable stuff! :wow:

This is worth watching even if you're not into racing simulators.

The only thing I'd change is add more brightness, otherwise most excellent quality and execution in this gem :headbang:
Simply stunning, I love it
Next in slowmotion series, great
DoN, have you ever thought of making real slowmotion movie with UF1000 ?
Quote from KeMoT :Next in slowmotion series, great
DoN, have you ever thought of making real slowmotion movie with UF1000 ?

It'd still look slowmotion even if the video was sped up by 200%
Worlds Longest Motion Picture : UF1000 at 0.125 speed on Kyoto GP Long.
sorry for digging up an old thread, but i just bought myself an ipod 30 gig, and this was the first video i put on it lol.. its amazing

any LFS video on the ipod really shows off how good the graphics are

but.. then again, my monitor is strange and so dark i have to screw with windows media player settings but... owell, if you have an ipod that supports video, check out what this video looks like on it, its truely.. better

slowmotion - BF1
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG