The online racing simulator
How many racetracks are there in Great Britain?
Hi there,

I was just wondering yesterday: How many racetracks there are in GB with at least 0.5 mile length?
Thanks alot. Was looking for a list like that yesterday, but couldn't find something like that.
God I must have been drunk yesterday, because now I find lists with tracks everywhere :clapclap:
debatable if you can include top gear's test track, if you do that then MIRA etc need to be included as well
#7 - Mysho
Awesome, we have incredible number of 1 here.
Quote from Mysho :Awesome, we have incredible number of 1 here.

Well, same in Estonia
Quote from tinvek :debatable if you can include top gear's test track, if you do that then MIRA etc need to be included as well

I'd debate the inclusion of Santa Pod drag strip also.

Darley Moor should be on there, that's a proper circuit about 1.5miles long, though only used for motorcycle racing, and perhaps superkarts iirc.

Kirkistown in Northern Ireland too.
Looks like that wiki article is wrong; it puts Kirkistown and Mondello in Ireland, whereas they're actually Northern Irish, therefore in GB.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Looks like that wiki article is wrong; it puts Kirkistown and Mondello in Ireland, whereas they're actually Northern Irish, therefore in GB.

Pretty sure Mondello Park is near Dublin.
three sisters in wigan too
Quote from brt900 :three sisters in wigan too

It advertises itself as a race track but in all honesty it's just a kart track :|
Quote from sinbad :Pretty sure Mondello Park is near Dublin.

You're right. I should research before I write.
Nice. I want live in Great Britain. There are a lot of racetracks and lot of races. In Czech Republic are only two racetracks (and few kart tracks).
Quote from Mp3 Astra :You're right. I should research before I write.

Common sense would have saved you, because none of Ireland is in Great Britain dear Passo!
Quote from tinvek :debatable if you can include top gear's test track, if you do that then MIRA etc need to be included as well

i agree top gear track is NOT a race track.
also they have missed out Blyton, Nutts Corner & Tockwith & a whole load of stockcar ovals.
there are a few hillclimbs in UK that might qualify but they dont complete a circuit.
Quote from jakeeatworld :It advertises itself as a race track but in all honesty it's just a kart track :|

its 3 cars wide on the back straight and around 2.5 in the corners
Quote from brt900 :its 3 cars wide on the back straight and around 2.5 in the corners

The width of a race track does not make it any more or less of a race track.
Take Cadwell Park for example, the last sector is quite tight, I think it would be a struggle to get 3 cars wide without having 2 wheels on the grass.
#20 - 5haz
If you include drag strips then theres also Shakespeare County raceway. Carnaby up North somewhere, Dundrod and the Northwest 200 if you consider Ulster to be British...
Quote from The Moose :Courtesy of wiki

EDIT..just saw the link in Forbins post:doh:

New Brighton is a street circuit so is the Superprix so they shouldn't be in that list, and you can't test on the Top Gear Track, and there is, and never has been an official motorsport authorised race there anyway. the Top Gear Track is just an airfield. It's not something to be in that list, no actual racing even goes on there... Santa Pod is a dragstrip only, if thats on there, then Avon Park should be and so should York raceway.
Lol no ones raced on the birmingham superprix layout in 20 years!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG