The online racing simulator
Smart Phones - Need Guru Advice Please!
(90 posts, started )
Opinions, we all have them, just some here suck!
Quote from PMD9409 :Opinions, we all have them, just some here suck!

Difference is, my opinions are right
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No.

I would suggest anyone that is thinking of a Blackberry to either not buy one, or to go remove themselves from the gene pool as they are too stupid to live.

Blackberries have shitty software (slow). Perfect example. My Ex-GF.. Opening hers and my thread of conversation.. 15 minutes to open it. My iPhone (which as it's a thread, contains all of them)... instantly.

Rebooting the phone as well... (which her BB needed a lot.. nearly every day) 10 minutes to boot it up. iPhone takes 1 minute tops, and it takes the longest because of the JB (I have a lot of background apps running for my own linux nerdy stuff.

Internet browsing is a tragedy. Only the latest OS makes it useful.. but it's still garbage.

My Wife's BlackBerry (I thought it would be shit) turned out to be very good, txt/IM conversations are no problem to load at all, your ex-GF must have dropped it repeatidly, also my wifes BB needed a reboot after a drop and it didn't take 10mins, but the one thing I agree with you on is that internet browsing is slower than it it should be.

You are using her phone as example for all BlackBerries, admitted, you can only use your own experience to analyze a product, but if a phone needs rebooting alot, chances are, is that it's had a drop.

There is a reason why alot of contracts and buisness contracts are on a BlackBerry phone - Because they are fast and extremely easy to use, and you don't need a stupid stylus. You can use a BlackBerry with one hand, an iPhone you need too, as do most other new phones now with stupid stylus', the only advantage to a stylus is that you can use it with gloves more easily, but you cant really use an iPhone or Android phone with dirty hands (which is common for people who work) without having to clean it before the shit sticks to the screen and when removed, leaves scratches.

Also, touch screens drain battery life, and increase overheating problems, as do stupid cases for any phone. And, you can't message people from inside your pocket (admittedly you can't do it with a BlackBerry either) but in a crime ridden country, you need to be careful as to who sees your phone, so txting from the pocket is an advantage. Having said that, there is the BlackBerry Pearl, which has regular phone keys.

Ya don't see that on an iPhone. You pay all that cash for a phone, and you have to have it on show all the time, you can't be Mr. Low Key because you make it clear to everyone around you (when on bus, train, or waiting around) that you have an expensive phone when you are flipping out a stylus and tapping at your screen like some entranced geek.
Quote from PMD9409 :Opinions, we all have them, just some here suck!

like the iphone does jk
Quote from Shotglass :right back at ya

Well, when you pull your head out of your ass, PM me so I can remove you from my block list.
Quote from BlueFlame :blah, blah, blah...

Why would you need to use a stylus (never seen someone using one) and why would you need to use both hands, touch screen phones can be use the same as the keyboard ones, when to touch screens phones over heat?

You can get screen protectors to put on the screens, they don't even effect the touch screen either. Why would someome who is prone to having dirty hands, so much so it would effect the use of a phone even go for a touch screen? If they were that dirty they'd **** up none touch screen phones.

Where are you getting this awesome information? In fact just stop making bullshit problems to try and prove your point.

Most new touch screens wont even work with a stylus, they work of the heat of a touch and not pressure.

I can't event take you seriously (I want to) anything you say is just lost becasue you go to such an extreme

And Jakg, the iphone is no longer the only phone with an amazin touch screen keyboard.
Why does he think iphones require a stylus?
Quote from BlueFlame :My Wife's BlackBerry (I thought it would be shit) turned out to be very good, txt/IM conversations are no problem to load at all, your ex-GF must have dropped it repeatidly, also my wifes BB needed a reboot after a drop and it didn't take 10mins, but the one thing I agree with you on is that internet browsing is slower than it it should be.

You are using her phone as example for all BlackBerries, admitted, you can only use your own experience to analyze a product, but if a phone needs rebooting alot, chances are, is that it's had a drop.

There is a reason why alot of contracts and buisness contracts are on a BlackBerry phone - Because they are fast and extremely easy to use, and you don't need a stupid stylus. You can use a BlackBerry with one hand, an iPhone you need too, as do most other new phones now with stupid stylus', the only advantage to a stylus is that you can use it with gloves more easily, but you cant really use an iPhone or Android phone with dirty hands (which is common for people who work) without having to clean it before the shit sticks to the screen and when removed, leaves scratches.

Also, touch screens drain battery life, and increase overheating problems, as do stupid cases for any phone. And, you can't message people from inside your pocket (admittedly you can't do it with a BlackBerry either) but in a crime ridden country, you need to be careful as to who sees your phone, so txting from the pocket is an advantage. Having said that, there is the BlackBerry Pearl, which has regular phone keys.

Ya don't see that on an iPhone. You pay all that cash for a phone, and you have to have it on show all the time, you can't be Mr. Low Key because you make it clear to everyone around you (when on bus, train, or waiting around) that you have an expensive phone when you are flipping out a stylus and tapping at your screen like some entranced geek.

Blah blah.

You're very good at knowing what you're talking about. /sarcasm

Ask anyone that is knowledgable in tech. They will tell you that Blackberries are a terrible investment right now. They are antiquated compared to the current phones on the market.

How does a drop affect a phone? The whole thing about solid-state memory is it is resiliant to impact. What part would break (other than screen) on a drop.

Also, if you knew what you were talking about. You'd realize that most modern touchscreens are capacitive, which means that it requires skin contact to actually work. Old, Resistive touchscreens are the ones prone to accidental keypresses but there's a good reason they are being phased out.

Crime shouldn't be a factor in your decision. Sure you might live in the third world, but people in civil societys don't have random muggers at all times of day. Or maybe you should quit hanging around the drug addict sides of town if phone theft is a problem.

Also.. Stylus with an iPhone.. really? ****, man I have been using my phone wrong. all this time with my fingers, and no accuracy problems at all.. when I should have been using a stylus. Shit. My bad guys.

Also, quit talking about this "wife". It's clear that it's BS from your overall interlectual skills (sic).
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, when you pull your head out of your ass, PM me so I can remove you from my block list.

oh my im on the ignorelist of a guy whose been banned from pretty much everything related to lfs several times (and afaik currently still is banned from #lfs) on grounds of being a twat
how can i possibly live with myself after that?
Quote from Shotglass :oh my im on the ignorelist of a guy whose been banned from pretty much everything related to lfs several times (and afaik currently still is banned from #lfs) on grounds of being a twat
how can i possibly live with myself after that?

It's curious you say that.

I rarely (if ever) have been banned from any servers. The #liveforspeed ban, well that's amp88 being a cock, which from what I've heard is pretty par for him. LFS forum bans.. whatever, I get them for saying what others refuse to say.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's curious you say that.

I rarely (if ever) have been banned from any servers. The #liveforspeed ban, well that's amp88 being a cock, which from what I've heard is pretty par for him. LFS forum bans.. whatever, I get them for saying what others refuse to say.

^good point^
Quote from thisnameistaken :Why does he think iphones require a stylus?

because they do
http://marius.kallhardt.de/blo ... 010/02/sausage-stylus.jpg
frankly sitting around with a sausage in your hand tapping onto your phones screen because the capacitive touch (not actually touch but thats a technicality) sensor wont pick up your fingers through the thick gloves makes you look like an idiot

Quote from dawesdust_12 :The #liveforspeed ban, well that's amp88 being a cock, which from what I've heard is pretty par for him.

the one time i was around to witness what you were banned for it was entirely you being banned for acting like a complete tosser
and fyi i have yet to see anyone but you having problems with amp

Quote :LFS forum bans.. whatever, I get them for saying what others refuse to say.

you get them for saying what things that only a mind as twisted as yours would ever come up with

also i dont remeber writing you any pms so why exactly are you still replying to me? oh right your "threat" of putting me on your ignore list was something youll never actually do
Well if we get absolutely technical, we never touch anything. Nothing ever ever ever touches.

So you've provided a random product that some crazy people developed for iPhones as an example. Normal humans would use their hands, as do 99.996% of people with iPhones (Check that stat, it's legit)

Because a few people are idiots and use stylus', doesn't make EVERYONE an idiot. Just look at this forum. You're here, but the whole forum isn't automatically full of idiots.

the iphone cant be used with a stylus?

doesnt the screen not register that?
Quote from logitekg25 :the iphone cant be used with a stylus?

doesnt the screen not register that?

Quote from apple fanboy :Also, if you knew what you were talking about. You'd realize that most modern touchscreens are capacitive, which means that it requires skin contact to actually work. Old, Resistive touchscreens are the ones prone to accidental keypresses but there's a good reason they are being phased out.

this
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Ask anyone that is knowledgable in tech. They will tell you that Blackberries are a terrible investment right now.

Pff... How can anything be considered an investment that's meant to be replaced by a newer model every 6/12 months?
A friend of mine had a Blackberry for a while. He had major problems with it losing all his email all the time. In the end from the way he handled his phone it was obvious he was trying to break it so he could justify replacing it. He has an iphone now.

And I have to say the call quality on his iphone (on O2, I don't know if it's the phone or his network) is awful, I hate having to speak to him on it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So you've provided a random product that some crazy people developed for iPhones as an example. Normal humans would use their hands, as do 99.996% of people with iPhones (Check that stat, it's legit)

uninformed much?
its some sausage (yes its meant for human consumption not for iphones) that koreans (germany isnt the only place where you can buy sausages) figured works well as a stylus during the winter when its too cold to use your bare fingers and the gloves are too thick to allow your fingers to get close enough to the screen to register

Quote :Because a few people are idiots and use stylus', doesn't make EVERYONE an idiot. Just look at this forum. You're here, but the whole forum isn't automatically full of idiots.

has it ever occured to you the reason everyone thinks youre an ass is you?
Quote from Shotglass :uninformed much?
its some sausage (yes its meant for human consumption not for iphones) that koreans (germany isnt the only place where you can buy sausages) figured works well as a stylus during the winter when its too cold to use your bare fingers and the gloves are too thick to allow your fingers to get close enough to the screen to register

It's still a retarded idea. If it's too cold, you live in the wrong place and should move.
Quote from Shotglass :
has it ever occured to you the reason everyone thinks youre an ass is you?

It's a funny thing, but I'm just awesome.
I shall charge you for my gut operation after hearing that, you wrecked both my gut and my face at the same time..... ouch... I am no-long-er alive... I-am-dead...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's still a retarded idea. If it's too cold, you live in the wrong place and should move.

i dont think korea is particularly cold compared to ****ing canada
why would anyone want to live in canada anyway? its just elks trees and french people

Smart Phones - Need Guru Advice Please!
(90 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG