The online racing simulator
Stairway to heaven...
(51 posts, started )
Stairway to heaven...
I honestly think I would bottle it way before the top.
I have a fear of high places... I would really die up there.
And also, I hope he had a parachute
#4 - 5haz
Made my palms sweaty just watching this.

Good post. Reminds me of those photos from the 30s of the Empire State being built, all those workers having lunch on a beam hundreds of feet up.
Ouch, I couldn't even watch the whole video. My stomach was starting to turn just from the camera swinging down and showing the ground..
God..... I have a recurring nightmare I get a couple of times a year where I'm clinging onto a tower with no safety harnesses or anything. That just brought it all back. I am petrified of heights - I get a squirty guts feeling even look over the balcony we have at work, just 30 feet or so down to the reception.

As someone says in the comments:
Quote :i'm surprised the tower didn't bend from the sheer weight of his balls

I can't even watch videos of other people in situations like that without my palms and the soles of my feet sweating like crazy.

Every time he unclipped that carabiner I thought "YOU FOOL!".

What made it worse was the guy following him up. That's my worst nightmate - not being able to turn back because someone (or many people) are following you, and you can only retreat as fast as they retreat.

Actually climbing down from stuff for me is more scary than climbing up, but to be honest if someone put a gun to my head and asked me to do either I would just tell them to shoot.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I am petrified of heights - I get a squirty guts feeling even look over the balcony we have at work, just 30 feet or so down to the reception.

me too... i live on the third floor of my building, and i can't look directly down... the laundry room is on the eleventh floor, and when i'm on it's balcony, i get tight in the chest and weak in the knees just looking out on an angle... i can look at nice landscape pictures, but that video just creeped me right-the-f***-out. who in their right mind would climb that thing?
Quote from mrodgers :Ouch, I couldn't even watch the whole video. My stomach was starting to turn just from the camera swinging down and showing the ground..

Same here.

I can't even climb a 4 or 5 step ladder without feeling uncomfortable.
#10 - 5haz
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by TheOnlineEngineer.org" :irked:
damn, that sucks.
#12 - 5haz
Link is broken but If it's what I think it is (from reddit.com) than I can confirm that this video is really hard to watch lol.

Edit: Oi, my bad.

Edit2: Sweet mother of god ... Im scared to look down even from about 5 meters ...
ohmygod!!
At least he gets to clip himself on every now and then.

Still no one beats the free climber Alain Robert in my eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0wmLzS3dt4

(sorry for the low qual footage...i'm sure there's a lot better stuff on youtube, i just couldn't be arsed to look)

Eurghh makes me feel weird.
I thought this kind of stuff only happened in third world countries, HSE is mega hot over everything in the UK.
#19 - senn
lol welcome to the real world, how the hell else do you think jobs like this get done? It still takes people with a higher than normal risk thermometer to do certain jobs. (underground mining, working at heights, high voltage work etc)
Quote from The Moose :At least he gets to clip himself on every now and then.

Still no one beats the free climber Alain Robert in my eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0wmLzS3dt4

(sorry for the low qual footage...i'm sure there's a lot better stuff on youtube, i just couldn't be arsed to look)

This comment tells what I think of it:

Quote :sittin at ur computer on the 60th floor and this guy just comes crawling past. i'd shit myself

Sadly the first video is not aviable due to copyrights.
Quote from The Moose :At least he gets to clip himself on every now and then.

I thought that was him unhooking the bag of tools so he didn't have to support the weight while he rested?
:doh:
Quote from Bob Smith :I thought that was him unhooking the bag of tools so he didn't have to support the weight while he rested?

Hmm, maybe, but there is only one bag of tools and at the end you see both guys clipping themselves on.

I'm sure I heard the narrator say they dont hook on all the time when they are climbing because it takes to much time constantly hooking on and off.

Stairway to heaven...
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG