The online racing simulator
Yeah was a good round, enjoyed the few laps I completed
Round 3 Results
Here are the results of the third round.

For the first time this season, one of the bonuses was achieved. uiop got the Stunt Bonus in Race 2, but this was pretty much insignificant after a whole load of records were broken:

1. 666 Ämpäripää became the first driver to score over 1000 points in each race, eventually ending up with a record total of 5675 points for the round, breaking the highest total for any round so far, and also the first driver to break 5000 points for a round.

2. The final race saw the records for highest race total with AND without deductions smashed, with 2 Jyrsis getting the latter with a crazy 2475 points (mostly from 3 720° Gut Busters, gaining him 400 points each time), 225 points in front of the old record, set by Jyrsis way back at the test round for the first season! 06 Magnanimous got 2325 points, and the former record, after losing 50 points for repeatedly talking, mostly about wanting to race a FZ5 for 10 laps on the track. Both drivers also broke the Crash Points record from the last round, each getting a mad 1725 points.

So that's 6 records broken in one round. Who said that a small number of drivers is bad?

Ämpäripää obviously won the round, 1150 points ahead of 427 Mookster in second, who actually tied with Magnanimous on points (a seventh record broken; prior to this, no two drivers have finished a round on equal points). However, as Mookster had won one of the races, then he gets second ahead of Magnanimous.

The League and Race Standings will be updated shortly, with the online scoreboard also getting updated.

Race 1

Race 2

Race 3

Race 4

Round Standings
Nice, 2nd
Two people have had to drop out of the league due to time constraints.

So, replacing 4 SweetLemonade and 73 BTK in the guaranteed list are 2 Jyrsis and 834 uiop.

By the way, if you've been watching this thread and thinking "How do I get involved? This seems like real fun!", then just click the sign-up link in my signature.

EDIT: 78 Spongey has now had to drop out; replacing him is 191 Zarky.
I'm in

8pm yes?

(And I got my skin done)
Round 4 Post-Discussion
Just one better than last time for our second-highest turnout of 10 from 14 confirmations (with the third successive "one person showed up too late for the round" and 3 I don't know about) which is a turnout of 71.4%. Please try to meet your confirmation if you can; if you can't, then please tell me in advance if you won't be able to show. I also have to apologise about the severe lateness of the Race and Server Info being sent out; I got sidetracked by other things and didn't get it sent off until about 20 minutes before the round.

The round itself was quite okay; the initially-not-suited-to-DD-racing environment once again showing that it is quite suited, although the barriers decided to play their dirty tricks on a lot of drivers; the final race had 2 guys taken out in the first corner! :evil: 834 uiop seemed to be on the warpath for most of the round, being a sneaky driver by braking and then taking the driver out (although I personally frown on that myself ), while newcomer 326 Sam won two races in the round, but did he win those races? You'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out...

Lag was a severe problem tonight; I don't know whether it was the server crapping itself or just bad connections, but if you are able to, then please try and sort it out. Also there were some complaints from drivers because I didn't tell them certain rules. Well, this might sound a bit dickish, but the Race and Server Info PM has the League Rules linked in them, so please read them before the round (again, partly my fault due to the previously mentioned statement above).

The penultimate round, on 9th October, is the last point scoring round, and also the last round that is open to anyone who hasn't raced yet. If you have not raced in the league so far, then you will not be allowed to race in "The Elimination Extravaganza" on 23rd October. Round 5 goes to the Far East for the ironically named "Circular Carnage II: Non-Circular Carmageddon" on the Kyoto Oval. "Why is it called "Non-Circular Carmageddon"?" you may ask, but there is a reason for this. All will be revealed in 2 weeks time...

Hopefully you'll show up for another action-packed round of DD fun. If you think a friend or team mate would want to join in the madness, just tell them to click here and sign up! They won't be disappointed!
I thought this was on next week :hide:
Quote from J@tko :I thought this was on next week :hide:

Could you delete some of your PMs? I've been trying to send you the confirmations for the past 2 rounds but I've been unable to.
Quote from Jon606 :Could you delete some of your PMs? I've been trying to send you the confirmations for the past 2 rounds but I've been unable to.

Oh, that might help Will do
I demonstrated a desire to see how high I could launch my XRT and make it land

I'm kicking myself for speccing in the race I did best in >.<

EDIT: I'm all -.- about people not heeding the 'don't talk when racing' bit
I'm kicking my Home Hub for being a useless piece of plastic BT crap for timing me out in the race I was having the most fun in.
Round 4 Replays
#138 - Uke
I'm reeeeally sorry for not shoving up My mistake.
Round 4 Results
Here are the results of the fourth round.

The second bonus of the season, the stunt bonus, was achieved by 12 Wheeling, and was also the first ever bonus to be achieved on lap 1 of Race 1 in either season of the league, gaining him an extra 500 on top of the 1000 for the bonus itself.

Due to the fact that the Aston environment is probably the second-worst DD setting (Westhill is first for obvious reasons), there really wasn't that much action for crash points... well, until the last race. Wheeling and uiop had an almighty points battle, with the latter coming out on top by just 50 points. Another reason for the small amount of crash points might have been because Ämpäripää forgot to turn up

The three new drivers - 210 CelticFang, 326 Sam and 444 Pikey - performed well despite the former and the latter getting repeatedly wrecked (Pikey was killed 3 times in the round!), with Sam outshining them both, with a great set of performances, including 2 race wins (he won Race 2 overall) only slightly worsened by the fact that he didn't realise that crashing got you points

Wheeling helped himself to the second-ever highest round total of 5550, a staggering 1850 points in front of 834 uiop in second, who was 950 points ahead of 76 Clyde in third.

The League and Race Standings will be updated shortly, with the online scoreboard also getting updated.

Race 1

Race 2

Race 3

Race 4

Round Standings
Is sign ups still able for last 2 rounds?
Jon, can you explain HOW I did so well?

WTF? Second in R1? All I did was fail
I hate that track.
Good job, Wheeling!

5.5k... That's the score I scored over the whole season, if even that.
-
(LineR32) DELETED by LineR32
Round 5 Post-Discussion
A good showing of 12 tonight from 16 confirmations (2 of the 4 who didn't show I don't know about), making a total of a 75% turnout; the second best so far!

As far as I know, the Crash Bonus wasn't achieved, but the double points bonus was used to full effect by many drivers, so good work guys! I have to say though, if we'd had a bigger grid I think it would have been a much more exciting round; there were only a few cars left running during some races, which made the action a little bit poor at times. However, there were some crazy takeouts and insane hits, the best being 666 Ämpäripää's huge fence-climbing shot on 12 Wheeling in Race 3, and 2 very bad pieces of luck for 22 Lertz: first, he was just 2 turns from the finish in Race 2 before 834 uiop took him out and stopped him from taking the race win. Then he got taken out by 606 RIOT SQUAD on the front straight in Race 3! Tonight's only newcomer 144 JHI also had a good set of racing performances, winning Race 2, but did he hit enough to get the overall win for that race? He'll have to wait until the results go up to find out!

Annoyingly, the server problems didn't stop, which led to a few timeouts, and a very strange problem with 427 Mookster in Races 3 and 4; after disconnecting to try and sort out his connection, he returned and somehow appeared invisible to everyone else. A very weird incident indeed.

Well, that's it for the points aspect of the league, and 2 of the 3 titles will be decided in a few days after I get the results sorted. But the big one is still to come; after last year's champ SlideTech has unfortunately not shown in Season 2, we'll have a new LFS Destruction Derby League Champion after The Elimination Extravaganza on the 23rd of October at the Autocross Skidpad, in what will be a DD to the death (not literally though :razz! Will you be able to win? It really depends on who your competition is... :evil:
Oooh, the multiplier! Nice. Just arrived in time and wasn't aware, but gave my best anyway!

It's still in the scoring script Jon, i'll implement it until tomorrow. Just type in the points and it'll triple mine...

Attached is the replay of last years final, for those who don't know what'll happen. That guy SlideTech was just lucky!

edit: attached wrong replay. The proper one is too big to upload here. i'll add a link later.
Round 5 Replays
Quote from General Hybris :Oooh, the multiplier! Nice. Just arrived in time and wasn't aware, but gave my best anyway!

It's still in the scoring script Jon, i'll implement it until tomorrow. Just type in the points and it'll triple mine...

I bet you forgot to come to the rounds on purpose so you could get the multiplier this time around!

Here are the replays from the fifth round:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/z7qecm
Results will most likely not be up until Monday as I won't be home for most of tomorrow. Sorry to keep everyone waiting

Plus, here's last year's final replay:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6G1OZWB9

Also, I have to say that the turnout from this season was highly improved over last year. Compare the two percentages below:

2009: 31 drivers from 72 registrations = 43%
2010: 24 drivers from 39 registrations = 62%

7 fewer drivers overall, but 33 fewer registrations! Well done to all who showed up!
#147 - Uke
What is this multiplier thingy? Does it mean i have no changes of winning the league even tho i missed only one round and am 2nd in the overall standings?
Quote from Uke :What is this multiplier thingy? Does it mean i have no changes of winning the league even tho i missed only one round and am 2nd in the overall standings?

No, it doesn't mean that.

Basically, to give people who have done either none or a few rounds a fairer chance, the number of rounds that person has missed is multiplied to their score from Round 5.

For 0 or 1 missed round(s), the score doesn't change (a x0 would be stupid, and a x1 is just the same score anyway)
For 2 missed rounds, the score is doubled (x2)
For 3 missed rounds, the score is tripled (x3)
For 4 missed rounds, the score is quadrupled (x4)

Unless someone managed to get like 4000 points and missed 3 rounds, I think you'll be safe

Anyway, the REAL league title is decided in 2 weeks on the 23rd. Hopefully you'll be able to make it. I'll send the confirmations out shortly.
I wanna paint a target on Clyde now, lucky git escaped me owning him several times.

I did make a habit of being evil. But when your right rear is collapsed and rotates if you lift.......I stayed flat

I want to know if I get points for airtime

EDIT: I'm in for 2011
it was a bizarre problem indeed, my internet connection really wasn't up to much so I left straight after the start of the big race to save lagging anyone into oblivion. No idea why it chose tonight to go all shit.

Still, the heats I did compete in were fun. Good round.

LFS Destruction Derby Season 2 Thread!
(175 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG