The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I didn't think Italians were into their car racing much, other than F1 that is. But I guarantee you that if this were a Valentino Rossi endorsed bike sim then 99% of the players would be Italian.

More 50%, would be back to 99% if Rossi goes to Ducati
But you aren't wrong on this one, with the slowly decline of rally (wich was huge in Italy) motorsport has lost lot of popularity in the years.
"Mainstream" prefers F1, but i think it's something that it can be applyed worldwide.
And yeah, as you can read Italians suck at english
I live in Italy and motorsport is underrated, I think the problem is all here.

Too much football, not enough beauty motorsport, and if you wanna follow rally and other must pay not free tv channel and stuff like that.

Is not an easy way to get people in love for a sport, imho.
Quote :Spanish people aren't known for their skills at English either, in fact only a few of them are active in the international LFS community, but they still have a huge national community.

Yes, that's the exact 'problem' in Spain, the English level in Spain is very poor. Also LFS it is not so much know but we have 2 bigs comunities.

www.liveforspeed.es for about 80-160 players every morning nigth and other that I don't remember... something like "liga internacional" that has about 80 playres every sunday evening. The two has permanently leagues

I feel a little less participation until the last Patch Z. So I think with a new patch (scirocco+tracks+tyres...) will go again to 160-200 players

The very high huge in our comunity was when Fernando Alonso wons the F1 Championships
The other one is called now CESAV

Some of the "old school" drivers are getting tired, and it's hard to find new people wanting to compete in championships
Re:Italians
strange...but whats a bit wierder is the 0.08% at the end of the age chart for people up to 99?!
Quote from MattsterGT :strange...but whats a bit wierder is the 0.08% at the end of the age chart for people up to 99?!

Hate to bring that news to you but people sometimes lie about their age on the internet.
I'm +9000
I'm Italian,playing lfs since the demo version 0.4 to he S1 but actually i'm a bit bored with the S2...
I'm looking for nK pro but for now it's too far form being a complete simulation;
i've played a lot wit rFactor f1 old era mod ('79 mod 88mod withc has been made also by italians team as it's for 1990 srm mod...)
so here in Italy motorsport it isn't underrated,but for me I'm looking for something that gives me the thrill of a competition,like i've felt with GPL;
i was waiting for Racing Legends also but since it's actually a vapourware I'll wait for rFactor 2 playing now with the race-on and gtr evo..
well not the perfect sim,but far away from the crappy NFS hot pursuit &co. series;for me I'll wait for the S3 and then maybe I'll like again LFS.
PS:don't forget that also a big italian iRacing community is racing all days online with the sim...
Played Demo for few months and S2 since 2005.
Then get bored by too many settings and passed on to Arcadish games.
(but tested R Factor, Race On & company) Actually playing Level R (I know, crap for you...).
Italians not interested in LFS or car simulations in general?
Agree on too much soccer, poor English, too many sunny days
and individual attitude but still you may find them almost everywhere!
Quote from Lucky Roy :too many sunny days

You should see today's weather conditions where I live. The sunnyest day you'll see in your entire life. [/irony]
Quote from freddyalek90 :You should see today's weather conditions where I live. The sunnyest day you'll see in your entire life. [/irony]

You need some rainy days for rice growing (which is different from race LOL) and nothwistanding the Monaco flag (country where I live) sono italiano anch'io!
Quote from Lucky Roy :You need some rainy days for rice growing (which is different from race LOL) and nothwistanding the Monaco flag (country where I live) sono italiano anch'io!

Rain is the best thing to happen at Monaco! On F1 race days that is

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG