The online racing simulator
Ain't LFS attractive enough to Italians?
I've been thinking for a while, why LFS is not so popular amongst Italians? I really want to understand this perspective. As you know; Germany, UK, USA, France, and Italy (in accordance with LFS racers' nationality share) are the mainstream countries those all have automotive industries in international basis and racing histories or/and cultures.

However Italy's share on LFS is too low. Check out LFSW stats in attachment. 1.8% doesn't reflect the real potential of Italy.

Your thoughts please...
Attached images
Country_pie.jpg
check Czech Republic, 1.8% seem low, but in the Forum and online you will meet many czech racers. These are just numbers of the "licensed Racers", if you would look up the early S2 / old S1 times you will find a rather big italian party. Discussing further will just get us to why LFS became so unattractive and this will lead us to another iRacing Thread.

edit: the 10-14yo percentage is low too, but sometimes its about 90% in this forum or on the servers.
Quote from ADX.14 :I've been thinking for a while, why LFS is not so popular amongst Italians?

because LFS cars dont break down half as much as alfa's
Italy has some very worthy teams anyway, such as Playerzone Italia, with very good drivers. Some of them are holding world records too AFAIK, and I'm sure they would do nice on LFS' most prestigious leagues if they had the commitement to take part in.

Quote from baSh0r :
edit: the 10-14yo percentage is low too, but sometimes its about 90% in this forum or on the servers.

Don't mix up actual and mental age eh
Why does it matter that Italy is only 1,8%? There are lower percentages.

Maybe Italians are not attractive enough for LFS?
Strangely there are a huge amount of Italians that race netKar PRO. I bet the percentage of Italian drivers in nKPro is nearer to 15-20% of the community
Quote from The Moose :Strangely there are a huge amount of Italians that race netKar PRO. I bet the percentage of Italian drivers in nKPro is nearer to 15-20% of the community

Just because its based on driving italia.net and the creator is italian
Strange that people find this strange
Guys, thank you all for replies. The number of racers' nationality is not the criteria, but it is an indicator. i.e: The number of Finnish LFS racers approves the Finnish motorsport passion.

LFS Racers Search / Country option gives us the data below..

Finland: 124779

USA: 36789
Germany: 31299
UK: 25260
France: 15383
Italy: 7684

The total numbers might include demo accounts. But, under any circumstance Italy's rank on LFS is not sufficient ATM. Maybe nK Pro case is the only answer.
Quote from baSh0r :Just because its based on driving italia.net and the creator is italian

Not to mention that there's the Fiat 500 and some Italian tracks in the game(although some of them are fictional AFAIK, but still).

Quote from ADX.14 :The total numbers might include demo accounts.

Yes it does include demo accounts. The large amount of Finnish drivers is due to that MTV3 demo based contest whose name's unprononcable.
-
(K0Z3L_43V3R) DELETED by K0Z3L_43V3R
Here you see two reasons why the number is low.

Strange, i never played netKar, and i dont like the 500.
But i must say, LFS it's totally unknow here; while it's understandable that it is not popular to the main stream it seems it is also unknown to the sim lovers. You may find people still playng gpl, rfactor, nascar, etc. but when you ask them: "so do you like LFS?" the answer it's always: "what? Need for speed?"
Lmao, Slovakia is there with 0.5%. So we must be more than 20 now.
Quote from Rubenz81 :Strange, i never played netKar, and i dont like the 500.
But i must say, LFS it's totally unknow here; while it's understandable that it is not popular to the main stream it seems it is also unknown to the sim lovers. You may find people still playng gpl, rfactor, nascar, etc. but when you ask them: "so do you like LFS?" the answer it's always: "what? Need for speed?"

That happens to me all the time.
A: "You have a wheel! So, what games do you play with it?"
Me: "Nowadays I play almost only with Live for Speed..."
A: "You mean NEED for Speed, don't you?"
Me: "..."

Or, worse:
Me: "You won't know it..."
A: "C'mon! I know lots of games!"
Me: "Yes, but I'm almost sure you won't know this..."
A: "Just tell me."
Me: "OK. I play Live for Speed."
A: "See! I know it! I used to play with it!"
Me: "...really?!?"
A: "Yes!"
Me: "Which patch?"
A: "I can't remember, I just know it was the one with the police cars and..."
Me: "Police cars?!?"
A: "Yes, and there was the Lamborghini Countach..."
Me: "NEED for Speed: Hot Pursuit, maybe?"
A: "That's the one!"

I can't stand it.
BTW, I've never played netKar too. I kind of like the 500, but I prefer old Jaguars. And I've got an Opel. See? Not all Italians are like they are pictured
Hi, interesting thread.
I'm the webmaster of the LFS italian community (www.lfsic.net).

And since it's really strange, italians don't love LFS.

In Italy there are a lot of "SIM" Portal but they use other SIM (ops, ARCADE) like RFactor or GTR2 and similar.

There are other guys that love Netkar Pro.

For example some months ago Abarth with NKP organized an online Trophy and there was more then 3000 inscriptions.

About LFS there are only 2 big Italian Team, the Playerzone Team (Malcomax, Fiore, Ulisse) and Race4Fun (MaurizioNaselli).

We hope that in future things will change but i think that it will be really difficult.

Italians love ARCADE, actually.
nice thread, I read it with a lot of interesting. Dunno why italians don't play lfs, probably it need more pubblicity or it's like michele says. With www.lfsic.net some players find easily to the italian community. It's a young community and maybe it will grow. So I hope.
Quote from Whitmore :All nationalities love ARCADE. Mario Karts has sold over 22 million copies world wide.

michael jackson musta had a busy day then...
Quote from freddyalek90 :That happens to me all the time.

Or, worse:

I can't stand it.
BTW, I've never played netKar too. I kind of like the 500, but I prefer old Jaguars. And I've got an Opel. See? Not all Italians are like they are pictured

I seriously hate that!
I don't play LFS anymore but when I hear people saying they're playing games on wheels I ask them what game.

"What games do you play?"
"I play xxx and xxxx"
"Alright, ever tried Live For Speed?"
"Yeah, sucked pretty much. So un-realistic"
"... You're talking about Need for Speed don't you?"
"Yeah"
"Jesus christ ...... "
#20 - Zay
Quote from freddyalek90 :That happens to me all the time.

Or, worse:

I can't stand it.

Lol, same thing happens over here all the time, although there are a few LFS drivers over here, but for the most part its totally unkknown. I hate that too, constantly having to explain that LIVE for speed is different from NEED for speed.
We don't need for speed because we live for speed
Might not (assuming it isn't) the case with most italians. But pretty much every italian i met when i was in the air force did not speak english at all or very poorly.

I did manage to understand a lot about what weapons italians use though, but very few of them seemed to understand english. Probably not the case with most italians though as i know several that speak english perfectly fine
Quote from flexd :Might not (assuming it isn't) the case with most italians. But pretty much every italian i met when i was in the air force did not speak english at all or very poorly.

I did manage to understand a lot about what weapons italians use though, but very few of them seemed to understand english. Probably not the case with most italians though as i know several that speak english perfectly fine

This wouldn't explain why Italy has no strong national community though.

Spanish people aren't known for their skills at English either, in fact only a few of them are active in the international LFS community, but they still have a huge national community.
its because they are out karting in their italian tony karts and crg's, no time for lfs
I didn't think Italians were into their car racing much, other than F1 that is. But I guarantee you that if this were a Valentino Rossi endorsed bike sim then 99% of the players would be Italian.

Ain't LFS attractive enough to Italians?
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG