The online racing simulator
Ferrari Academy 2010
(94 posts, started )
Ferrari Academy 2010
Looks nkpro-ish to me too, but I could be wrong. Had a look at their website anyway(http://www.ferrarivirtualacademy.com). They present the whole thing as Ferrari's actual simulator used by the drivers.

Quote :
The Ferrari simulator used by the drivers for their training sessions, is an incredibly complex system, efficiently reproducing the Ferrari F10's dynamic behaviour to make it realistic even while using a normal PC: this was one of the programmers' main challenges. Based on an analysis of the car's official data, its aerodynamic behaviour, the tyres' characteristics, the bodywork-suspension system and all of the transmission elements have been reproduced. The Ferrari Virtual Academy is mainly dedicated to a complex modelling of the differential. The single-seater's dynamic modelling was followed by comparing the telemetric data of the real F10 with the virtual one, using the circuits' telemetry reproduced by Laserscan, enabling interventions regarding the set up, and the simulator's mathematical model to optimise every single component's functionality.

The drivers had the last word: they were directly involved in the production process. In different stages the Scuderia Ferrari and Driver Academy drivers used the simulator to test the car's performance, handling and dynamic behaviour, but also the tyres, with particular attention to the car's sensitivity to set up regulations.

The outcome, result of many months of hard work, is the most accurate virtual reproduction of a Ferrari F1 single-seater, available for the fans to be admired on a computer with 3D video card.

Will keep an eye on this.

Just realised that the release will be made the day after Ferrari goes to the world consil btw:o
#3 - AMB
just curious, how accurately tracks are laser scanned? iracing are in milimetre region, but in video here framework of the track are triangles about half metre large. Or that was just simplification for video?

but generally- CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

and, yes, voice on intro is like from some blockbuster action crap. that's the only thing i found bad about the whole game)))
I know Netkar very well.
That videos are done using the "reply-mode".
The reply mode of NETKAR is really bad (where is the problem ? we have to drive a SIM, not to see a reply, right ?) so in video u can see a lot of strange things, for example strange behavior of the car and similar.
And graphic is sometime bad, too.

Look here thi smy video, first during drive onboard then viewving reply after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WwkFpnuzCw
I'll give this a close look and give it a shot when it is released.Being made by Cunos(stefano) i bet it will be extremely realistic...But Nurburing with a F10 ?

Can't wait!
Does it includes features like "let me pass" command if driving as Alonso ?
Ahaha
This looks unbelievable! Any idea when it will be made public?
Quote from aobrien :This looks unbelievable! Any idea when it will be made public?

On September 9th according to their website.
Is it free?

1 car and 3 tracks isn't really buy worthy to me.
At the momento official news are that it will cost 15 € with only Fiorano Track.
The SIM it seems that it works ONLY until the Trophy will not finished.
"THREEE CIRCUITS, ONE CAARR, THE GREATEST CHALLENGEE!"

w00t?
Looks awesome, was incredibly jealous of the youtube clips of Moose driving an F1 car on netkar pro over a year back but now I should be able to have a play!!!
Quote from Eddster :Looks awesome, was incredibly jealous of the youtube clips of Moose driving an F1 car on netkar pro over a year back but now I should be able to have a play!!!

Are you sure that wasn't the free Singtel simulator? You can copy the normal nK Pro tracks into it.
Exactly !

But we talk with Kunos, F10 will be realistic a lot not like Singtel ...
Quote from Whitmore :All laser scanning is not the same. iRacing have shot themselves in the foot a bit - they've "sold" laser scanning to sim racers and now others using low density cloud point scanning can also sell their tracks as "laser scanned". There was a recent article about F1 team simulators which said they used laser scanned tracks but telemetry for track surface detail.

The other issue is whether you actually drive on the track polygons or whether the track surface used by the physics is stored in another format.

so actually, if understood correctly, track can be displayed ingame modelled by low density cloud point (or like triangle polygons in trailer), but physics that you feel in car is actually milimeter precise that is stored in another format?
if thats the case, then thats it, you wont be able to see difrence from cockpit, for sure
So we pay 15 euros and then Ferrari feels they have the right to decide how long we can play it?
No, it seems SIM work offline the same forever.
Today it will be out ... after official presentation in Monza Circuit.
ah, not yet, huh....

counting seconds until download here.... it wont be on steam, won't it?

not that i have nothing better to do, im at work till tomorrow actually, but neverteless damn thing cant go out of my head
Ehehe
We think it will be downloadble after the press conference (12.00 o'clock GTM+2).
Quote from michele0676 :Ehehe
We think it will be downloadble after the press conference (12.00 o'clock GTM+2).

silly me, at firs i thought it will be available at 00:00 on 9.9,
Released but servers are down.

Update: The demand has taken down the official website almost instantly. Seems like a little more patience is required..

Ferrari Academy 2010
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG