The online racing simulator
Mafia II
(231 posts, started )
Quote from Uke :I think it's much more fun to drive in GTA IV, than in the demo.

Quote from Uke :Well I have tried it in Sim Mode, yes you can drift but the car still feels very odd and the damage isn't so great either. The best arcade game driving physics IMO is in GTA IV.

Quote from Uke :Yes, even with sim mode on the mafia cars just hard to drive, not realistic. Also not fun to drive, in GTA IV however it's fun to drive cars

Quote from Uke :Well. IMO The cars in Mafia II still do not behave realistically, and are not fun to drive.

The more important point is that the cars are not fun to drive.

><
Quote from Uke :
And I wasn't trolling

O Rly?

Especially considering the part that physics are actually quite good for an arcade game.
#52 - Dmt
Someone could upload savegame from 14 chapter please? I effed up my mafia..
Doh, I've just seen a test and it pretty much reveals that there is not much to do besides the missions, which wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for races - there will be no god damn race!
i'm sure there will be a SA:MP type mod available soon enough.
Half way through the story. Its amazing so far IMO. Ups and downs, wins and spills. Emotional moments. It has all.

Do have to say though, a little bit too much driving in some cases. Gets pretty boring when after each mission you have to drive home to proceed.

Anyway, small price to pay so far. Hope the second half of the story wont disappoint!
#57 - Dmt
Quote from DevilDare :Half way through the story. Its amazing so far IMO. Ups and downs, wins and spills. Emotional moments. It has all.

Do have to say though, a little bit too much driving in some cases. Gets pretty boring when after each mission you have to drive home to proceed.

Anyway, small price to pay so far. Hope the second half of the story wont disappoint!

you lucker.. i cba to do it again coz of damn effed up save game. Yeah, driving is annoying.
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321
It's getting released on Saturday in Continental Europe, or did I miss something?
Quote from Stefani24 :It's getting released on Saturday in Continental Europe, or did I miss something?

Bose is using a pirated copy, and it's out in North America today.
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321
It's getting released on Friday in Europe, 27th... Australasia get it tomorrow gits
It's also available to play on Steam, look on steam forums if you want to know how
No freeride/free roam after you complete the story...

Bollocks. Very, very stupid from 2K.

I've been waiting 8 years for 10h of gameplay....

And no, restarting the mission and free roaming that way is no good and is not an excuse.
Quote from DevilDare :No freeride/free roam after you complete the story...

Bollocks. Very, very stupid from 2K.

I've been waiting 8 years for 10h of gameplay....

And no, restarting the mission and free roaming that way is no good and is not an excuse.

Agreed. And damn 2K, I hate you for ending it like that
Yeah, atleast the story was good. Quite emotional and sad ending.

Spoiler - click to reveal
IMO to add more depth to the ending they should have added a gun shot when it started zooming out from the park where they took Joe. Or maybe they didnt kill him?

Roll on Mafia 3 I guess.
Hopefully if 2k gets enough demand, they'll patch in a "free roam" mode.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Hopefully if 2k gets enough demand, they'll patch in a "free roam" mode.

10 bucks it will be a DLC...
Well, that's suddenly made me not want to buy it.

Lack of Multiplayer or Free Roam is no good.
FOR SALE - Mafia 2 preorder Brand new/Sealed £20

I accidently bought it on ebay thinking i'd get outbid. doh!
never thought that this will happen :
Spoiler - click to reveal in chapter 14 we kill that Angelo guy, main character from first Mafia game
I should stop following this thread, stupid natural curiosity omg.
I was just having a read of the 2K Forums for Mafia 2. Everyone is in an absolute uproar about the game. Multiple people have canceled there pre-orders after hearing how short the Story is (1 Guy completed it in Hard Mode in 8 hours. 8!!) and the lack of Free-Roam etc. Now lot's of people are complaining of the PS3 version suffering from having a bad port.

Apparently, the PS3 version (compared to the 360 and PC versions) has no Grass, No Motion-Blur, No Blood, Clothes have no Physics and many other things.

There's some really unhappy bunnies over there. I hope this doesn't affect 2K's business in any way.
Uhm. Well, you cant really complain about not knowing how long the story will be. They have said it is around 10h of gameplay...

I agree about everything else though. Disappointment.
Quote from DevilDare :Uhm. Well, you cant really complain about not knowing how long the story will be. They have said it is around 10h of gameplay...

I wasn't aware that they already said that before it's release, but no matter which way you look at it, 10 hours is way to short for a story line. I'm sure that Mafia 2's story is fantastic, but I think it is too short personally.

Personally, I feel quite disappointed about what I have heard so far. I'm sure I will enjoy Mafia 2 when I get round to playing it, but unless they patch in a Free-Roam or Multiplayer mode, I will not be buying it. I shall just rent it out for a while, complete it then forget about it.
right I was gonna buy this aswell. Hawx 2 it is then.

Mafia II
(231 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG