The online racing simulator
Meteor shower!! Omg!!
(42 posts, started )
bleh, cant get out of the '' light poluted '' zone, wont see the meteors...
Never saw any
It could be seen from all of the world? Was nothing in Norway were I live at least
I saw a couple of them accidently. Should be some of them tonight too!
Quote from KiRmelius :I saw a couple of them accidently.

How can you "accidently" see the meteor showers?
Saw loads. Sat on my lawn around midnight and just watched... very relaxing. I'd have fallen asleep but for nagging doubts about the proximity of earwigs.
I was sitting on my garden and counted like 10 meteors and 25 airplanes in one hour, the second part was really annoying. When i ran out of beer, i left.:hidesbehi
Some of the meteors were really big, giving lots of light. I just wish it was coming more often, than one in 10 minutes.
Quote from speed1230 :How can you "accidently" see the meteor showers?

I meant some meteors, not some showers. I didn't know anything about that shower, i was going home in late evening and saw one of them. Then i saw another, through the window

please, don't post something like this again. I will start posting something again, and typing is so boring...

f--k this world, i want beer.
am i in the right thread?

we were supposed to see some sort of solar flare last week, but due to clouds and light pollution, i didn't see them.
Quote from DevilDare :Looked really good, even though I only caught like 2 secs of it

Quote from DevilDare :Well this sucks...

Only saw 1, and even it was for like a second...

Shooting stars are only visible for a split second as they burn up in the atmosphere. If you thought you saw one for 'only' 2 seconds then it's more likely to be an aeroplane!

Edit: I saw loads on holiday in the highlands of Scotland. There's no light pollution at all where I go, so the visible stars are so densely populating the sky that it's almost like a bright cloud filling the sky. There are masses of them. I counted 21 easily within an hour, in between occasional periods of cloud cover. It looks like this -

I missed the aurora (northern lights) sadly due to some poor weather while I was up there, which is a great shame. Usually would look like this for those that haven't seen it before -
Quote from Gills4life :

I missed the aurora (northern lights) sadly due to some poor weather while I was up there, which is a great shame. Usually would look like this for those that haven't seen it before -

Yea and you will struggle to see the Aurora Borealis or come to think of it, anything geologically interesting in Kent.
One thing I want to do before I die is go and see the Aurora Borealis somewhere north.
Quote from Gills4life :

I saw loads on holiday in the highlands of Scotland.

I missed the aurora (northern lights) sadly due to some poor weather while I was up there

Quote from BlueFlame :Yea and you will struggle to see the Aurora Borealis or come to think of it, anything geologically interesting in Kent.

True it is a struggle, I said I was holidaying in the Highlands though, quite a ways from Kent. You do see some interesting things occasionally in Kent! I've seen shooting stars and lunar eclipses. Kent is crap though
Quote from Gills4life :True it is a struggle, I said I was holidaying in the Highlands though, quite a ways from Kent. You do see some interesting things occasionally in Kent! I've seen shooting stars and lunar eclipses. Kent is crap though

I did read your post :P I was just clutching at joke opportunity straws.
Quote from Gills4life :Shooting stars are only visible for a split second as they burn up in the atmosphere. If you thought you saw one for 'only' 2 seconds then it's more likely to be an aeroplane!

A second is nothing.

Pretty sure it wasnt an aeroplane.

It could of been in 2009.
Quote from DevilDare :Epic bumpage!

Perseid Meteor shower tonight! Saw only 1 though.

Off to sight more.

You know you bumped it EXACTLY 1 year
13th August 2009 - 13th August 2010

But yeh, I've never saw any for real, but would be pretty cool
Quote from DavidTiger :You know you bumped it EXACTLY 1 year
13th August 2009 - 13th August 2010

But yeh, I've never saw any for real, but would be pretty cool

Yep. Hence the "epic".

Meteor shower!! Omg!!
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG