The online racing simulator
Demon's Souls - PS3
(48 posts, started )
Got it today. Played five hours straight, and haven't even beaten the first world yet. Gotta get used to being careful, i've died so many times...

I love the atmosphere, the graphics, the fighting, etc. What really makes this game great however, is knowing that you only have one chance, one life... if you die... try again from the beginning! I love it so far!
Good one matey!!!!, I am on the second "level" now (1-2) and I am taking it SSSLLLOOOWWW because now, if I die, the enemies get tougher, and I don't really want that!!!!
I'm addicted to this game already, it's bad...

I'm about to fight the boss of world 2-1 next. Wish me luck...

Danowat, i've read it's recommended to go from 1-1 to 2-1, then back to 1-2. Might be easier.
Blimey, you are steaming ahead!!!!.

I'll check out 2-1, 1-2 is pretty tough.
I found the area of the "archstone of the shadowmen" is pretty good for soul grinding (i do this whenever i feel the enemies are too strong). If you enter this area, the first five enemies are skelleton warriors... If you're strong enough to fight them, you can kill all five, then travel back to nexus and repeat. Each kill will earn you 200-300 souls.
Nice
I'm loving this game!

Killed quite a few bosses and reached soul level 75 so far. Some bosses are far too easy, some can be quite nasty... most of them are a walk in the park tho... which is a little disappointing. I usually die from random enemy attacks, never in boss fights.

One tip i have for other players: Don't use the demon stones you get from bosses to trade them in for souls. You will need them to buy spells and to upgrade weapons (both very important the further you get in the game).

I've found it's not bad at all if you die a lot. The worlds tendency gets black, and the enemies are slightly harder to kill, but if you could kill them before, it's still easy when they get stronger. As soon as you kill a boss, the worlds tendency shifts back to pure white, so no big deal really.

What is far worse, is if you get killed by black phantoms (human invaders). God, i bloody hate it! I've been invaded and killed three times already... next time someone invades me i'll pull the network cable...

Thing is, if you get killed by a black phantom, it will make your characters soul level become black (not the same as the world tendency). If this happens, you cannot use certain weapons anymore (well, you can, but they will be weak). There's weapons like the "white bow" for example... a really powerful bow, but only if your soul tendency is pure white.

Of course, my soul tendency is black, since i got killed three times by an invader. The only way to get it back to white is killing human invaders... which i can't do (i suck, and they always come prepared (stats, equipment and magic perfectly set up to win a PvP battle)). Did i mention already how much i hate the invading system? :fence:

Otherwise, the game is bloody brilliant!
Bump!

So who's still playing this? Dano, still enjoying the game?

I've beaten the game with my second character (started again after doing some mistakes with the first character). I was at soul level 120 when beating the final boss.

Right now i've almost beaten the game again (new game+), and i'm already thinking about the next playthrough (NG++).

Probably the best game i've played in ten years, or maybe even the best game i've EVER played.
I haven't really played it much, but I mean to get back to it very soon.

But yeah, one of the best games I've played I reckon.
Quote from jibber :
Probably the best game i've played in ten years, or maybe even the best game i've EVER played.

Quote from danowat :

But yeah, one of the best games I've played I reckon.

How is that possible, the PS3 haZ no gameSz!!
Unlike some, we aren't blinkered fanboyz
@Boris

I don't care about the platform, really. A good game is a good game, it's that simple. Demon's Souls is such a good game, i'd buy a PS3 just for this title... but not because there's a sony logo on the console.

PS: Why don't you give it a try? You are so in love with your PS3, yet you haven't even tried the best game you can buy for that console atm.
Quote from jibber :
PS: Why don't you give it a try? You are so in love with your PS3,

Omg How did you came to this conclusion From GT5 thread? If you saw me on this other forum, you would think i'm a Forza fan And i'm only mocking you two cause there were comments like "my PS3 is collecting dust" etc... when there are some genuinely fantastic games..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Omg How did you came to this conclusion From GT5 thread? If you saw me on this other forum, you would think i'm a Forza fan And i'm only mocking you two cause there were comments like "my PS3 is collecting dusts" etc... when there are some genuinely fantastic games..

Have you ever looked into a mirror?

I know you're just mocking around for fun. But if i wouldn't know any better, i would pretty much call you a PS3 poster boy.

And i've never said one console is superior when saying the PS3 is collecting dust. I was simply telling the truth, since in my case, it really is collecting dust most of the time (with exceptions for supercar challenge and demon's souls lately). I own a PS3 and an xbox360 since about two years maybe. If i could bring up a statistic that shows the usage of both consoles over this period of time, i guess it would be about 5% PS3 and 95% xbox360. It's just how it is for me, without even saying either one would be a bad console (i like them both for what they are).

And now go and get yourself a copy of the game, and contribute something to the discussion! :smash3d:
Quote from jibber :
And now go and get yourself a copy of the game, and contribute something to the discussion! :smash3d:

Sadly i would be totally lost, cause as i said, i havent' played RPG in my life
And besides i'm spending quite a few bucks in the upcoming months, there's Heavy Rain, Bad Company 2, GOW3, Mafia 2, Red Dead..
Quote from Boris Lozac :And i'm only mocking you two cause there were comments like "my PS3 is collecting dust" etc... when there are some genuinely fantastic games..

And it was collecting dust, for years, untill Demons Soul's, I've said it in many places, Demons Soul's is worth buying a PS3 for.

Which is crazy when you think its never had a European launch.
There's a Valentines day special in Demon's Souls at the moment. If you log on, all world tendencies will switch to pure white. Until next Tuesday.

This is a good chance to obtain some items in the game, like the Dragon Bone Smasher at the 2-3 boss level, etc.

I've completed my 2nd playthrough today and already started the 3rd one.
I got this last weekend and have to say I'm loving it. It's the kind of game that reminds me why I love gaming in the first place.

The genius part of the difficulty is that it rarely feels like the game is being unfair (although I did think that about the guards on the first prison level for a bit). It always feels like you've died because you did something wrong. It's frustratingly brilliant.

Had my first PvP invasion as well, in the middle of an area I'd never been before, which scared the crap out of me. He ran up to me so I started slashing away at him, expecting my untimely expiry. He ran off and must have fallen to his death because the next thing I knew it told me I'd been victorious
Quote from Dajmin :I got this last weekend and have to say I'm loving it. It's the kind of game that reminds me why I love gaming in the first place.

The genius part of the difficulty is that it rarely feels like the game is being unfair (although I did think that about the guards on the first prison level for a bit). It always feels like you've died because you did something wrong. It's frustratingly brilliant.

Had my first PvP invasion as well, in the middle of an area I'd never been before, which scared the crap out of me. He ran up to me so I started slashing away at him, expecting my untimely expiry. He ran off and must have fallen to his death because the next thing I knew it told me I'd been victorious

Glad you're enjoying it. I think i need to play this some more...

Btw, the guards can indeed be a bit unfair in that prison level, your best bet is to wait for them behind pillars, then when they come around the corner, hack and slay!
Quote from jibber :Glad you're enjoying it. I think i need to play this some more...

+1
The depressing part is, i've accidently deleted my save file... i'll have to start all over again...
Quote from jibber :Btw, the guards can indeed be a bit unfair in that prison level, your best bet is to wait for them behind pillars, then when they come around the corner, hack and slay!

I used a slightly less brave version. Since I chose Royalty for my first playthrough I worked out that they seem to get confused about which spell to use against you when you're middle-distance away. So a backwards roll put you out of their point-blank stun but not far enough that they use the spear. So I just chain Soul Arrow until they drop. Takes 4 shots. No trouble.

But I also fell to my death a couple of times, and that's nobody's fault but mine. And amazingly embarrassing Thankfully I'm past that level now, although I might need to go back to finish the rescue task for Mr Shouty, the "help me" guy.

Demon's Souls - PS3
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG