The online racing simulator
Quote from JasonJ :fixed
^^_

meh . only saying i mean you dont have to be a total brainiac to realise that there has been no updates for 2 years nearly . ye sooner or later we will get one , Everyone will complain , and boom back to this again with people moanin about no updates .
Uh sorry then You said something completely different in the other post. Something about Scavier giving up.
#53 - LJF
More people does not mean a better game.

I'd argue the opposite actually, the more people you have the more idiots you have, and the players are ultimately the ones who shape the game.

I'd love improved graphics but there's other things I think are needed more (in order):

* Improved damage physics
* Improved sound, especially ambient and collision sounds
* More cars
* More tracks

After that I think comes graphics, they really aren't all that bad.
Quote from LJF :More people does not mean a better game.

I'd argue the opposite actually, the more people you have the more idiots you have, and the players are ultimately the ones who shape the game.

I'd love improved graphics but there's other things I think are needed more (in order):

* Improved damage physics
* Improved sound, especially ambient and collision sounds
* More cars
* More tracks

After that I think comes graphics, they really aren't all that bad.

Agree on all except after track comes graphics... Better AI for me then graphics.
Quote from JasonJ :Uh sorry then You said something completely different in the other post. Something about Scavier giving up.

yea i didnt explain it too well
Quote from (The Stig) :This LFS kinda thing is starting to come to a end it's only problem is it's USERS there not being as patent as they should be these things take a longtime (and yes I know they have over-run once) but let them take there time.

My personal opinion is that LFS is just taking along for the ride and just not doing anything.

Go away pleaseeeeeeee, LFS is fine, servers like [LTC] are plenty busy for a game anytime of the day whatever day (thats if you like cruising). I'm sure theres plenty of racing servers as well for nice people

My personal opinion is people like you (The Stig) are scaring everyone away! Everyone I join a server and see someone with stig in their name i check the lfs id to make sure its not you!.
i have 1 point and 1 only..

if you think LFS is dying, go join a cruise server, or get in to GTR racing, thats where its all at. Leagues are still active, and always full in the GTR side of LFS and thats why it never fails to fill a grid in leagues such as, MoE (Masters of Endurance), IGTC (Internation GT Championship) and last but not least.. GTAL (Grand touring Amatures League - for new teams in the GTR racing side of things). These are all teamed events, so set up a team, get your name out there and make yourself known to us

Good luck on finding activity etc, its not gonna rise as much as people think when S3 come out. its only dedicated players that play the game now.. thats why the community is so great!

Regards.. Sean.
wow sean read my mind!
on another note...Cruiser servers on LFS are popular because of the INSIMS no one in there right mind would make a game/sim called live to cruise...
Who wouldn't? No point of just taking a relaxing cruise in TDU then.
Quote from hp999 :Who wouldn't? No point of just taking a relaxing cruise in TDU then.

Well, how about just GTR racing? :P
I'm really surprised this hasn't been locked.
Quote from xtraction :Well, how about just GTR racing? :P

True dat, RTR is basically built on that idea.

But, if it's really needed to avoid cruise servers any all costs, what was the point of writing InSim's in the first place then?
believe i reported it just because its the dumbest post that needs to be completely rebuilt
(just a general post)

aw... instead of whinning we should make our ow simulator as Scawen said. I begun already 30 seconds ago, but im afraid that i will have max 10 minutes per day to work on it becouse I have other projects to finish

http://code.google.com/p/real-racer/

edit:don´t take it seriously
Quote from MadCatX :
Bottomline is that good graphics attracts attention, but it's the other stuff(physics, online community, game system etc.) what makes players love the game. If you want an example, take World of Warcraft. It's technology is even more outdated than LFS in some respects and it still has millions of players.

I hate World of DumbCraft - but that last line is 100% Agreeable....

I am playing a MMO that has been around since 2002 though ...
lifelong games, sims - thats what we need.

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :
Developers will not hire new developers, they would have done that already.

.. backed up by the reasoning that Scavier have every intention to keeping LFS pure - adding additional devs could mean changing the way the sim functions - we certainly wouldn't want some EA dev to come along - the kind that codes NFS....

Quote from Tomba(FIN) : There are people who would work for them free.

I am one of those people - thats why I take part in the project mentioned in my signature - It's fun to be part of a game development project ( especially when u get in one early).

I make no money from it - whatsoever - its just --- for me --- as much fun creating content for a game - testing it - and posting issues on engine bugs - stuffs - physics notes etc to our 'developer' (without that 's') guy....

... its just so much more fun than 'just playing' a game. Because at the end of the day - Ur playing something that makes you feel good - even if it is still primitive - and even if u have no benefit other than self satisfaction.

Try it - it's great. Been basically me and 4-5 other active team mates for almost a couple years now - and dev is CRAP slow since our 3d engine is scratch built..... but its still fun...

Every time I load one of my models into the RCX engine to test - i think ' In 2 years this is going to be facking awesome - in 5 years I will look back and see how much I have learned from being part of a game development team. Maybe ill even be a part of a bigger project by then...'

On the other hand - your community get's impatient - then they pretty much force you to shut up and work behind the scenes - because no matter what you say - an idiot will always open his mouth - this much can even be learned from working on FPS mods and such as well - if you end up in a big one....

Quote from e2mustang : we already have shine,go and download lynces pack,done.

The perfect solution - that pack rocks =)

Quote from JPeace :I'd love to see you make a better simulator than LFS...

I would love to see anyone who has shown the same dedication and passion coders like Scawen have - in the sim racing industry.

Quote from xtraction :
Good luck on finding activity etc, its not gonna rise as much as people think when S3 come out.

Usually --- that type of thing would usually spark a form of curiosity.

I'm as curious as a kitten --- if LFS does 'anything whatsoever' ---

There are things in the BF1 im still curious about so constantly - I have been putting in 50 - 100 OFFLINE laps a week -

- because studying telemetry and physics in LFS - will benefit the notes I email to Slinger (at RCX )

... come to think about it ---

-- I have learned a great deal from this sim - even if I hardly race online anymore - Im still there - offline testing - or eyeballing the forums weekly...

I remember when I was a noob ( on Fragmaster's servers ) .... I gave them hell... I think Failure probably even hated me ...

But - I have learned from Failure as well - in fact - I learned a GREAT DEAL from him, and Plaztik ...

FM - SCAVIER , ... certain other smurfs around here ( Bob Smith , I want to know everything u know... ) ... they are actually pretty good teachers..... they just dont realize it

BTW - have I drifted off topic, I may have gotten carried away.....
I admit that I'm trying not to, but iRacing is really almost taking me away from LFS... the lack of updates and apparent abandon from the devs is what bothers me the most.
Quote from Dudles :...the lack of updates and apparent abandon from the devs is what bothers me the most.

They've not abandoned just yet...

Quote from Scawen :
I think the tyre physics have come along a lot recently. There were some significant changes over quite a long time this year and when I found the handling was quite interesting and certain old issues were sorted, I started to look into the tyre heating, trying to get a version ready again for the testers. That meant sorting out the AI drivers, who only knew the old physics system. If they could drive well in the new tyre physics, they could drive consistent laps and so inform me if the tyre heating was working well.

The AI ended up being about three weeks of work, and I found it personally quite an interesting development time - which is good because that's what I'm here for! Anyway their grip prediction systems are a lot better and they can now drive quite close to the limit, the best and most reliable AI drivers yet seen in LFS. At some point I'd really like to work on their overtaking code, though that is not a high priority for this physics update patch.

So the AI could be crossed off that published list of big things to be done, and I feel the tyres are getting close. I've been testing them out with Eric and Victor for the last two weeks. They have been coming up with interesting comments and leading me to further investigations and improvements. I'm trying to get the version ready for our private beta testers to have a go. Also looking at notes I have here, specific comments from our testers, the last time they did some testing. I try to deal with each point then cross it off the list. No point giving them back a version that still has issues they mentioned before.

From experience I have learned that it's not worth giving the beta testers a version that I still know is flawed. While there is still plenty for me to work on full time, and Eric and Victor are pleased with what they see but are still able to demonstrate situations where they think the handling is not quite like reality, the best thing to do is just carry on. For how long, I don't know. Not everything goes as expected. Some things I try make strangely little or surprisingly large differences and sometimes they open up a new area of investigation. Personally I am surprised overall how much there has been to learn and understand about the behaviour of tyres.

Today I thought I'd just have a look at this thread, but there are too many new pages for me to read in detail. Anyway, you may be assured we have not stopped development. I guess if we stopped development then we'd make a post about it. ... Unlikely, and there's really nothing better I can do than work on this simulator. I just don't want to write about every step on the development path, so that's why there is a long time between progress reports.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1454911#post1454911
I want Bugatti Veyron...
ok finely people started to understand that
ok finely people started to understand that am not some jurk. i love LFS
and i want it to be better.
i do not think that i can make better simulator than LFS is right know.

we do not have any right to contact the developers and asked them what are they up to at this moment.
it would been better that they were just giving us updates we finished this process and right know we switched our attention on this problem.

I only wish that the LFS was more open than they are right know to their loyal users and racers .
Quote from mikheil :
it would been better that they were just giving us updates we finished this process and right know we switched our attention on this problem.

They do.
where?
there are no update at LFS.net
Quote from mikheil :where?
there are no update at LFS.net

What about clicking the link?

You wanted updates, you got updates. Now you don't like where those updates are posted. Wow.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG