The online racing simulator
Id's Rage on iPhone
(7 posts, started )
Id's Rage on iPhone
Impressive. I wonder if the shadows (most of the ones) that are one the walls are in the texture or actually rendered? Damn, doensnt even matter. Some game developers cant even get far on the PC graphics. Lol Tilt
Is it just me or does Rage look like a cheap Borderlands clone?!
I'm in... Before the lock. Big grin

And graphics really look good there...

I think that Borderlands are a bit more cartoonish, and this one is a bit more realistic.
carmack dropped linux support for all future id titles, don't care. Shrug
Quote from bunder9999 :carmack dropped linux support for all future id titles, don't care. Shrug

Well.. all 3 sweaty nerds using Linux to game are up in arms.

Meh, Gaming in Linux is a dead end anyways. Nobody cares becuase it's just not easy to develop for, or to even play games on Linux.
Much better video here.. (you can see it's really running at a great frame rate and the textures are much clearer)

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30824

Quote from matijapkc :I'm in... Before the lock.

Did I start a controversial thread? Or are you waiting for an inflammatory rant on the superiority of LFS's aero modelling over Doom's arcadey bullet physics? ShrugTilt

Quote :Impressive. I wonder if the shadows (most of the ones) that are one the walls are in the texture or actually rendered? Damn, doensnt even matter. Some game developers cant even get far on the PC graphics. Lol

It looks like everything is pretty much baked into the game (edit: character shadowing looks calculated though). Still, it looks good. And it's running on a phone...

Id's Rage on iPhone
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG