The online racing simulator
penalty size message
(11 posts, started )
penalty size message
It feels a bit useless to post this again because the forum already suggested topics from 2008 and 2005 (!!)

But..

Well, I was asked to do it

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=48400
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1663

screenshots says it all.. Those messages.. Including yellow or blue flag, blocks the view on the track when using certain camera positions.

Also note the missing mirror in one of the possible views. :/
Attached images
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
They might block the view sometimes, but where else do you have them in mind?
in the cockpit view they are generally fine...but thats all i use...they have to pop out so you know they are there and they dont get lost in your mind
how bout you could adjust the size and position?
I get the philosophy behind it but make the position at least self-customizable?

edit: too late
Or put them to animated marshals at the side of the track and add speech output to inform the driver.

:rolleyes:
Or how about this? SG could be replaced with DT, 30 or 45 and the flag could be blue or yellow.

Plus, when you get a penalty, a message can appear in the centre like now, but for e.g. 5 seconds and the things on the left will remain.
Attached images
new_flags.jpg
I would make it the way it is now when leaving the pits, then fade out, decrease the size and bugger off to the edge of the screen where it stays until the driver is about 6 to 8 nodes away from the pit entry. At that point it pops up again to remind the driver of the penalty, if it's a DT or SG that is.

Flame's idea of having a symbol might actually be better, but wouldn't fit the rest of the HUD very well.
+1 for the penalties messages. Some leagues do not oblige you to serve them immediately so you may end up driving dozens of laps with that in the middle of the screen in some situations... Quite annoying IMO.

Don't know with the flags messages anyway, they are made to stay for a few corners at max.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :+1 for the penalties messages. Some leagues do not oblige you to serve them immediately so you may end up driving dozens of laps with that in the middle of the screen in some situations... Quite annoying IMO.

With that in mind my suggestion might be even more annoying, so it probably should only pop up if it's the last chance to serve, i.e. second to last lap.
I guess I'm not the only one who races with follow view sometimes, it is annoying indeed.

Quote from Flame CZE :Or how about this? SG could be replaced with DT, 30 or 45 and the flag could be blue or yellow.

Plus, when you get a penalty, a message can appear in the centre like now, but for e.g. 5 seconds and the things on the left will remain.

I reckon penalties should be shown in the same way?

penalty size message
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG