The online racing simulator
xmotorracing
(42 posts, started )
Yes it's in a very very early stage as physics go.Yet it still a nice game to try as it show a lot of promice if the dev sticks to it and maybe get some help on it...I remember our LYNCE was working with the guy that makes it but for some reason they broke.
All the physics parameters are there and you can check the graphs and telemetry for them (Great tool) yet they don't behave exactly as they should behave..As the lest poster said it simply feels like pre-s1/s1 days...

Tracks are to be quite frank abysmal as there isn't enough elevation change detail...The terain simply feels very flat...Imagine the sides road to be completely flat...Also there isn't any grass and the scenery is very empty with very few trackside objects/buildings and trees...

The render engine is quite good through as it supports fully dx9 shaders with Hdr lighting.The car models are good and there is for the moment visual damage with deformable body panels..The interior cockpit is greatly detailed yet there iare no physics based head movement incorporated yet as there isn't look to apex function.

What i liked is that the game has a nice range of real normal cars as i love driving normal cars instead of all the open wheel or super modified gtr cars most sims have like i-racing and gtr games...Luckily we have rfactor and lfs and gtr games do have some touring sedans also!!!

In any case the dev/s are actually reading and taking account what people say so if you have the time check the game and tell your thoughts or recomendations to the dev/s.If anybody can help also go ask them...There is no harm done in asking.

The main forum is in http://www.racedepartment.com/x-motor-racing
I installed the demo. Spent 10 mins playing it then installed it.
Quote from ghost racer :I installed the demo. Spent 10 mins playing it then installed it.

HAX!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its not that bad.Really!!! Take the time check the game and give your impressions so the game will be improved in the future !!!!
Not impressed here. I tested the Boxster rip off around both the Circuit and the Off-Road track for around 2 hours in total after spending an hour setting up my wheel accurately for a fair test. Wheel setup was fairly easy. It only took me so long as the FFB was tricky for me to get the correct "feel" from. The demo is also very restricted, maybe too restricted.

On the circuit, the steering felt lifeless and offered little in the way of feel or resistance. I also noticed that when going around fast bends, the car felt as if its rear suspension magically disappeared, as the rear end just seemed to hunker down and toss the car into a crazy slide. The tyres also seemed to have little grip and tended to therefore lose grip very easily.

I then took the same car off road, and yet again, was disappointed. The car slid about very easily, as was to be expected, but opposite to drive on the track, it was incredibly easy to save stupidly high angle spins. I could literally put the car into a slide at more than 90 degrees, and save it quite easily. I then put the hammer down and done some jumps, and quite humorously, the car seemed to have almost no weight what so ever. Once in the air, it seemed to just fly for a much longer time then necessary...

As for the Graphics and Sounds, there pretty cartoonish. The car and track modeling is pretty basic and low poly, and the sounds are terrible. The damage modeling is pretty average apart from the cars bodywork tending to make a "spiky" sort of shape when crumpling. I did however like the reflections and the shadows that cast into the interior, seen below...

Overall, I'm not impressed and shall not be buying.
Well on the overall you pretty much nailed it.The game needs a LOT of work to get in the same level of lfs and rfactor.Yet at the same time i also see a lot of potential.For better or worse all the major simulators now have their strenghs and weeknesses. A new sim is always a welcoming fresh air in the sim world.
A lot of things are almost right in the game if improved or fixed.
If you have the time POST YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE main games forum in

http://www.racedepartment.com/x-motor-racing

The dev/s works full time on this and really takes the time to hear people's thoughts.Any help given to him either by mentioning your thoughts on what should be fixed or improved or providing actual programming/modeling/texturing help would help improving the game
Well a new version is out with some nice improvements v1.27 .As i said Xmr is still a work in progress and needs a lot of work but the dev/s take the time and hear people and steadily improve it.It's not perfect but it shows a lot of promise and has a great premise as you drive real normal cars.

If you have the time i greatly suggest to try the latest demo and talk about your thoughts of the game and what needs improving.

Also if you have the time post in the game's forums and tell your opinion of what needs to be improved or if you can talk to the dev's if they need some help...

http://www.racedepartment.com/x-motor-racing
Why cant LFS do the same with tracks?

Create a real track but name it something else.

Or is there something else to it?
#34 - AMB
Quote from DevilDare :Why cant LFS do the same with tracks?

Create a real track but name it something else.

Or is there something else to it?

Maybe they could, but imagine how long it would take to make the track, although I would love to see the Nordschleife (spelt wrong) in LFS with some sexy GTR cars, hmm 24hr @ Nordschleife with GTRs.....

^(Never going to happen)
#36 - AMB
Woo I can spell!

I wasn't sure it was spelt correct because most German words are like 'NorchwslivdffHOWSENWOWSEN' (exaggeration)

Anyway I was wondering with the whole 'if you make a real life track and name it something else you don't have to get permission thing', would that be possible with cars as well?

Although I don't think it would work since you need specific details of the car from the manafacturer of the car and you couldn't say 'We're putting your car into our simulator but we are changing the name so we don't have to get your permission/pay' and there's no point putting the car into the sim with a different name and then making crappy physics for that car, that only works in arcade games so maybe that's why you see a lot of rip-offs in those games.
Exactly that !!! You can have a 100% percent accurate version of any car or track as long as it is named differently.Where cars are involved a slightly different badge is also needed(instead of honda just write konda... ).
Just look at Grand Turismo ! Its a multi million sales game and it had the porsche brand by renaming it to ruf...

In any case i posted many times about getting the help of mods to make the real versions of the lfs cars ( there are some almost perfect versions in LFSMODS btw ) and having the best versions integrated in lfs.But no answear by the devs ...

Anyway one of the things that got me excited over XMR is exactly that.The premise of real "normal" cars .Take for example the "doxter".Its basically exactly like the real thing minus the name ofcourse And the full game has many other nice real life cars like "tavi tt",roster(a6),viperi,f4300 v911,gb3000 (mitsubishi 3000) hehheh

So give the game a look and give your thoughts about it in the games forums so the game can be improved.

http://www.racedepartment.com/x-motor-racing/
#38 - need
Quote from justasimfan :Just look at Grand Turismo ! Its a multi million sales game and it had the porsche brand by renaming it to ruf...

oh dear from what i gather, RUF is like a tuning division. like prodrive. i could be wrong but RUF is a real name.
RUF is like the amg of mercedes or mugen of honda.Its not a car by itself.For example you have a 911 porsche ruf not just ruf wich is a trick polyphony did to have porsches in the game but not give them silly names(wich by itself is perfectly fine if this means having a real life car).

By the way i actually drove one of those 911's a few years back.It sounded incredible yet the ridiculous widebody made entrance a hell and through cool as hell after a few minutes the sound was really too much for its own good..
I did like the transmission through.You could put from 1 to 2 just by pushing the stick and having the clutch halfway....
Not entirely true.

Any Mugen or AMG models still have the Manufacturers name in them, like "Honda Civic MUGEN" or "MB SLK55 AMG". RUF does not. There just called "RUF xxx".
Well ok maybe ruf wasn't the perfect example But you get the idea !!

Anyway that's one of the reasons i keep watching closely XMR.Its not anywhere near to lfs s2 status,yet it has done some basics right and the game continues to get improved version after version.The dev/s hear what people say and respond to the suggestions trying to improve what needs improving.Also they have a grasp that making many cars and tracks is impossible for a small team so the game is open for modders as even the demo trial version comes with a editor.
As i said earlier give it a try and talk about your suggestions here and in the games forums at http://www.racedepartment.com/x-motor-racing/

Is it close to lfs or netcar at this moment ? Not by a longshot.But it keeps improving and with the way lfs and netcar are developed any new sim out there is very very welcomed and needed.

xmotorracing
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG