The online racing simulator
Whats with all the random thread locking?
(14 posts, started )
Whats with the random thread locking lately?
Post your age
Post your weather conditions

Why whats the deal?
Just curious
I guess the mods decided that those threads are too pointless.

I don't necessarily agree with that but I can see where they are coming from.
In before the lock.

But yeah, an explanation would be nice before locking the thread.
Quote from DevilDare :But yeah, an explanation would be nice before locking the thread.

Having been a mod here I can tell you that's just as bad as not giving a reason in the eyes of a lot of posters here. The abuse you'd receive for having the last word was ridiculous on occasion.

At the end of the day mods do not have to justify themselves publicly. There is (or was) a private log of what and why, but ultimately they've been put in a position of control for a reason.

A lot of LFSers seem to believe that the forums are a democracy. Which they are not.
Post your age makes sense, just look at their profile, some people block their age in profile but spill the beans in the thread.

Post your weather conditions was a bit different, because you post your feelings on the weather, but at the same time you could just look at weather conditions around the world if you care.

It doesn't bother me tbh, but I'm curious to why those go but yet "Post your Girlfriend" stays?
Quote from PMD9409 :Post your age makes sense, just look at their profile, some people block their age in profile but spill the beans in the thread.

Post your weather conditions was a bit different, because you post your feelings on the weather, but at the same time you could just look at weather conditions around the world if you care.

It doesn't bother me tbh, but I'm curious to why those go but yet "Post your Girlfriend" stays?

shhhh dont draw attention there :hide:

thats a great thread
Quote from logitekg25 :shhhh dont draw attention there :hide:

thats a great thread

Not really.

Any thread with several private MSN/etc. convos in it can't be "great".
In the end of the day, if people stick on topic and behave - it won't get locked. The reason why many topics gets locked is because some silly flamewar or kids having some ego-rage going on

And beside, there are plenty of other topics to spam in
I feel any thread which becomes a list of things people won't actually care about, for example what the weather in some random place in the world, and creates no conversation, is just a spam thread.

If the thread is a list but of something appreciated (a good photo or video thread, for example), or if people actually create conversation and don't just add their bit and never post again, then it's fine by me.

As TVE points out, any thread sufficiently derailed, or turning unpleasant, is fair target for the padlock too.
Angry angel was mod? or i`m crazy :spin: ?
Quote from Bob Smith :I feel any thread which becomes a list of things people won't actually care about, for example what the weather in some random place in the world, and creates no conversation, is just a spam thread.

If the thread is a list but of something appreciated (a good photo or video thread, for example), or if people actually create conversation and don't just add their bit and never post again, then it's fine by me.

As TVE points out, any thread sufficiently derailed, or turning unpleasant, is fair target for the padlock too.

Oh thats fair enough then.
Quote from Inouva :Angry angel was mod? or i`m crazy :spin: ?

Back in time he were, but he chosed to step down from his possition ( I think ) :spin:
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Another one bites the dust
Quote from Bob Smith :I feel any thread which becomes a list of things people won't actually care about, for example what the weather in some random place in the world, and creates no conversation, is just a spam thread.

Im curious about a few things then. Why did it take you five months to lock the thread. Why is Post your CTRL-V not locked, when theres even less discussion in that than in the weather thread?

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG