The online racing simulator
Why is it that suddenly everyone has been playing uke's lately? My school recently had a ukuele club started up... Weird.

I've played one of these before... Didn't like it too much - Didn't have the same powerful sound of the Acoustic Guitar.
#27 - 5haz
Quote from brandons48 :Why is it that suddenly everyone has been playing uke's lately?

I suppose it has something to do with the trend for people's gadgets getting smaller and smaller (fnar fnar), although Apple hasn't seemed to have noticed that.

T'is true though, my friend also bought one lately.
They also played one a lot in JJ's episode of Skins couple weeks ago.
So do you play ukulele Oscar?
Quote from 5haz :I suppose it has something to do with the trend for people's gadgets getting smaller and smaller (fnar fnar),

Haha! You might be on to something there
Nicee lil instrument. Ive got one but i cant bloody play it.
Yeh... i can play it a little
Ahh.. The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. The one and only. The Best.

Love everything they do.
#35 - Uke
Quote from jibber :Yes it does.

No it doesn't. I think many of these 'guitar aliens' that can shred faster than anything are not always very talented musicians. Sometimes their shredding is just continuosly going up and down scales and such. I'm not saying that all the shredders are talentless musicians but yeah..

I'm sure I explained this pretty badly becouse my native language isn't english but meh.

Edit: Guess where my nickname comes from : P
Quote from Uke :No it doesn't. I think many of these 'guitar aliens' that can shred faster than anything are not always very talented musicians. Sometimes their shredding is just continuosly going up and down scales and such. I'm not saying that all the shredders are talentless musicians but yeah..

I'm sure I explained this pretty badly becouse my native language isn't english but meh.

Edit: Guess where my nickname comes from : P

You explained it perfectly, great music talks to you without ever needing to 'shout'.
Uke's are guitar paedophilia.

They should be banned.
Clearly those regular guitars need to stop with the roids. Shrinkage isnt cool :P lol jks Ukulele is the bomb
#39 - Uke
Quote from Uke :;<

A guitar isn't happy until 10000 volts are running through it . Do that to a Uke and it'll play one last final very very loud note.
#41 - Uke
Quote from Becky Rose :A guitar isn't happy until 10000 volts are running through it . Do that to a Uke and it'll play one last final very very loud note.

I think that would be too much for the amplifier :O
Quote from Becky Rose :A guitar isn't happy until 10000 volts are running through it .

Most guitars produce a very tiny voltage from their pickups, that's why the amplifier has to be so big. Even with active electronics, the most an electric guitar is likely to see is 18v, and 99% of active preamps for mag pups are only 9v (the additional voltage in 18v circuits is really only there to provide more headroom for the onboard EQ which can be done at the amp anyway). Most piezo setups are also 9v, so an amplified uke is likely to see the same voltage as an electric guitar, or more.

HTH.
#43 - Uke
Quote from thisnameistaken :Most guitars produce a very tiny voltage from their pickups, that's why the amplifier has to be so big. Even with active electronics, the most an electric guitar is likely to see is 18v, and 99% of active preamps for mag pups are only 9v (the additional voltage in 18v circuits is really only there to provide more headroom for the onboard EQ which can be done at the amp anyway). Most piezo setups are also 9v, so an amplified uke is likely to see the same voltage as an electric guitar, or more.

HTH.

Correct.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Most guitars produce a very tiny voltage from their pickups, that's why the amplifier has to be so big. Even with active electronics, the most an electric guitar is likely to see is 18v, and 99% of active preamps for mag pups are only 9v (the additional voltage in 18v circuits is really only there to provide more headroom for the onboard EQ which can be done at the amp anyway). Most piezo setups are also 9v, so an amplified uke is likely to see the same voltage as an electric guitar, or more.

HTH.

You still have no sense of humour, only now you're using logic and being correct instead of just insulting people, it's progress at least
Quote from Becky Rose :You still have no sense of humour, only now you're using logic and being correct instead of just insulting people, it's progress at least

I still do have a sense of humour, you're still not funny.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I still do have a sense of humour, you're still not funny.

I refuse to respond further to you because I refuse to be drawn into flaming with the biggest twat on here.

Seeya. /endlatestkevinhecklesbeckyanotherthreadgone
Quote from Becky Rose :I refuse to respond further to you

Now you see I would have called that a response.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG