The online racing simulator
Quote from PhilS13 :McLaren does it. It's all fine.

Ferrari does it. It's not all fine.

Freakin fanboys.

WHEN did McLaren did it?

if you were talking about 1997/1998, sorry, the rules for team orders didn't exist then.

Freakin Ferrari fanboys.
There has now been a clear rule breach acknowledged by the stewards. The points, and TV exposure over the weekend for Ferrari has won them more money than the so-called fine so that's a pathetic gesture if that's all that comes from this.

At the very least both Alonso and Massa should be removed from the results and Vettel is the victor (that's if his front wing is legal ). The FIA needed to act fast on this. They haven't and once again f1 is back to the bad old days
Quote from Intrepid :There has now been a clear rule breach acknowledged by the stewards. The points, and TV exposure over the weekend for Ferrari has won them more money than the so-called fine so that's a pathetic gesture if that's all that comes from this.

At the very least both Alonso and Massa should be removed from the results and Vettel is the victor (that's if his front wing is legal ). The FIA needed to act fast on this. They haven't and once again f1 is back to the bad old days

My view on the incident:
Alonso got screwed up by Vettel on the run to T1 (without that Massa probably wouldn't have passed them), but that's all history now.
The 1-2 was still a hard-earned result for Ferrari, just that the order of the 1-2 should have been different (or they could simply tried to "accurately" stuff up Massa's pitstop). So it would be quite cruel to take it away from them. But well it's Ferrari that decided to breach the regulations in a pretty obvious way and then treat the rest of us non Ferrari fanboys as stupid idiots.

I suspect the WMC would dock them some points for the constructors standings. And they could still smack a heavy fine on them.

And well at least they actually have to pay this fine. Back in Austria 2002 they were hit with a fine that only need to be paid if they commit the same offence again in an year.
Wasn't a bad race up until Massa was told to pull over. I think it's stupid. He would of won the race on the first corner move which was fantastic. Racing isn't nessecarily about the fastest driver, you can be a slower and, drive a defensive race and still win. Alonso started complaining, Massa put up a decent fight with Alonso and he pussies out and then Ferrari decide to let Alonso pass Massa, I think it's stupid, at the end of the day, they have let their longest serving driver down. That's what Italian loyalty is, stab in the back is what you expect. And I'm not even a Massa fan...
No date set for WMSC hearing...
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't get this.

When did McLaren do teamorders and people said that it was fine?

Coulthard and Hakkinen?
Hamilton and Kovalainen?

Everyone was fine with their beloved drivers winning in a dirty way. Once Ferrari does the same, everyone is going to rip their hair off because "ITS SO UNFAIR"; "ITS MAFIA, FERRARI DESTROYING F1 IMAGE"; "SAME LIKE AUSTRIA 2002, BAN THEN 4EVER".
Quote from TexasLTU :Coulthard and Hakkinen?
Hamilton and Kovalainen?

Everyone was fine with their beloved drivers winning in a dirty way. Once Ferrari does the same, everyone is going to rip their hair off because "ITS SO UNFAIR"; "ITS MAFIA, FERRARI DESTROYING F1 IMAGE"; "SAME LIKE AUSTRIA 2002, BAN THEN 4EVER".

i was a ferrari '' fanboy '' untill they fired Kimi. see what they are doing now?

F1 needs Ferrari for sure, but WE DONT WANT TO SEE A BUNCH OF OVERPAID LAZY ASS CHEATERS!

well... if u like that just go watch the tour de france with contador cheating for the win.... or just watch wwe or something like that
What is it with Ferrari no sooner they get the car up front they have to cheat.

Alonso you big cry baby! I hope you get one place drop and Massa gets his rightful position back 1st
Quote from TexasLTU :Coulthard and Hakkinen?
Hamilton and Kovalainen?

You have to be THE biggest hypocrite.

You rip on Mclaren, no actually, you rip on Hamilton every chance you get! Even when they havent done anything wrong. So yeah...
Quote from el pibe :i was a ferrari '' fanboy '' untill they fired Kimi. see what they are doing now?

F1 needs Ferrari for sure, but WE DONT WANT TO SEE A BUNCH OF OVERPAID LAZY ASS CHEATERS!

well... if u like that just go watch the tour de france with contador cheating for the win.... or just watch wwe or something like that

What the?

How is someone else's misfortune cheating?

Mclaren have been cheating all season long then.

Sorry for OT.
Recent one would be Turkey 2010

LH : If I back off, Jenson gonna pass me or not?

Pitwall: No Lewis.. No.

Why would a driver inquire to his team about that if there's no team orders allowed? The fact that Jenson actually made a move not long after shouldn't change how you view this.

I also remember Kovalainen letting Lewis through on at least two occasions either simulating a driving mistake(France?) or just letting him through (Germany 2008 LOL same corner as today). No big deal was made of that. This applies to multiple teams...no one here remembers seeing stuff and thinking "yeah right no team orders" during a gp ??? Come on.

Ferrari just did it without any tricks and everyone could see it. I respect that more than what the others did. 100 000$ will be enough to make sure they do it the right way next time. Hide it so the most logical sport on earth sport doesn't look bad to the emotional mass.

Here at 1:55 for the 2008 German "move"

http://www.videohighlights.net ... any-hockenheim-formula-1/
Quote from PhilS13 :Recent one would be Turkey 2010

JB : Am I the driver number 2 in the team?
Pitwall: Yes Jenson.. Yes.

fixed for you son
Quote from TexasLTU :fixed for you son

Quote from DevilDare :You have to be THE biggest hypocrite.

You rip on Mclaren, no actually, you rip on Hamilton every chance you get! Even when they havent done anything wrong. So yeah...

See?
-
(PhilS13) DELETED by PhilS13
Note that I never said that Ferrari was right. I hated to see it and that's not what I want F1 to be. I'm just being logic and I think fair in the way I see things.
Love Rob Smedley and the way he talks to Massa. They should just stream their radio conversations live all the way through as an alternative commentary.
I don't remember anyone saying it was fine when Mclaren did it, some members need to stop crying like 8 year olds, just because your darling Alonso does it dosen't mean you should too.
#168 - CSF
Quote from PhilS13 :
I also remember Kovalainen letting Lewis through on at least two occasions either simulating a driving mistake(France?) or just letting him through (Germany 2008 LOL same corner as today). No big deal was made of that. This applies to multiple teams...no one here remembers seeing stuff and thinking "yeah right no team orders" during a gp ??? Come on.

Ferrari just did it without any tricks and everyone could see it. I respect that more than what the others did. 100 000$ will be enough to make sure they do it the right way next time. Hide it so the most logical sport on earth sport doesn't look bad to the emotional mass.

Here at 1:55 for the 2008 German "move"

http://www.videohighlights.net ... any-hockenheim-formula-1/

It's not the same thing though really. While it might be an 'order' it wasn't for a deserved win for Heikki. What you fail to mention is Heikki sitting back for lap after lap and not taking on Massa (who had failing rear brakes as we and McLaren heard over the radio) so what should McLaren do?

As history stands Hamilton got past Heikki, past Massa within a few laps, got Piquet and won the race, one of the best ends to a race we have had in years and went on to win the title. Heikki? Well he didn't pass Massa, and was so slow even Heidfeld slotted in front. Did McLaren make the right call, you bet they did.

If Alonso wins the title because he was let through in the way he did today... well it's just silly.
Quote from CSF :It's not the same thing though really. While it might be an 'order' it wasn't for a deserved win for Heikki. What you fail to mention is Heikki sitting back for lap after lap and not taking on Massa (who had failing rear brakes as we and McLaren heard over the radio) so what should McLaren do?

As history stands Hamilton got past Heikki, past Massa within a few laps, got Piquet and won the race, one of the best ends to a race we have had in years and went on to win the title. Heikki? Well he didn't pass Massa, and was so slow even Heidfeld slotted in front. Did McLaren make the right call, you bet they did.

If Alonso wins the title because he was let through in the way he did today... well it's just silly.

Agree. But the surrounding race situation/context doesn't have be considered at all when you're trying to apply that kind of sporting regulation.
Well its interesting.

Martin Brundle said it on the F1 Forum, would there be such fuss if they have been lower down when the swap took place.

And thats where it all ties in IMO. Massa was told to allow Alonso through, so he could WIN.

In 2008 Hamilton still had to pass Massa and Piquet to win. So there is a difference.

Quite a significant one IMO.
Also if Heikki wasn't given an order do you think it would have made any difference? I dont, it may have happened a lap later but it would still of happened. Alonso would not of been able to pass Massa if they raced head to head maybe Ferrari should be asking for Massa to crash to get a safety car?
Lovely, I knew you would figure out something just to make difference between the two cases. I'm tired of this already, no reason to continue posting here. I'm out. illepall
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Lovely, I knew you would figure out something just to make difference between the two cases. I'm tired of this already, no reason to continue posting here. I'm out. illepall

:wave2:
jeez.

months away from this forum, and toki is still such a prat.

no offence mate, but you are so wrong on this one.

i hope ferrari get their ass nailed to the wall on this one

for once i feel for massa, he was robbed.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Lovely, I knew you would figure out something just to make difference between the two cases. I'm tired of this already, no reason to continue posting here. I'm out. illepall

Uhm... Well... Dont let the door hit you on the way out I guess...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG