The online racing simulator
a city just for cruising
(74 posts, started )
Quote from Forbin :Those who can't race, drift. Those who can't drift, cruise. Simple as.

I am sorry to say, but this is so not true...

I personally am cruising, becosue it seems more interesting to me than racing. Does that mean that i can not race at all? No, it does not. Your statement is like saying, "those who can not drive a RWD car in real life, drives a FWD one" - what if someone is driving FWD car in real life, just becouse he likes it more?

Cruisers cleary means the last sh*t to you, Forbin. I do not mind about that and sorry to ask, but what gives you a right to judge LFS players like that? No offence, but you seems like you were being bullyed in your early ears, to understimate everyone who doesnt agree with you, like that.
Quote from Forbin :Those who can't race, drift. Those who can't drift, cruise. Simple as.

hamburger's logic, you race bike since you cannot race cars?

Quote from Forbin :If you need to get your jollies fantasizing about illegal street racing and running from the cops, by all means, cruise to your heart's content. But comparing the level of competence posessed by a "skilled" cruiser to that of an accomplished racer is contemptibly incongruous.

Jesus Christ...
Consider me unimpressed with your achievement of sitting behind a toy wheel during 82.3 laps (info from your ugly website). Players who rotate around a cruise server for hours like some AIs, are perfectly comparable to me, sorry. Endurance races are cool, but you are not. Biker from NJ, lol.
Quote from Bass-Driver :we have already a city called: South City (only for s2 licensed members)
So buy s2 so that u can drive in this city inside lfs.

s1 actually

EDIT: let's just say, for licensed members
Quote from logitekg25 :it can easily be said with that logic people who cant control 4 wheels (car) go to motorcycles, people who cant control 2 wheels, go to unicycles...that is CLEARLY not true

Quote from RAYfighter :hamburger's logic, you race bike since you cannot race cars?

Racing is racing, regardless of the number of wheels. The fundamental goals and methods are the same.

Quote from thezero :I am sorry to say, but this is so not true...

I personally am cruising, becosue it seems more interesting to me than racing. Does that mean that i can not race at all? No, it does not.

Sure, you can race. Not well, though. Not competitively.

Quote from thezero :Your statement is like saying, "those who can not drive a RWD car in real life, drives a FWD one" - what if someone is driving FWD car in real life, just becouse he likes it more?

Not possible. FWD is awful for performance applications. Anyone buying a performance car knows this.

Quote from thezero :Cruisers cleary means the last sh*t to you, Forbin. I do not mind about that...

Clearly, based upon your numerous replies and vehement defense of cruising, you do.

Quote from thezero :...and sorry to ask, but what gives you a right to judge LFS players like that? No offence, but you seems like you were being bullyed in your early ears, to understimate everyone who doesnt agree with you, like that.

I know what it takes to be a good racer. I've also been on cruise servers and seen what it takes to be a good cruiser. There is no comparison.
Well, there's realy no more point in me trying to prove you wrong.

Your attitude is clearly "cruisers can suck ass becouse i am a racer", so why should i be bothered? One thing that i realy do not agree with though, is your statement about that cruisers are only people who can not race. But whatever, go on with that kind of attitude, this lovely community loves it - anyway, i am out of here.
If you people are such good racers, why aren't you racing then? I still agree with Forbin though, I think 9/10 cruisers would get humiliated in a race against a real racer.
Quote from Bose321 :If you people are such good racers, why aren't you racing then? I still agree with Forbin though, I think 9/10 cruisers would get humiliated in a race against a real racer.

But why on earth is it even important, how good racers cruisers are? I have never said that all of them are good though, but i was just heavily against Forbins statement, literally saying that all cruisers sucks in racing and that cruisers are only players, who can not race. Do you find this kind of statements acceptable, for someone who is supossed to be racer with a good reputation in this community?

Also, why does it even matter how many cruisers would get "humiliated" in a race, against a real racer? I am sure that all of the cruisers could say that 9/10 racers would get humiliated in a chase against a regular Cop on a cruising server also, but nobody did - i personally think that this kind of statements are very childish. We all are playing the same game, so why on earth do we need to be b*tchy like that, to ourselves? Why can not we just be happy that LFS has more than one aspects?
Quote from thezero :Also, why does it even matter how many cruisers would get "humiliated" in a race, against a real racer?

Quote from thezero :No seriously, who are you to say who needs what? Cruisers are equal to racers what has been proved milion of times already, so stop being a d*ckead with comments like that. I wonder how many skilled cruisers who can do a faster lap time on a complicated layout with on-coming traffic than you on any track without a layout, would beat your cheap arse, if you were racing. That might shut you up though.

You brought it up. We're telling you you're wrong.

Quote from thezero :anyway, i am out of here.

Clearly you're not.

Let me ask you this: how much of your time in a cruise server is spent doing the "speed limit?"
I'm not saying that it matters, I just say that your argument about skilled cruisers, better then racers, is just wrong. I also think that a good racer won't have a problem outrunning 'cops', since it's just the same idea as racing, just with people driving the wrong way, and barriers in the middle of the road. Sure, Forbin's opinion about cruisers is not 100% right, but I have to agree with him, that most of the cruisers are not as skilled as real racers or whatever, but that doesn't matter IMO, just do whatever you want.
My opinion is that almost any sim racer isn't as skilled as a real racer. No, not WITHOUT skills, but not AS skilled.
No shit, that's more like a fact. We are talking about LFS racers and cruisers, not about real racers.
Quote from thezero :I have never said that all of them are good though, but i was just heavily against Forbins statement, literally saying that all cruisers sucks in racing and that cruisers are only players, who can not race. Do you find this kind of statements acceptable, for someone who is supossed to be racer with a good reputation in this community?

Sorry, but your logic is ****ed up.

Nothing more to say.
Quote from Forbin :Let me ask you this: how much of your time in a cruise server is spent doing the "speed limit?"

Not even 20%, becouse most of it is spent by Copping.

Anyway, i seriously can not be arsed to read your posts, on that level of attitude. If you think that you are something more than any of us - cruisers - becouse you have good lap times, you are wrong. I just hope that your attitude is not like this in the real life. Anyway, my feeling is telling me that you are expressing yourself here, becouse nobody gives a sh*t about you in the real life. Anyway, go on mister, becouse i am out of here. Now 'fo real, y000!!!
I'm really amazed by 1) the existence of this kind of threads while developping the cruise capacities of the game has never been part of the devs plans in 10 years of development and 2) the fact that some people can manage to turn this kind of threads into race vs cruise arguments in less than a page.
Quote from thehorse :Hey lfs, i was just on the live for cruise server and many people agreed to what my suggestion was in the server, a city. A city where real cop chases can go on for hours, garages, a dedicated race track built outside the city and amazing views.

Buy Burger At ACTUAL BURGER KING

****ing cruise retards...
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I'm really amazed by 1) the existence of this kind of threads while developping the cruise capacities of the game has never been part of the devs plans in 10 years of development and 2) the fact that some people can manage to turn this kind of threads into race vs cruise arguments in less than a page.

This thread within Improvement Suggestions forum is wrong.
And "Today's posts" attracts offtopic replies too, IMO.

This whole thread (including my own words) is one big fail. Pages of pseudo intelligence, but no improvement suggestion.
("racers", how they like to call themselves, suggesting ban of drift or cruising are not really a contribution in my opinion. Scawen said that too, he doesn't welcome it here...)
Quote from Bose321 :I'm not saying that it matters, I just say that your argument about skilled cruisers, better then racers, is just wrong. I also think that a good racer won't have a problem outrunning 'cops', since it's just the same idea as racing, just with people driving the wrong way, and barriers in the middle of the road. Sure, Forbin's opinion about cruisers is not 100% right, but I have to agree with him, that most of the cruisers are not as skilled as real racers or whatever, but that doesn't matter IMO, just do whatever you want.

No shit!

Ofcourse somebody will twist your words.
Quote from hp999 :No shit!

Ofcourse somebody will twist your words.

Grow up. I meant LFS racers, real racers, not cruisers that think they are racers.
Quote from Bose321 :Grow up. I meant LFS racers, real racers, not cruisers that think they are racers.

And that's exactly why I twisted the words.

TWISTAH!
This thread is terrible.

Anyone else get the feeling "thehorse" and "thezero" is the same person?
Quote from thehorse :Hey lfs, i was just on the live for cruise server and many people agreed to what my suggestion was in the server, a city. A city where real cop chases can go on for hours, garages, a dedicated race track built outside the city and amazing views. Think of it, what good is a simulator without a city? Does anybody agree with me?

Fern Bay road/track has an amazing view from the lookout over the bay to the city. Cruising in Blackwood with no barriers/road markings must be boring for you after a while. Get S2 upgrade mate, experience cruising on other tracks.

You should have done a search on these forums about cities first, there's lots of debate about this already.

Eventually if a track editor comes we will see well modelled cities, this will take some time so enjoy what's available. Try out racing and drift and drag. There's enough going on in LFS to keep you busy while you wait for updates. The developers are working on getting the cars and physics right first before we see more tracks and things like cities. The dev team is small so be prepared for a long wait mate.

Guys, everyone has different opinions of what 'fun' is. If that wasn't the case we'd all be the same and eating shit pies. Cruisers can play and keep well out of race servers. Cruising is a good place to learn the LFS multiplayer environment and learn how to drive LFS cars. Be happy others are enjoying LFS without disturbing you while you're racing. Eventually quite a few of them (cruisers) will advance and look for more ways to enjoy a great sim and come racing. Vice-versa for racers. Creating a hating atmosphere certainly won't encourage them to come in and try racing. Having fun is the goal, not who wins or loses.

We all have a passion about cars and LFS. Make love in LFS not war, making love.... some like it fast, some like it slow....

Quote from PMD9409 :This thread is terrible.

......won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
Quote from JasonJ :Fern Bay road/track has an amazing view from the lookout over the bay to the city. Cruising in Blackwood with no barriers/road markings must be boring for you after a while. Get S2 upgrade mate, experience cruising on other tracks.

You should have done a search on these forums about cities first, there's lots of debate about this already.

Eventually if a track editor comes we will see well modelled cities, this will take some time so enjoy what's available. Try out racing and drift and drag. There's enough going on in LFS to keep you busy while you wait for updates. The developers are working on getting the cars and physics right first before we see more tracks and things like cities. The dev team is small so be prepared for a long wait mate.

Guys, everyone has different opinions of what 'fun' is. If that wasn't the case we'd all be the same and eating shit pies. Cruisers can play and keep well out of race servers. Cruising is a good place to learn the LFS multiplayer environment and learn how to drive LFS cars. Be happy others are enjoying LFS without disturbing you while you're racing. Eventually quite a few of them (cruisers) will advance and look for more ways to enjoy a great sim and come racing. Vice-versa for racers. Creating a hating atmosphere certainly won't encourage them to come in and try racing. Having fun is the goal, not who wins or loses.

We all have a passion about cars and LFS. Make love in LFS not war, making love.... some like it fast, some like it slow....

perfect post is perfect
#49 - Zay
Ok, this is getting way to silly over something so small. How the heck can you say just because people cruise means they are horrible at racing? Heck, I cruise, I know multiple people that are right on target with the WR's that cruise, and your saying that they actually suck? Ok bud.
On Topic.
I like the suggestion, but like people before said, currently LFS cannot do this. However. it would be nice to have in the future maybe.
#50 - Zay
Quote from hp999 :My opinion is that almost any sim racer isn't as skilled as a real racer. No, not WITHOUT skills, but not AS skilled.

Hmm, possibly, but me and a couple others I know are more(or as, in some occasions) talented in real life(karting) as they are in LFS. I dont think this is true, because there are probably a greater number of racers that are better or as talented in real life, probably somewhere approaching a half. But thats just my opinion.
Sorry for off topic and double post

a city just for cruising
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG