The online racing simulator
RaceControlSystem
(23 posts, started )
RaceControlSystem
Hello Racers.

Try our RaceControlSystem(RCS). It's not finished, but you can have some fun. It's not for lappers, but for racers.

What you get at present:
-central database for playerstats and -settings
-can connect up to 8 servers with one database
-autom. skill-managemant (skill measures clean and realistic driving, not speed)
-a server can kick a player, if he/she hasnt a needed skill
-rolling starts, gp starts or random
-crewcomments to positionfights, laps and other things
-pitboard to show the distances to the real next/prev player on track (not the lfs-position distances)
-more real penaltysystem (penalty are delayed for inspection [RCS-Penalty only])
-automatic pitstopwindows (you must pit wihtin this windows to complete the race)
-special QualifyingRules
....and more

for ingame-commands enter "#help", ".help" or "!help"

known bugs:
-no take over cars (dont know what happen here in insim )

Give it a try and have fun

change 06/09/09 : extended the server-config-file
change 06/26/10 : many changes http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1445841#post1445841
change 06/27/10 : fixed the zip (wrong configfile fixed)
change 07/03/10 : more options in configfile http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1449490#post1449490
change 07/19/10 : added pitstopwindows, command to reduce textoutput http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1457595#post1457595
change 07/26/10 : added some new commands and a new qualy-module http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1460890#post1460890
change 08/08/10 : bugfixes, translationfiles (multilanguage-support), an eventmonitor http://www.lfsforum.net/showpo ... =1466631&postcount=17
change 08/15/19 : bugfixes, ai, replay, local connects are working now http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1469997#post1469997
change 08/22/10: bugfixes, http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1473320#post1473320

Some infos what happens and how it works:
1.)
There are 3 groups of infotext:
a) RCS-Messages are general infomessages from the masterprogram (Records or sessionchanges for example). They appear mostly at the top of the screen, and are often doubled with normal lfs-textchat

b) OrgaMessages are infomessages from the virtual racedirector (Racestart orders, penaltys for example). They appear in the upper middle of the screen and can adress all drivers or only you (your team)

c) Crewmessages are messages from your crew. Personel infos, hints and comments. They appear in the bottom middle of the screen and are only visible to you.

You can switch the general chatlevel with the command "#chatlevel". This option is saved in database.

2.)
closed Pitlane: You can enter the pitlane from track only if you have a penalty. If you enter a closed pitlane from track or enter a closed pitlane from spec/garage and move the car you will get a penalty from orga and negative skillpoints.
commands: '#pitopen','#pitclosed' (by admin only)

3.)
closed track: if you enter a closed track from spec/garage you will go back to pit and get negative skillpoints.
If you enter a closed track after a pitstop you will get a penalty from orga and negative skillpoints
commands: '#trackopen', '#trackclosed' (by admin only)

4.)
Skillpoints: you get positive skillpoints for finishing laps, finishing penaltys or driving to pit and jump THEN to garage. Simply for clean and realistic driving.
You get negative skillpoints for getting penaltys, creating yellow flags, car reset, and some other things.
The change of your skillpoints can be watched in the bottom left corner. The skillpoints are saved in the database. To join a Rcs-Server you need a minimum skill-level (level 0=default). Skill-Levels are from 0-10.
commands: '#skill', '#setskill <lfsworldname> value' (last by admins only and not to yourself )

5.)
Database: the Db saves all player with their driven combos,records,setting and skillpoints. Players without driven laps are not saved.
All servers (up to 8 servers) are using this one database.

6.)
RollingStart:
edit the server_x.cfg to setup the rollingstart or use the command 'setstart','nextstart' and 'setspeed' ingame (admins only). Try '#<command> ?' for some help.

How it works:
After the green light the leader accelerates to the minimum speedlevel (You can see the speeds with '#info rs-speed'). His primary rule is to hold the correct speed.
Later he gets the command to speed up. At this time he defines the speed. He must not accelerate straight away, but he is not allowed to brake. Braking will send the leader to spectate without warning!!!

All other drivers have to hold their positions (single line start). They can drive faster to go nearer to next car, but they must stay in position.

If a car is to slow, left the position, is to far away from the next car or if the leader is to fast/slow the driver gets a first warning. After a short time the driver goes to spectate, if he doesnt correct the mistake.
Any 2nd mistake will produce a rcs-penalty.
After every warning the driver has the chance/time to correct his mistake, but he must hurry!
A 3rd mistake will send a driver to spectate without a warning.

Noone is allowed to pass a car before crossing the finishline. The individual race starts with crossing the finsihline.
If to many cars are in wrong position, the start will be stopped by rcs.
commands: '#setstart','#nextstart','setspeed' (all for admins only)

7.)
Pitstopwindows:
This windows are forced pitstops in a race. You can stop more often. But outside a window, the stop doesnt count for the race. If you miss a window, you will get a penalty from orga. A window is missed too, if you enter the pitlane inside a window to finish a penalty. You have to come in a 2nd time here.
Your crew will give you information to pitwindows. And there is a infobox in the bottom right corner.

8.)
Delayed Penaltys:
all penaltys from rcs are delayed to make them more realistic. The orga is inspecting a fault and after a short time the penalty will occur. Further penaltys dont overwrite existing penaltys, but they are stored. So you will get one penalty after the other.

9.)
Qualyrules:
You can define special qualyrules in the server_x.cfg. With this rules its possible to create 'onelap-qualy' for example. A player, who finished his qualy cant join the track again. RCS is tracking the rules for all players. The qualy ends automatically, if no more player can drive (limited by rules) a fast lap.
Use the command '#info qualy' to view active rules

10.)
Eventmonitor:
The monitor will appear if you are in spectate or in pitlane without moving the car. The monitor is turned off by moving the car. The monitor can be turned on/off with the command '#emon'.
The monitor shows all "important" things which happens around you. You can compare times, or see if a player has problems for example.

11.)
AI-Driver:
AI's can join. But there are some restrictions, because the ai dont know rcs and is not ai enough .
a) a AI will never get a rcs-penalty!!!! (missed pitwindow, rolling start-mistakes)
b) a AI cant drive rolling starts. The AI cant and must not hold the inlapspeed, the ai cant follow other drivers
c) a AI cant finish a pitstopwindow

12.)
Replays:
You can watch replays with rcs. But you should notice the following:
If rcs-rollingstarts are active, you should have the right serverconfigs (the serverconfig when the replay was saved). If you have no serverconfig set rcs to gp-starts (#setstart gp).
The same for pitwindows. If you have no serverconfig, set the pitwindows to none (server_x.cfg)
If you have the right severconfig everything will be fine
If you see problems with rcs and your loaded replay, simply restart the replay. Sometimes rcs needs two replaystarts.

Helpful with replays:
"#emon" turns on/off the eventmonitor
"#watch lfs-worldname" (hold ctrl+shift for lfsworldnames) let you see all the messages the driver got from rcs and the camera goes to the cockpit.
Not helpful with replay :
No fast forward or jump. This will produce unexspected results or crash rcs.
You can enter commands, but the replay cant react to them. So this will lead to unexspected results too.
Dont replay MPR's, made without rcs, under rcs. A replay cant react to insim-commands

btw. sorry for (d)english
voodoo
Attached files
RCS.zip - 274.6 KB - 438 views
Hi Voodoo,

Works fine. Good Job

Waiting for the update with more rolling start option ( min and max speed and stuff like that)

Maybe a option to turn different things on and off.
pitboard on/off ,crew on/off , greatlap times on/off ( is not necessary on a oval).
thx.

RollingStart max speed can be set online with "#setspeed", but will be an option in cfg-file too.
Hi Voodoo99

works fine .
can we change the time a message stay's on screen .
is it possible too have the time a message stay's on screen change ?

#5 - Bub
This is Great, addon, I can`t wait till get:

There are many things which are variable. But the needed configfile-import is not ready. This will come next.
variable will be:
-pitopen/trackopen-rules
-many rollingstart-variables (max distances, speed, warningtimes, to_spectate-times)
-crewcomments off/on
-given penaltys
-skillrating

These all options ar nesecarry!
Hello all.

.......after a long time, i have compiled a new version.

news:
- the memoryleak is fixed
- more options in configfiles
- general bugfixing
- skillsystem is updated
- less crewcomments in racesessions

how to use:
Simpy unpack the zipped folder and edit the 2 configfiles to match your server(s). "rcs_server.cfg" is the general configfile. server_x.cfg (x=0-7) is the configfile for the servers.
After editing the serverconfig you can reload a serverconfig with the command "#reinit".

commands:

for commands enter "#help" ingame.

Rolling starts:
Rolling starts are single line. Switch on drivernames above the cars (ingame press 'n') and try to follow the screencommands

Track/Pitstate:

there are rules (server_x.cfg) to open/close the pitlane automatically

Penaltys:

penaltys are delayed to make them more realistic. The orga (rcs) is inspecting the faults and the decision takes time.
Command #top:
top shows all cartypes on track (automatic). To view a specific car enter '#top ?' to get some help

Skillsystem:

every action changes your skill. The maximum skill is 10. You can watch the changes in the bottom left corner.

there is a testserver online: TeW TeamWeizen RCS

download the file from post#1

....have fun
...and again

-more options in configfiles.
The messagepositions are variable or can be turned off.
Skillsystem and delayed penalty can be turned off

----have fun
Found an error:

[LLM]Bmxtwins : RCS: SERVER IS IDLE (no Players Left) spams after every interaciton with lfs.
thx for report, i will look for that.

it's spamming ingame or in terminalview on the server?
Well i was just testing insim and did a start host in multiplayer... so ingame but i was the host.
local connects are not supported. you have to run a server. The server can be local but should be a seperate lfs-instance.

I never saw this on our server (win2008).
But i will have a look for it.
had a look .
It's like i said. Dont connect RCS directly to your lfs-session.
I have uploaded instructions for a local test inside the .zip.

If you connect directly you will be the server. And since there is no other connect, the server is idle (from rcs-view ). The server self is never driving.

...have fun
..........and the next version is up.

News:
-you can configure pitstopwindows now (in serverconfig-file). The handling ingame is very easy. Simply drive the race . Your Crew will give you all needed information. A new statebox in ther lower right corner is showing the (next)pitstopwindow.
You can configure the defaultpenalty for missing a window.

-new command "#chatlevel". This sets the textoutput to full, medium or minimum level. With minimum level you'll get much more silence . The setting is saved in database.

-some fixes

...have fun
there are "conlicts" if i use also Airio software to control my server?
I don't think u can use both systems at the same time (didnt test it).
Both systems are using all available insim-information to create output and /or calculate things.
They dont know each other and they work without regard to each other.

I dont see them in competition (and its not my intention too).
....i think RCS has another focus. But this is only my personal view of things of course

Hope this helps.

....have fun
aaaaannd the next version is up with a great new feature (our opinion after some tests )

New:
-changed '#reinit' to '#loadconfig' - now you can specify a filename to load.
-added Qualy-Module. Rcs can control the qualy with a special ruleset (in serverconfig)
-new command '#info' (not finished)
-some fixing and streamlining

Yes, a qualy-module:
You can setup different qualytypes controlled by RCS.
for example:
a onelap-qualy with an one-minute startwindow and no rejoin or
10 laps with one allowed jump to garage/spec or pitstop or
15min with no allowed pitentry and 3 laps or
15min with no rejoin and unlimited laps or
.......you are the admin

Our testserver TeW TeamWeizen RCS is up with ky2, fo8.
Settings:
-Qualy -> 1min startwindow, 2laps, 1 pitexit (onelapqualy)
-Race -> 8 Laps, RollingStart, 1 Pitwindow from lap 4 to 6

try it yourself and dont forget the commands '#help', '#info' and 'chatlevel'

btw.: i have edited the first post to give some information how it works

.....have fun and sorry for my (d)english
next version is up.

new:
-some bugfixing (problems with wrongway-detection),
-some changes to rolling starts,
-streamlining qualification
-multi-language-support
-a new eventmonitor

translation-files (multi-language-support): Now you can create your own translation. (German is included). There is a new command to change the language: '#lang'
It would be nice, if some nice guys would post translation. If u PM me, i will add them to the .zip

eventmonitor: if you are spectating or standing in the pitlane you will get this monitor automatically. The monitor shows "important" things happening around you.
If you move the car the monitor turns off. (This will happen too, if you manually turned it on.)
There is a command too to turn on/off the monitor: '#emon'

btw.: some opinions would be helpful. I dont know, what to do next

have fun
and the next version:

changes/fixes:
-fixed a bug with wrong pitboardposition
-fixed a bug with rollingstarts (finish-inlap detection)
-fixed a bug with the eventmonitor (no longer showing events)
-changes to eventmonitor (eventmonitor has sent to many packets to lfs)
-fixed a bug which leads to a rcs-crash (crash if a new player joins and pitstate was closed)
-fixed a bug with positioncalculations
-finished command '#info'
-AI's are supported now, LocalConnect is supported now, Replay is supported now
Used this app for ky1 league race today, worked fine on a test with 2 cars but in the real race it didnt give a go signal or open pits, so had to #QUIT the app and took forever as #quit didnt work...
Also . character is same functionaly as # if used as first letter in message.

Crew chief messages are annoying, so we made them size 0 so that they were yellow lines by the bottom of screen.

App was amazing how it did rolling start and will eliminate need for safety car.
7/10 from what I saw. Fix bugs and make a tad more customizable and 10!
Quote from Bmxtwins :Used this app for ky1 league race today, worked fine on a test with 2 cars but in the real race it didnt give a go signal or open pits, so had to #QUIT the app and took forever as #quit didnt work...
Also . character is same functionaly as # if used as first letter in message.

Crew chief messages are annoying, so we made them size 0 so that they were yellow lines by the bottom of screen.

App was amazing how it did rolling start and will eliminate need for safety car.
7/10 from what I saw. Fix bugs and make a tad more customizable and 10!

thx for testing

Do you have a replay and the server_x.cfg from your 2nd race. So i could see what happened.
Rollingstart are very tricky (from programmerview / myview). We had a 60min race last week (11 driver) with all features on and it has worked witout problems. The newest test were all ok.
A replay would be helpful.

I dont understand the problem with '#'. You can use "!" or "." too. But these prefixes are not silent. Commands are all casesensitive. A admin shouldnt quit rcs by mistake, so the command is QUIT

There are 2 ways to reduce the crewchief and the others:
1)use the command '#chatlevel'. So a a player can decide. This setting is stored in db too.
With medium all fun-messages go away
with minimum u will get important messages only (have a look in the langueagefile at the prefixes #0 to #2, set a a prefix #2 and a chatlevel lower then full and this line will not come up)
2)set the x-position in server_x.cfg for a message-type to -1 to switch them off. Be careful with orga-messages, because rollingstart-orders are from orga (this will change with next version)

Which more custumization is needed?
I had a short look to your mpr.
It works well here. And the rollingstart is finished normal.
Can you post your serversettings (only the rollingstart-values)?
Can u run the replay with rcs connected? If so, is the error happening?
(The message "drive clean....." shows the end of a rollingstart)

Two things to your race:
RCS cant handle double-line-starts very well. RollingStarts should be singleline.
In my replay J.Villa goes to spec because he didnt pass K.Meyers. [edit this was a bug/glitch, rcs didnt detect, that all positions were ok again (after K.Meyers left his position)]

edit:
had a deeper look this evening. I found a little bug with positionprocessing in inlap. But i cant reproduce your reported error. All starts were fine.
next version is up and for longer time the last one

changed:

-fixed a bug which could lead to never ending rollingstart (if the host is driving too)
-fixed a bug with the internal db (SinglePlayer, Replay only) [could lead to various errors]
-fixed a bug with watch-text (didn't clear the state-text)
-pitstatewindows are visible now (with #watch)
-added blueflags,spinning, controllost to eventmonitor
-eventmonitor doesnt show splittimes in a racesessions now (less events in race)
-skill_output afer spectate is delayed now, to avoid lfs-errors if the player has disconnected
-replay tries to use the playerlanguage now. Change the language in entryscreen to your needs (#lang)

RaceControlSystem
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG