The online racing simulator
colour coded LFS ranking
(11 posts, started )
colour coded LFS ranking
I think most people would agree that racing is most fun when you really really really want to win or do better than you did before....so, anything that was added to LFS which would give more of an incentive to improve would be welcome, right?

Here's my idea... Noobs are coded white (for example) you put in a few days and you're rewarded with a blue name.
as you improve and move up the LFS ladder you get to be purple.
Your PB gets to look fairly competent and your name turns red.
You progress on through a couple of leagues..you're starting to get some respect from other racers...you are now an 'orange'...cool! but you still envy those yellows it looks like you're going to have to put in a lot of practice to get there...but after a year you finally make it! hoorah! Face it, that's as far as you're going to go...or is it? you know of a few greens...why shouldn't you be one. sure it's going to take dedication but who knows? Of course, there is only one person with his name in black.....
Black names suck because you never now what it says in them. Your idea just doesnt work in LFS, it works in mp shooters and in WoW but not in LFS. It wouldnt mean that the best drivers would have the best ranks. And really, do we need colors to show who is fast who isnt, cntrl+F8 and compare with people's times in a server and you know how noobs/aliens they are
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Oh, how very deflating......I guess you may be right. I suppose I was thinking people would be more sporting than that and that it would just add an extra element to an already very compulsive game....
[quote=goode400]
as you improve and move up the LFS ladder you get to be purple.
Your PB gets to look fairly competent and your name turns red.
You progress on through a couple of leagues..you're starting to get some respect from other racers...you are now an 'orange'...cool! but you still envy those yellows it looks like you're going to have to put in a lot of practice to get there...but after a year you finally make it! hoorah! quote]

so it's like karate belts, only in reverse
It would be cool if it could be dynamic...each race changing your colour very subtly in the spectrum.
i dont see any purpose for that.
you dont even need lfsworld statistics to say what laptimes someone can do - couple of races is far enough to tell. if that rank would be based upon race statistics (not PBs) then mass of stat jerks will surely be enlarged.

what i still be suggesting is server option for PB range needed to join one. ppl who dont want to have any faster than them on their servers exist already as wreckers and banners. That would not change anything in that area. And theres enough possibilities (open servers, hotlapping) to upload your PB to lfsworld.
albeit dual core CPUs problem can sllightly affect hotlap times, but multigame on lfs server solves it.

edit: although your greenwich is 2 minutes ahead (and -2hrs)
no purpose?

well then tell me whats the purpose to measure a lap time then?
why do we have fun in lfs?
for the driving? the improving skill? the respect in beeing an alien? (sort of)...

sorry to laugh at you but the whole world compares in different values...

money, respect, power just to call a few.
racing sport very much IS about beeing faster than others.

otherwise this sort of sport wouldn't work...

sincerly
#8 - majik
There is no purpose since we measure the lap times. If we didnt do that, or didnt display the times, then the colors might have a purpose.
Quote from micha1980de :no purpose?

sincerly

sincerely i would read the post and some others' . that was about racers' statistics you can see on lfsworld as Blackout pointed out or during race you can see them at finish list.

i wasnt about laptiming but labelled ranking.

get off your rant somewhere else please.
Just look at the coffee stats in lfsworld, there are only stats freaks ...oval junkies. That makes the icon ridiculous...
Quote from AndRand :what i still be suggesting is server option for PB range needed to join one.

now that is a bloody good idea

as long as it does not make racing too selective, many people (like me) Learn on better lines, and improve mostly when racing people of a much higher ability, Rarely Now do i slow other drivers by my mistakes, but i still improve greatly when racing people 4secs a lap above my time , i fear although a bloody good idea, may lead to too much selectivity in the game, but.. still.. i wouldnt be against that option on a server

(sorry off topic again but hey, lol)

colour coded LFS ranking
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG