The online racing simulator
no helm and..
(10 posts, started )
no helm and..
it would be nice if u could choose with the helm skins, u could olso choose: no helm!it would be nice...or that you can make a helm skin...
and the glass of ur helm ur can color too...
and olso, like in lfs1 to change the sleeves.. like wearing a t-shirt.would fit with the helm idea...
#2 - Jakg
can already be done...
Isn't the helm something on a boat? And aren't we still playing lfs1?

1. Nobody in racing doesn't wear a helmet. It's pointless, and whilst you can hack it now it just ruins the look of replays. It'll be okay if someone can work out how to fix replays and give everyone the only sensible player model.

2. You can change the tint of the visor, but it's very subtle. In the bottom right of the helmet skin there is a little block that corresponds to th visor tint. I'd imagine that we'll get a better helmet at somepoint, with transparant visors and a skinnable face (yeah right)

3. Who races in a t-shirt. It would just look silly in a RACING simulator. Waste of programming time, even if it's just seconds.
well...good point....sorry, just came up with the idea and...u never know...
thanks for the visor u can change the tint.i dind't knew that...
#5 - joen
Quote from tristancliffe :Isn't the helm something on a boat? And aren't we still playing lfs1?

2. You can change the tint of the visor, but it's very subtle. In the bottom right of the helmet skin there is a little block that corresponds to th visor tint. I'd imagine that we'll get a better helmet at somepoint, with transparant visors and a skinnable face (yeah right)

Hm, didn't know the about the tint changing block. But I suck at helmet skinning anyway.
Skinnable faces would be cool though imo. But I'll be happy if they at least become a bit rounder.

Oh, and helm is dutch (or flemmish as belgians call the language while it's basically just a dutch dialect ) for helmet so he got that mixed up I guess.
#6 - Ian.H
Quote from tristancliffe :[ snip ]

1. Nobody in racing doesn't wear a helmet. It's pointless, and whilst you can hack it now it just ruins the look of replays. It'll be okay if someone can work out how to fix replays and give everyone the only sensible player model.

Can probably be done easily enough.. I've edited replay files many times in the past to replace skins on various cars

Regards,

Ian
ya tristan, its the.. steering wheel and the way he said it its.. confusing me
soz for cunfusing u
im belgium and speak dutch...i can typ english but i cant form good sentences
#9 - Ian.H
Your English is far better than my Dutch and was readable IMO

If you haven't found it already KM, this post has a link to a small tool I coded to enable you to remove the helmet and change the clothing of the driver (t-shirt & jeans style) in a similar way that it was possible in S1 days.

Enjoy :drink:

Regards,

Ian
thank you

no helm and..
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG