Face2Face - Head to Head Spin Off.
(66 posts, started )

Poll : Which combo would you like to be run in Face2Face?

UF1/FE1
RAC/AS2
SO6/FBM
AS1r/LX6
SO1r/FO8
Aye!
Also I don't understand that you said in the other thread - "We wanted to start it agan this week, but unfortunately I'm lack of time... etc. real life" (or something similar). There's nothing bad on it if you just don't have time for it, but you said "we" so I can't see why you have to be at it every time. If there was any team of more people, they could simply run it without you until you come back and have time for it.
Quote from Drift King CZ : There's nothing bad on it if you just don't have time for it, but you said "we" so I can't see why you have to be at it every time. If there was any team of more people, they could simply run it without you until you come back and have time for it.

Just on this point: The H2H system needs someone to look after it for an event; and the only person fully-trained to do this is Tim himself, as he created it. Me and de Souza have a pretty good idea on how it works, but Tim provides that extra buffer in case something goes wrong. As it was, we got through every event in the last season without a event-ending technical hitch thanks to advancements in the way the system backed itself up. But still, when things go wrong, you need someone to fix them!
Yes, InSim helps, but it's not neccessary.
Quote from Drift King CZ :Yes, InSim helps, but it's not neccessary.

If you want an event that takes less than 2 hours, it is! In the very beginnings, Tim was working through documents and bits of paper. The system puts drivers together in terms of time, not by a pre-set winner/loser ladder. So it did take quite a while to order all of the races, which led to some long events in the beginning.
Quote from Drift King CZ :Yes, InSim helps, but it's not neccessary.

The 13ish player event 'by hand' took about 2 hrs if I remember correctly. As calling people up by name is incredibly slow. And a lot more pressure on the admins to make sure to read the times correctly, do the math correctly and somewhat under pressure of time. I won't say it can't be done, after-all that was how the first events were even the start of the first series. The time for a 16 player event (with qualifying) takes less than 90 minutes if I remember correctly. Take the qualifying out and it would be close to half the time it took doing it by hand. But as Michael said, occasionally something odd does indeed happen with the system. It is not a necessity, but it helps keep things moving along at a steady pace, and with a lot less human error - assuming I didn't make errors in code.
Well, yea, that's eventually true. People might get bored of waiting too long.
And people still get impatient when they wait ~ 1 minute for a league race to start. "Can we race yet =\" "ready up?" "admins..." Imagine that ridiculous attitude flowing into H2H events. I'd flip-out if people started doing that. And that is what the system avoids!

But this event isn't being run in the same way; I imagine it's a winner/loser ladder system which will make it quicker than what we used to do, so what I just wrote isn't a criticism of this event.

We should probably give CSF his thread back now.
Yeszz

Let s hope it SO6/fbm
#35 - CSF
Admit it Passdaham you want us to fail...
See this is exactly why LFS is "dying"...

Someone wants to revive some good ol' racing that worked well before and people start moaning and crying...
Count me in.
But I must admit, that the combos should have been different. We drove those combos last time, so it would be interesting to have something different not the same combos all over again.

And I hate UF1, so I hope it won't be that combo, but it looks like it will, so I will still come to race just for fun.

Devildare - If you had put so much effort and time in to something, creating something original and someone comes and takes your idea without even talking to you or having any respect, then you would probably be pissed too. But since you don't know nothing about it, then you will never get it. I understand SRS team, but if CSF will really try hard and won't fak this up, then I think the SRS team should be proud of the thing, that everyone loves their idea so much that they help it to come back.

But there is no point arguing now. We will see how it goes tonight and then you can say whether there was a point of this or not.
#38 - CSF
LFS Community... waste of time.
Quote from andRo. :
Devildare - If you had put so much effort and time in to something, creating something original and someone comes and takes your idea without even talking to you or having any respect, then you would probably be pissed too. But since you don't know nothing about it, then you will never get it. I understand SRS team, but if CSF will really try hard and won't fak this up, then I think the SRS team should be proud of the thing, that everyone loves their idea so much that they help it to come back.

But there is no point arguing now. We will see how it goes tonight and then you can say whether there was a point of this or not.

I agree. However, they are not using the insim, nor are they using the name H2H. They are using the same format, yes, but that is not copyrighted or something.

Its like Le Mans and Spa 24h. Le Mans did it first, Spa did it the next year. However, I dont think Le Mans organisers started crying about it...

Stu-pid.
I agree, of course it's not copyrighted because then we could also say that we are stealing ideas from real life. It's just normal, but you still use lots of your time to make it work. One thing is to come up with the league by yourself and the other thing is to look at other leagues and make something similar. If this was just typical race with same rules and same things etc, like most of the leagues/events are, then nobody would give a sh*t. But this league differs from others and there has been only one of this kind so far, so that's why it makes so much mess.

This is none of my business, but I'm just saying how it is.
BTW, lets stop arguing and lets hope tonight's race will be fun.
#41 - CSF
Quote from andRo. :I agree, of course it's not copyrighted because then we could also say that we are stealing ideas from real life. It's just normal, but you still use lots of your time to make it work. One thing is to come up with the league by yourself and the other thing is to look at other leagues and make something similar. If this was just typical race with same rules and same things etc, like most of the leagues/events are, then nobody would give a sh*t. But this league differs from others and there has been only one of this kind so far, so that's why it makes so much mess.

I think it's obvious you have not read the OP clearly. We are just hosting a tribute sort of event to a wonderful series that is currently on hiatus. We are not claiming to have invented H2H, we are just trying to bring a bit of fun to what is quite a stale sim and a stale community.

Sadly this thread is now typical LFS forum waffle. We should have just invited some people and have be done with it.
Guys, (more DevilDare), CSF and I have already come to an agreement - it was a partial misunderstanding and poor choice of words. Considering you aren't even on the right track with what I was upset about, ignore it. I hope the event turns out well. I understand where CSF is coming from. Like I say, it was just the original wording/phrases and way it rubbed off. But that has been dealt with.

CSF - Is there a scheduled time chosen? Let me know.
#43 - CSF
Not yet, may be tonight, may be tomorrow. Will decide very very soon and PM folk.

My drunkeness last night didn't help either...
#44 - CSF
So 9pm BST ok for everyone? The server has been setup for FE1 UF1 and much fun is ready to be had by all.
Pants, tonight I can't do. Not that I'll really be missed, most likely a first round victim anyway. Good luck with it Chris
What is the server name?
#47 - CSF
Currently [SR] Race Server 1, but I expect Boothy will re-name when he bothers to come home.
I can do it now if you want?

Edit : server is called meh Face2Face
Quote from CSF :So 9pm BST ok for everyone? The server has been setup for FE1 UF1 and much fun is ready to be had by all.

Sounds good
Too late to say yes, and sign up?

Face2Face - Head to Head Spin Off.
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG