The online racing simulator
Face2Face - Head to Head Spin Off.
(66 posts, started )

Poll : Which combo would you like to be run in Face2Face?

UF1/FE1
RAC/AS2
SO6/FBM
AS1r/LX6
SO1r/FO8
#1 - CSF

*NP: This is not affilated in any way with SRS H2H, it is simply using the same format to remind the LFS community of the great racing that the series provided, something that is still badly missing from LFS today. BRING BACK H2H!!

Tonight meh Racing is proud to announce that we are going to attempt to pay homage to the H2H series in a bit of a spin off to remind the LFS community what great fun was had by competitors in 2008.

There will be no fancy insim feature, instead we we will be using the wonders of google docs!

We are going to run this one off event this weekend in the evening at some point, and want you, the drivers, to decide the track/car combo from the classic combo's of the past that the community has enjoyed.

We are looking for 16 people, so please sign up here.

CSF and Boothy
Padapapapapáááá im lovin it
Voted for FO8 shite. BTW you forgot mention the date meh.
meh hopes to beh deh (sign up form???)
#4 - CSF
If I wanted a load of shit I would ask for it... just say aye and you get a PM simples...
#5 - Seb66
aye
oui
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
EDIT: oi, this weekend, not able

Sign me up for other events, though.
eye aye!
#9 - IMOL
i'm vote for FBM SO6
I guess the test event will be tomorrow evening? I probably can't make it then if it isn't very late. :/

Sign me up for other events, though.

I obviously chose UF1/FE1, the combo I beat the almighty Nolan Scott at!!!!!
Someone needs to bring back a public server in this format. Used to be so fun.
Quote :
Tonight meh Racing is proud to announce that we are going to attempt to bring back the head2head format that worked so well for SRS, but in our own meh way... FACE2FACE Racing!

There will be no fancy insim feature, instead we we will be using the wonders of google docs!

We are going to run this one off event this weekend in the evening at some point, and want you, the drivers, to decide the track/car combo from the classic H2H combos...

There will, in accordance with H2H event history, a very small set of rules that will be posted very soon.

Please don't make it sound like this is associated with the Head-to-Head: Racing Series. I have been talking with others about running an event for me, but I haven't decided that yet - and I don't want this to have any association to the original H2H as I've put loads of work to get the reputation built up.
in pl0x
RAC/AS2 - it would be great, UF1/FE1 - too slow for this
#15 - CSF
Quote from blackbird04217 :Please don't make it sound like this is associated with the Head-to-Head: Racing Series. I have been talking with others about running an event for me, but I haven't decided that yet - and I don't want this to have any association to the original H2H as I've put loads of work to get the reputation built up.

Who said it did? Your building this into something it isn't. We just want to revive the concept for one little time only. Nothing to do with your system, its something anyone within LFS can do. Simples. If you want me to remove the h2h spin off I will, but quite honestly all we are trying to do is something fun for LFS based on something that quite honestly looks dead.
could say loads of stuff but will just say

In
<comments removed. Decided that this is not my argument to be in.>
Maybe The Stig can have a AssToAss comp.....
Quote from CSF :Who said it did? Your building this into something it isn't. We just want to revive the concept for one little time only. Nothing to do with your system, its something anyone within LFS can do. Simples. If you want me to remove the h2h spin off I will, but quite honestly all we are trying to do is something fun for LFS based on something that quite honestly looks dead.

I don't mind the idea behind you running an event with the style of a direct one vs one race to finish. Or using the general scheme. But I do mind the way you wrote the first post, which is too late to change now. My point is Head-to-Head isn't dead. I have plans for it, I just need to have the time available in my life to get to the point where I can run things without worrying that I would need to cancel an event because something came up. I'm sorry it feels dead for you. It has only been 1 year, and I wanted to turn things into an annual thing but guess not having the internet (for actually being able to run an event) means that everything I worked for is dead.

It's the sentiment behind how you came off. Using the combos choosen specifically from past H2H events. Mentioning "in accordance to H2H history" as if this was something H2H related. As said I don't mind someone hosting a spin-off event to keep things that aren't dead from 'dying'. In all seriousness, good luck running the event - just please make sure it is known that there is a difference and it isn't a spin-off from the original administrative team.

Quote from dekojester :I see no intent for the Head2Head format as it was when Tim and Passo ran it to be used exactly for Face2Face. The fundamental idea, however, is what is being used. You cannot stop someone from using the fundamental idea of the one on one format. The applications uses, associated logos, yes, but not the idea. A Copyright would extend to the manifestation of the idea, not the idea itself.

And, I highly doubt that this incarnation of the idea would harm the reputation of Head2Head.

The references I see to Head2Head here are to explain why this event is being run, and not to link it in any manner more than that.

I don't know why your thinking I am against the idea of someone else running a one vs one event. It was the association as if I was behind this idea by using the H2H name, mentioning the history and combos. By combos I don't mean to say I am against a race at any specific combo But to vote on/use combos specifically from previous H2H series - why not add other possibly interesting combos?

As for it harming/helping the reputation, that isn't for me, you or meh to decide. I'm just expressing my own concern, the feeling that came from reading the post. It really felt like it was aimed to 'seem' or 'feel' associated to Head-to-Head. Yet not in a way that was thankful or nice to it.

"attempt to bring back the head2head format that worked so well for SRS, but in our own meh way"

This feels like a thing of "it worked for them, so lets take it and put it in our own way" more than a nice mentioning / tribute to Head-to-Head. I think I'd have different feelings if it was done in a friendly way. And perhaps I'm reading into it too much, or not enough. Either way I explained a feeling I got, and I wanted to make sure that people were aware that it is in fact different from Head-to-Head. I will say Head-to-Head will come back, as a series and we will run it again. But honestly, I've been busy - and I haven't had the internet besides these last 6 weeks. In which 4 random weekends were spent in Maine where my car was getting fixed, my tooth needed to be pulled etc, etc...

I had plans to run something this weekend; tomorrow being my birthday and Sunday the day we were going to have an SRS:Birthday event. But we never decided and it got too late so nothing is going to happen anymore. Luckily, I won't be going "home" this weekend.

Sorry for the rant, but I hope that gives a little insight as to why I haven't been able to run even a single event like I really want to.

EDIT: CSF / Boothy - Just make it clear in the first post that this isn't affiliated in anyway with the Head-to-Head Events/Series.
#20 - CSF
You'd never be happy imo... I'm quite disappointed in your reaction... I would have thought you would have remembered the support and testing Boothy and I gave to your system and the time spent helping getting a server for H2H in the past for testing your system. Your post seems to mid understand what we are trying to do, in terms of remind LFS community what a great system you produced and what great racing you and your team provided...
Shut up both of you

@ CSF, I know you had the best of intentions and thought you were doing nothing wrong, but you cannot take the H2H idea, and market it as such, without permission.

If you had simply set this up with no mention of H2H, I guess Tim would have no problem as it was a one off event, but then again he might complain that you didn't mention the SRS H2H series?

@ Tim, the community has been waiting an awful long time for your H2H series to come back, as it is a great idea and well loved. Chris simply wanted to do a one off race in the spirit of your series to fill a gap. Please take it as a compliment and in the right way....

When you are ready to bring H2H back, the whole community, including CSF will be right behind you
Great laugh, really.

BTW, the combos are the same, so it isn't really too appealing.
At least someone is doing something.
if there's place i can come i think

(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG