The online racing simulator
What you think...
(38 posts, started )
Quote from mrodgers :Here in the US, what SidiousX and logitekg25 are speaking of doesn't bother me in the least. I live right near a highly traveled interstate in which at the only gas station I have local for me is packed with foreigners. I have no idea what nationality they are, but they come in very nice cars, dressed very nice, and pull out wads of cash to pay for their stuff. When I say wads, I'm talking 3 inch thick at least of folded in half bills. I wish I knew where they got their money and where they are all traveling to because I'd like in on it too, but.....

Folks speaking their languages doesn't bother me. I've worked through the years with several folks from Japan and several folks from Mexico. Japan is where the parent company is, and we frequently have folks from our Mexico plant visit. My previous boss was from Japan and he took the joking well when he would talk to us, in English, and we would joke about not understanding him. The guys from Mexico would start talking amongst themselves and we'd jokingly yell at them that we speak English in this country.

What bothers me is, any time I have to call anywhere on the phone, I have to sit and listen to everything on the automated system in English, then listen to it all in Spanish. It drives me crazy when I have to listen to "For blah blah blah, press 1." then it repeats in Spanish. "For blah blah blah, press 2" then repeats in Spanish, and I have to listen to all of it because inevitably it will be the option 7 that I need. Even products on the store shelves, everything is written in English, then in Spanish underneath it. It's not the folks that are hear legally that is the problem, it is the damn government catering to the illegal immigrants as they are the ones who can't speak the language of this country.

thats the point i was making when i said the people who speak their own language and try to make everyone use it..they are the reason the phone is like that, and some signs are like that
#27 - AMB
Quote from DevilDare :Well you tell me. We were chatting and they walked by and started giving us lessons...

They were the ones who started everything...

Well some people like to start trouble and look for any opportunity and even the tiniest of things to 'set' them off,
so obviously you encountered some 'chavs' most likely and if that's the case then they aren't worth the clothes they walk in.
40+ year old "chavs". Lovely.
#29 - 5haz
Quote from DevilDare :Uhm.... I have every right to disagree with someone.... Its called having a discussion, you know...?

The smiley is not necessary imo and you tend to use it every time you respond to a post which you don't agree with. It just gives the impression that you disrespect whoever it is you're talking to. The same goes for the sarcasm.
#31 - AMB
Quote from DevilDare :40+ year old "chavs". Lovely.

Yeah, trust me, why do you think most kids are 'chavs' it's not always what they learn off their mates, it's normally the parents who are just as bad, there's plenty around here and most don't know any better than to basically live off dole money, do drugs, get drunk and fight etc, but there are a few who don't turn out like that.
Mhm. I guess you're right.
Quote from mrodgers :
What bothers me is, any time I have to call anywhere on the phone, I have to sit and listen to everything on the automated system in English, then listen to it all in Spanish. It drives me crazy when I have to listen to "For blah blah blah, press 1." then it repeats in Spanish. "For blah blah blah, press 2" then repeats in Spanish, and I have to listen to all of it because inevitably it will be the option 7 that I need. Even products on the store shelves, everything is written in English, then in Spanish underneath it. It's not the folks that are hear legally that is the problem, it is the damn government catering to the illegal immigrants as they are the ones who can't speak the language of this country.

I agree with this statement. I don't know about your area where you live, but the hispanic immigrants where I live, they ONLY speak spanish, they act like nobody else exists, unless they need something from you, they take take take and don't give back, and they have absolutely no manners or common courtesy at all. I'm not trying to be racist against the hispanics(I have hispanic friends...) but there are alot of asian immigrants in my area as well. But they try their hardest speaking english, sometimes you can't understand their accent, but they actually learned the language themselves, they are also extremely respectful people, have tons of manners, now I respect that.
Everyone should speak English.

No exceptions.

/thread.
Quote from speedway :What do I think?

I think someone couldnt keep his mouth shut when it would have been smart to do so.

I agree with you.

It was obvious they were hostile towards foreign people, so you should not have responded to them, even if it was just to say "move on". They wanted a reaction from you, and that is exactly what they got.

Edit: LOL @ Dawes. You reminded me of this...

The thing is, I said "move on" when they were already approaching us.

Dont think ignoring them would of worked.

@ Dawe. Everyone must speak English now because Dawe has said so.
You never mentioned they were approaching you in the first post, only "having a go at you". Nevertheless, I would not of said anything until it was completely necessary. You still riled them up.
#38 - STF
Is it not a matter of choice? Why are some folks keen on telling others what to do. Maybe they like eavesdropping other people`s conversations?

I can`t think of a valid reason, the "you`re talking shit about me in another language" doesn`t really have much logic.

Should have accused them of attempting to violate your privacy, and hear their explanation.

What you think...
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG