The online racing simulator
#1 - Zay
G25 Pedal stiffness(help!)
Ok, I am wondering if anybody could help me out, about my brake pedal stiffness on my G25, let me explain my problem.
Ok, so last night I was playing on LFS and everything was fine. Then, when I woke up this morning, I noticed that the brake pedal had gotten way easier to push down, almost as easy as the throttle. Is there any way to fix this without taking the pedals apart?(as I'd probably just mess it up even further)
Thanks in advance,
zay
Sounds to me like the spring has either come off it's guide or has collapsed. Does the pedal have any excess movement, like side to side?
#3 - Zay
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Sounds to me like the spring has either come off it's guide or has collapsed. Does the pedal have any excess movement, like side to side?

No, only about 1 millimetre,if that, and the throttle and cluth also have 1 millimetr movement, so im assuming thats normal.
if i'm not mistaken, the gas pedal is just a spring, whereas the brake pedal also has a hydraulic component... did it lose containment? i'm not sure if they use fluid or gas, but a puddle of goo on the floor might be a good indication.
I thought the brake was just a spring, like the clutch and accelerator. Could be wrong though...
#6 - ZanZi
For all the three g25 pedals are used springs, only the brake one is bit stiffer therefore stronger. The tubes are required so there will be no side to side motion while some "drivers" treat them bad, example - drifters.

If the spring has snapped you should look up your warranty and try to find the local logitech dealer or send mail explaining what the problem is. Dont open the pedals yet tho (if u haven't done it already) because they might ask for some proof that the warranty is still valid by asking for pictures of the screw heads that hold the whole pedal unit in one peace. But if you've already sticked your nose inside to see "how it's made" im not sure what could be done but still have a chat with logitech's support.

That said is based on knowledge from my teammates who had similar pedal problems in the past.
#7 - Zay
No, I made the mistake of not getting a warranty, but I'll try to either call or mail them to see if they will help me and tell me what to do to fix it, or I'll just leave it as is, as its not a major, major problem, but it does feel a little unconfortable.
#8 - Zay
Hmm, I just remembered something. Don't G25's come with an automatic warranty for 2 years? Ive had mine for 3 quarters of a year.
why yes they do, as long as it was made less then 2 years ago

but i thought it was one year
#10 - Zay
Hmm, ok then, how do I tell when this one was made? Is there like, a date or something somewhere?
call up logitech and tell then the serial number, their customer service is amazing...so maybe they will even give you a new one if they are not suppossed to
#12 - Zay
Ok, I'll try that. Weres the serial?
actually email them, its alot easier to keep it on record, incase you decide to threaten to take legal action

and its all underneath the wiring harness in the bottom of the wheel
IMPORTANT!!!

it has nothing to do when the wheel was made. it could of been sitting in a shop for a year before you bought it. the warranty starts from the day of purchase. hense them asking you to provide proof of purchase. (that's one for you to learn too logitechg25)

now back to the thread.
call them first. they will ask you for a seriel number found on the wheel. they will also ask you when you purchased the wheel. you tell them the date and they will then offer to replace the unit for you(that's if you are within the 2 year warranty window). this is usually the G27 wheel as they don't seem to be making the G25 now.
they will also ask you for your email address so that they can start the 2nd stage of their warranty process.
the 2nd stage is them asking you (via email) to send them your proof of purchase. they will also ask you for your address so that they can send out a new wheel.
the process should take no longer than a 7-10 days depending on how good the shipping company is.
#15 - Zay
Wow, thats great! Thanks for your help guys! I'll do that when I have some time.
Zay
my brake gets weaker and weaker too....but i thought thats just what springs doo over time

and my wheel makes bad sounds

il try my luck too, even though its been more then a year, and i thought it was only a 1 year warranty

if i dont get one, no big deal...i even had a conversation about opening it up and modding it with the guy from technical service :banghead::chairfall
#17 - Zay
Yeh, but my brake has lost almost all of its stiffness, and is now only a little stronger than the throttle, but I have only had it for 3 quarters of a year:P And yes, mine is just starting, like a week ago, to get noisier too, and I havnt even used it overly much:P
well they will almost definately give you a new one, and for me...well i can hope

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG