The online racing simulator
Server report Controller (Keyboard / Wheel)
I plan to hold a bit of a contest and it hinges on being able to tell if someone is using keyboard/mouse. I know I could filter based on controls with Airio but I'd like to allow all users in the race. ideally I'd like to be able to see what controls a user is on at any given moment but I'd settle for the server reporting controls on join like I've seen some do (Lapper?)

Anyone have any solutions? (I'd rather not run lapper if possible)
Propably PFL pachet in InSim can help you.
Quote from GobLox :I plan to hold a bit of a contest and it hinges on being able to tell if someone is using keyboard/mouse. I know I could filter based on controls with Airio but I'd like to allow all users in the race. ideally I'd like to be able to see what controls a user is on at any given moment but I'd settle for the server reporting controls on join like I've seen some do (Lapper?)

Anyone have any solutions? (I'd rather not run lapper if possible)

Hi,
You can always see what kind of controller someone is using by pressing the "N" till you see the connection box.

And with Lapper its posible to detect what kind of controller someone used and you can do something with that. ( Show a text or spectate or put in a database. )

#################
#Control Allowed#
#################
# Racer flags
# "Y" = Yes
# "N" = No
# "*"" = Yes or No
# Local variable
#-------------------------------------------------------------------
$SwapSide = "*";
$AutoGears = "*";
$Shifter = "*";
$HelpBrake = "*";
$AxisClutch = "*";
$AutoClutch = "*";
$Mouse = "*";
$KbNoHelp = "*";
$KbStabilised = "*";
$CustomView = "*";

Event OnNotMatchFlags( $userName ) # Player event
privMsg(langEngine( "%{main_nomatchflag}%" ) );
privMsg(langEngine( "%{main_yourflag}%" , GetCurrentPlayerVar("PlayerFlags") ) );
privMsg(langEngine( "%{main_yourflag}%" , GetLapperVar( "RequiredFlags" ) ) );
privMsg(langEngine( "%{main_spectated}%" ) );
cmdLFS("/spec " . GetCurrentPlayerVar("UserName") );
EndEvent

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG