The online racing simulator
Mobo to fit a shuttle case?
(10 posts, started )
Hi,

I am thinking of building one of those micro pc's (cube/shuttle) just wondering if any micro atx board will fit in a shuttle case?

or will I need specific board to fit?
AFAIK, all of those little shuttle cases come with their own motherboard, at least all of the ones I've seen.
Yeah, they are usually sold as complete base units rather than just cases. Although I find small cases a complete pain to work with (physically), overheat unless you're careful, and aren't tall enough to server as a proper foot-rest. So I can't see their benefit over proper systems.
I believe that the Shuttle boxes are mini-itx. Although I could be wrong.
#5 - Jakg
Quote from the_angry_angel :I believe that the Shuttle boxes are mini-itx. Although I could be wrong.

think your right
Shuttle cases come with their own mobo, as they are designed to complement the case. The idea being that it will help with the battle for airflow. More often then not it fails.

You can buy them in barebone form (a case, mobo and PSU, you just add what you want), which comes in a range of sockets, or a ready to run system.
I am looking to get one without its own mobo as they are usualy outdated.

looking to fit a micro Atx Pci-e board into one.

I have seen new casebuy cases for 50quid on ebuyer

might look at AOpen though
Attached images
caseby.JPG
Those use micro-atx, and can be a pain in the ass at times to get good airflow.
change of heart
I have come to the conclusion that a case is "just a box to put your hardware in"

& I should spend my money on some decent hardware instead.

by the way how much quicker is your 64 system compared to the old XP?

I have a thread going on this if ur interested:http://www.totalbf2.com/forums ... d.php?p=989311#post989311
Indeed it is, but good cases are of better build quality, which means they don't vibrate as much, as such make less noise. Most good cases are also designed to have good airflow.

My XP had to be 500MHz faster then the A64 to be the same power.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG