The online racing simulator
**** you Apple
(37 posts, started )
I guess. I never had any iPhone OS based devices until the 3GS, so I've always had the fastest. It'd be interesting to see if I played a game like real racing or something on the older iPhone vs my iPhone.
#27 - th84
What do you expect from a company who adds so revolutionary features like multitasking, backgrounds, video recording and now bringing video calling to the world. Like we didn't have it for like 4-5 years or what? Also you had to wait until iOS 4 to be able to make playlists on an iPod which is meant to be the king of mp3 players. Funny. And/or pathetic.
Quote from trebor901 :When Apple announced IOS4 they said the only thing the 3g didnt support was the multitasking but it doesnt support the backgrounds on the main page either.

I think you'll find they did state that it wouldn't support home screen wallpapers...
.. You've been able to make playlists on the iPod from I think the original iPod. Just no having naming.. It's always exist, just called "on the go".

If you say Video Calling has been around... It really hasn't. It might as well be getting invented by the iPhone becasue at this stage.. it's non-existant for use in North America. People could buy dumbphones like 5 years ago with it, but because it was retardedly expensive.. it went away. Now the iPhone will bring it back becuase everyone seems to have a data plan, and shock.. it might even be used!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :.. You've been able to make playlists on the iPod from I think the original iPod. Just no having naming.. It's always exist, just called "on the go".

I'm talking about the iPod touch, since it uses the same OS as the iPhone. And no, you couldn't create or edit playlist on the device until now.

Quote :
If you say Video Calling has been around... It really hasn't. It might as well be getting invented by the iPhone becasue at this stage.. it's non-existant for use in North America. People could buy dumbphones like 5 years ago with it, but because it was retardedly expensive.. it went away. Now the iPhone will bring it back becuase everyone seems to have a data plan, and shock.. it might even be used!

It has been there, just at the wrong time. And no, Apple did not invent it. They have a good PR managers who can sell everything to almost anybody. I don't say it's a bad decision to advertise video calling with today's low price data plans, but don't say it's revolutionary and don't advertise it like they invented it.

I'm no Apple guy, nor I can assmilate with this whole snob hype. I have my PC with windows, and my phone with a slow ass symbian. I know what they know and what I can expect from them. And Apple knows how to sell junk to the americans. It's a wonderful device in many aspects, but it has so many downsides that in the end it ends up more negative than positive. You can disagree, since thats only my personal opinion, but it has some truth.
... Yes you have been able to. Since the original, old, white, clickwheel iPod. They were just called "on the go" playlists. iPhone has had "On the Go" playlists since its original conception too. It's just now that you can name them stuff, rather than them being "On the go 1..".

I do acknowledge that Video calling has existed. Nowhere did I say it was "NEW" by Apple. What I am saying however, is becuase it didn't gain mass adoption in the past (atleast in North America).. It might as well be a "new" feature due to the former adoption of it. With iPhones supporting it, there's a large amount of people who will have a video call capable phone, so they might actually use it.

I kno you have your opinion too, but honestly.. Sure Apple stuff might have downsides, but the best bit of it all, is it simply works with little intervention. The apps and hardware aren't spectacular. The implentation however, where it is all fluid. Apps look and feel relatively consistent. The iPhone platform isn't just about having power in the apps, it's about everything feeling coherent. Where any 3rd party apps will feel similar in quality and behaviour to a 1st party app.

OSX has that same goal, however because OSX is a larger platform, with more legacy code, along with a lot of different approaches that "work".. the consistency suffers.
Seems like I'm the only one who couldn't live with the restrictions and downsides of an iDevice. I feel special

edit: the iPod Touch does it's job Ok tho.
Honestly.. If you can't live with the restrictions.. Jailbreak it. I used to Jailbreak becuase multitasking was important.. but that kinda changed with the advent of OS4 coming to release. It does what I need it to do. I either am texting, browsing the internet casually, or making phone calls. There's apps for me to do some of the less common tasks on my phone, like MSN, SSH/VNC or IRC. Then there's a pretty slick selection of games, from GTA to basic stuff like labyrinth.

Yes an iDevice does things differently, but other than the Flash thing, it doesn't really do anything less.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It'd be interesting to see if I played a game like real racing or something on the older iPhone vs my iPhone.

I had an iPhone 2G: when I used it, it felt smooth, fast and better than anything else.
After a year and a half, I bought a 3Gs, it still feels smooth, faster, and better than anything else. So, you can say, no improvements, it's the same.

If I put my old 2G (now my mother's) and my 3Gs together and try to do the same things, the 2G is 1-2 seconds slower than my 3Gs in normal use, if you play games it's nowhere near.
My mate's 3G can be put somewhere in the middle, but nearer the 2G.

So, a faster processor and more ram, it DOES make a difference, even on the iDevices xD

BTW, I just tried to create a playlist on my iPhone (it still has iPhone OS 3.1.3). Yes, you can create an On-The-Go playlist, but only one at a time. If you want to create another one, you have to erase the first one or create one with iTunes on your Mac/PC. Now with iOS 4, no more iTunes!

To the creator of the topic: FROM THE BEGINNING Apple has stated that some features weren't to be going on the 3G, like multitasking, AND wallpapers. When the jailbreak will come out, you will be able to have both, though.
What I want you to remind, is that the iPhone 3G is a 2 year old phone. Nokia stops giving older phones software updates in less than 6 months, and it's more that can be said of Motorola, Samsung etc.

Then, if it slowed down your iPhone, try restoring, not upgrading. Be sure to make a manual backup (iTunes -> Left side of the screen, right-click your device -> Backup).
If you won't be losing anything, it's even better to configure it as a new iPhone.

Then, if you don't like how Apple does this things, it's only your fault. When I bought my $399 iPhone 2G 8GB with iPhone OS 1.1.4, I knew perfectly well what it had, what it didn't have, and that it would be upgraded to a new version next year. Same with my 699€ 3Gs.
I can't have iMovie. Well, my phone is a year old, and I know it CAN'T hardware-wise. Just take it like it is.
Quote from hrtburnout :Why does Snoop Dogg always carry an umbrella?

Fo' drizzle!

edit: nevermind, didn't see the white text
#37 - Osco

**** you Apple
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG