The online racing simulator
**** you Apple
(37 posts, started )
**** you Apple
When Apple announced IOS4 they said the only thing the 3g didnt support was the multitasking but it doesnt support the backgrounds on the main page either. Completely pointless update that took 2 hours to install and has made my iphone slower than anything ive ever used
#3 - Fuse5
congrats
is that all?
We need Dustin to get on this case!
Were you expecting more from Apple?
Suck it up.

The reason being is becuase the OS4 doesn't just do simple shadowing. It actually layers about 4 or so different layers of shadow per icon, to make it look really pretty. the 3G just can't do it spec wise. Go buy a new iPhone 4.
So, ziggy, you're teammates with the original poster?

Explain, is he your [noobs] Matt equivalent?
That's why you jailbreak which enables the multitasking etc.
Quote from avellis :So, ziggy, you're teammates with the original poster?

Explain, is he your [noobs] Matt equivalent?

He does go on a lot of rants.

Check out his posts on F1 and especially Button (IIRC).
Backgrounds are overrated anyways. I still prefer the plain black, not that ****ing waterdrop shower door that it comes with by "default".
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Suck it up.

The reason being is becuase the OS4 doesn't just do simple shadowing. It actually layers about 4 or so different layers of shadow per icon, to make it look really pretty. the 3G just can't do it spec wise. Go buy a new iPhone 4.

Can you answer to this.. Who the hell needs to have 4 layers of shadow for an icon just to make it look pretty but slower!? errr...
Well it's not like there's a bunch of azns in my phone, that can draw the pixels, it has to be done progmatically, which means layering several bits on top to make it look a'ight.

So, fo shizzle my nizzle fo shadowing on my OS4-sho.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well it's not like there's a bunch of azns in my phone, that can draw the pixels, it has to be done progmatically, which means layering several bits on top to make it look a'ight.

So, fo shizzle my nizzle fo shadowing on my OS4-sho.

Why does Snoop Dogg always carry an umbrella?

Fo' drizzle!

O2 have said i can have a iphone 4 if i pay off the rest of my current contract
Quote from trebor901 :O2 have said i can have a iphone 4 if i pay off the rest of my current contract

Then stop complaining. On my 3GS, OS4 is loads faster, and has tonnes of neat things. Suck it up and deal with the improvements OS4 did bring you, like a lot more features that developers can use, and then get a ****ing iPhone 4. Or just buy one outright for the 800$ CDN.

That is pretty much bs, I have OS4 on my iPod touch 2g running perfectly fine with multi task etc..
Jailbreaking.. big deal.

If you know speedwise, the backgrounder method of multitasking makes stuff run slow, on the 3G based iPhones.. the 3GS (which has the faster CPU and GPU).. backgrounder isn't a big deal.

There's a good reason that those iPhones don't have multitasking. Speed and battery life. Remember they also only have 128MB of RAM, rather than the 256 of the 3GS (and the 512 of the iPhone 4).
i had a feeling that something like this would happen. it was suggested on slashdot a few days ago that there would be a mass iphone replacement going on. people don't like what they did to IP3, so they make people go out and buy IP4.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Then stop complaining. On my 3GS, OS4 is loads faster, and has tonnes of neat things. Suck it up and deal with the improvements OS4 did bring you, like a lot more features that developers can use, and then get a ****ing iPhone 4. Or just buy one outright for the 800$ CDN.

apart from the fact im not gonna buy out my contract because that would cost me £600 +
Then buy the phone outright for probably 3 or 400?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Jailbreaking.. big deal.

If you know speedwise, the backgrounder method of multitasking makes stuff run slow, on the 3G based iPhones.. the 3GS (which has the faster CPU and GPU).. backgrounder isn't a big deal.

There's a good reason that those iPhones don't have multitasking. Speed and battery life. Remember they also only have 128MB of RAM, rather than the 256 of the 3GS (and the 512 of the iPhone 4).

I'm not using backgrounder, it's the official os4 multitasking enabled by jailbreaking
Hm, I think I need to jailbreak my iPhone.. check out some terminal action behind the scenes. top = favourite app ever
yes fakk apple,thats why i jailbraked every single shit they made. why buy new itouch when all the V1 needs is a software? who cares about micro.
You're actually gonna say that a 1st generation iPod touch, with the 400 MHz ARM11, 128MB Ram with some PowerVR light GFX chip, is going to be able to be equal in performance and ability to the new iPod touches, which have a 600 MHz Cortex-A8, with a better PowerVR chip, and 256MB Ram.

Not everything is solved with software, if it was We'd still be running 386's.
i could really care less about mhz's,i can get apps,games and runs perfectly smooth. all i need ty.

**** you Apple
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG