The online racing simulator
LFS Big problem!
(20 posts, started )
LFS Big problem!
I have come across some weird problem that i can find no one else has...
I CAN run lfs, I CANNOT play multiplayer (all i play)
I CANNOT get onto Lfs.net/Lfsforums.net (Im on my lappy)
Its REALLY confusing.. About 3 - 4 weeks ago i couldnt get on and it says - Cannot Connect To Master Server. So i thought okay ill check forums.. then i cant even get on any lfs site.. (says error connecting to webpage)

[Oh and im on the same I.P on my lappy as my desktop(obviously)]

Things ive tried to fix -
-Turned AV off (same a.v as the lappy im using now..)
-Turned Firewall off
-Rebooted several times
-Searched several posts/threads about fixing "master server problem"
but its like i have one of a kind...

I read the thread that says u need to post your ping etc.. so i did it on the comp that its not working on and it just comes up with, "Ping request could not find host master.liveforspeed.net. Please check the name and try again. Unable to resolve target system name master.liveforspeed.net"

Any help? ive already asked this on Yahoo Answers and.. no answers..

Pleeaasee ??
#2 - amp88
Simple question...is the Internet working on your machine (can you ping or visit other websites successfully)?
Quote from amp88 :Simple question...is the Internet working on your machine (can you ping or visit other websites successfully)?

lol true, yeah its working and i have been using it for the past weeks.. (msn myspace facebook) y'know :P
How is that problematic PC connected to the Internet? Are there any other sites you have problems connecting to?
Quote from MadCatX :How is that problematic PC connected to the Internet? Are there any other sites you have problems connecting to?

my desktop pc (the troubled one) is connected through a wired connection.
the lappy im on is wireless, And i can run every single site exept for LFS.
#6 - senn
what version of LFS are you running?
#7 - amp88
Have you tried pinging "213.40.20.2" (the IP to which master.liveforspeed.net resolves) directly?
This sounds like a problem with the DNS to me. Could you run "Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig /all" both on the desktop and PC and post the results? Am I correct assuming that your PC and laptop are connected via a wireless router?
Quote from senn :what version of LFS are you running?

I am running the 0.5Z28 Patch at the moment.

"This sounds like a problem with the DNS to me. Could you run "Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig /all" both on the desktop and PC and post the results? Am I correct assuming that your PC and laptop are connected via a wireless router?"

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . : VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . : 00-16-E6-6D-99-18
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2435:4048:40bc:4bd1%7(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.1.2(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . .. . : 255.0.0.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . : Thursday, 17 June 2010 6:40:02 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . : Friday, 18 June 2010 1:40:02 AM
Default Gateway . . .. . . . . : 10.1.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . .. . . : 10.1.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . .. . : 93.188.162.194
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . Enabled

Yes i have a wireless router, for the lfs computer its wired and for the laptop its wireless.

"Have you tried pinging "213.40.20.2" (the IP to which master.liveforspeed.net resolves) directly? "

how? lol :P

I will answer back to your replys in a couple of hours.. i need to get some sleep :P Thanks alot for all your help so far people.
Quote from Ozzy Ditto :"Have you tried pinging "213.40.20.2" (the IP to which master.liveforspeed.net resolves) directly? "

how? lol :P

Just type "ping 213.40.20.2" into command prompt and hit enter. You should be familiar with how to ping addresses since you said you tried to in the first post.
If you compare the "ipconfig /all" output from the desktop and laptop, do they look the same or is there a difference other than IP address?
Quote from amp88 :Just type "ping 213.40.20.2" into command prompt and hit enter. You should be familiar with how to ping addresses since you said you tried to in the first post.

yeah but instead of doing it myself some guy suggested a .bat to me and it automatically did it for me.. anyway, i pinged 213.40.20.2 and it says
Reply from 213.40.20.2: bytes=32 time=371ms TTL=44
Reply from 213.40.20.2: bytes=32 time=369ms TTL=44
Reply from 213.40.20.2: bytes=32 time=370ms TTL=44
Reply from 213.40.20.2: bytes=32 time=370ms TTL=44
Packets sent = , Recieved = 4. Lost = 0

"If you compare the "ipconfig /all" output from the desktop and laptop, do they look the same or is there a difference other than IP address?"
The DNS is different, everything else is the same.
DNS on lappy = 10.1.1.1
DNS on problematic pc - 93.188.166.133

thx
93.188.166.133 is in the ukraine, if whois is correct. could you have picked up a virus/malware that changed your dns entries?
Quote from bunder9999 :93.188.166.133 is in the ukraine, if whois is correct. could you have picked up a virus/malware that changed your dns entries?

hmm idk mate ive had a few.. how do i fix it/change it?
Quote from Ripley :Start with running a deep scan for malware on your laptop...
What OS do you have on it?

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
http://www.superantispyware.com/

thanks heaps, i am using superantispyware and it works great (in 10 mins, 203 threats detected, LOL, got so much mywebsearch trojan things they are so annoying)
oh and.... guess what i got 6 of... LOL, "Trojan.DNS-Changer (Hi-jacked DNS)" lol.
So i deleted it and... YES IT F****** WORKS!!!! HHAHAHAHAHAA
Thanks so much guys i appreciate everysingle one of yous!!!

Thanks so much!!
nvm
Quote from Ozzy Ditto :my laptop? i think you mean my comp that lfs doesnt work on with the weird dns? anyway i have windows vista 32 bit on both.

Yes of course I meant whichever pc you had the problem on...
Glad you solved it!
If you've had spyware, I wouldn't trust that all the stuff had been removed and everything was fine - I suggested backing up your important data and doing a reformat...

LFS Big problem!
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG