The online racing simulator
I guess Hendric Motorsports has not been able to addapt to the new spoiler in the laset bit. Mark Martin has gone from top 10 easily every week to fighting for top 20's

If not for pitting immedietly after getting laped he wouldn't have even gotten close to 16th.

Either way, at Pocono did anybody else notice the Kasey Kahne hit a tree ?

Sonoma this weekend, probably more than a few people excited in this area about the road course I love racing road courses, but I don't exactly enjoy watching them as much as ovals. Maybe banked road courses for higher speeds and less braking would bunch them all up.
Quote from Cornys :Either way, at Pocono did anybody else notice the Kasey Kahne hit a tree ?

Kasey Kahne is so anti green, he hit a tree.
Was at Michigan this weekend, two Nascar races in a row and two wins for Denny. Maybe he should start flying me to races and he'll keep on winning.
W3wt, RBR dropped mears.
I hope Ekstrom does well. I dont know about you but I would love to see him in NASCAR and do well too
Quote from lizardfolk :I hope Ekstrom does well. I dont know about you but I would love to see him in NASCAR and do well too

I knew this was going to happen, I'm positive that they will put him in for the rest of the season if he does well. And can we hope for a third RBR car?
Quote from SidiousX :I knew this was going to happen, I'm positive that they will put him in for the rest of the season if he does well. And can we hope for a third RBR car?

Nah, Ekstrom wants to finish his business with DTM for now. I mean he's missing the Watkins Glen race because it clashes with a DTM event. He might show up again in some random oval races if he does well.

But I dont see him in any other nascar event even if he does well.

Maybe if he wins DTM again he'll seriously consider going to nascar full time.
Damnit, now reed sorenson is gonna be piloting the 83. One bad substitute fills in for another.
I think Sorenson might be able to do a better job than Mears.
Bring back Ward Burton ...............

I just isn't fair.... even after the years have passed....
Bring back the #22 CAT car also.

Hell bring back the early 90s NASCAR actually. It was so much better
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Bring back the #22 CAT car also.

Hell bring back the early 90s NASCAR actually. It was so much better

Get rid of CoT, make a CoY; car of yesterday and make the cars at Infineon and Watkins Glen drive the whole track instead of the bastardised NASCAR shortened versions.
Quote from hansonator69 :make the cars at Infineon and Watkins Glen drive the whole track instead of the bastardised NASCAR shortened versions.

Honestly, the other versions of infineon don't look ideal for NASCAR, alot of tight,winding turns, these cars don't really like those types of turns. Though I would love to see NASCAR run the watkins glen boot.
I loved it when they used to run the carousel at Infineon.

Ekstrom failing pretty hard in quali and practice...
They should use the other configuration its way better then the 90 degree corner and the medium straight they use now.
I want those cars with the funky wings back, if i wanted to watch a car with a box as a front grill and a spoiler looking wall thing on the back, id watch the Trucks.
Thank you now everytime you see the car you will think its a truck with a wing.
My work here is done.
Quote from SidiousX :I knew this was going to happen, I'm positive that they will put him in for the rest of the season if he does well. And can we hope for a third RBR car?

Well, at the moment it doesn't look like he's going to be doing too great. Cars that have a ton of horse power and a ton of weight are an entirly different type of animal compaired to every other kind of car that is road raced.

It will deffinitly be a tough transition to that, as well as with the change of racing style from foreign motorsports. I'm not the most familiar with foreign motorsports, but it seems like NASCAR is a lot more of a contact event. I may be wrong here though.

Closest thing to this would be semi racing that's done in Australia

Oh, and AstroBoy: I like the Spoiler better, but the front end needs to go. I actually like the NationWide CoT's that have the debut at Daytona on July 2nd.
Quote from Cornys :

It will deffinitly be a tough transition to that, as well as with the change of racing style from foreign motorsports. I'm not the most familiar with foreign motorsports, but it seems like NASCAR is a lot more of a contact event. I may be wrong here though.

Yeah well Ekstrom has said that the NASCAR CoT is a very wheel spin happy machine. I mean it's going to be rough coming from DTM as DTM has so much more downforce than the stock car due to the millions of wings. Plus (according to Ekstrom) you can be very aggressive with the throttle in the DTM car, and NASCAR fans know that this isn't the case at all with the stock cars.

This also makes DTM much more fragile of a car. (and thus the series is much less prone to contact). So yeah, your speculation on Ekstrom's situation is fairly correct. However, if Ekstrom had come from WTCC or especially BTCC and V8 Supercar, then hard contact/rubbing wouldn't be so alien
Ekström's had a big day at Virginia Raceway Testings, inofficially beating Juan Pablo Montoya... It's going to be the first NASCAR race since the Daytona 500 I want to watch, though I watched the Infineon Race the last two years...

For now, I wait to see the finale of the epic battle between Edwards and Villeneuve... very nice racing

EDIT: Edwards day... I'd say...
EDIT2: Too bad for Villeneuve... was a nice race so far for him...
Quote from lizardfolk :This also makes DTM much more fragile of a car. (and thus the series is much less prone to contact). So yeah, your speculation on Ekstrom's situation is fairly correct. However, if Ekstrom had come from WTCC or especially BTCC and V8 Supercar, then hard contact/rubbing wouldn't be so alien

I still can't put my finger on what makes touring car racing so entertaining...

panel rubbing, contact, crashes

2010 NASCAR Talk
(735 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG