The online racing simulator
#26 - troy
No they don't, you paid once and got LFS in it's current state, everything else is just a bonus, you should read the license agreement.
Quote from BoneCrusher :Yes they do, I'm one of their paying customers and like to be treated like one.

And you are, aren't you?
#28 - 5haz
I didn't see a guarentee of new content/development in the LFS terms and conditions.
Quote from jerry springer :

now just a few things to say before i start with my final thought.

-i am not a 'fanboy'.
-i am human also.
-i am entilted to my opnion as are you.
-just because i do not have a big post count does not make my opnion less important and i plan on being more active on the forums now.
-this is not a thread that is to be flamed.
-release dates of the vws and physics or talk of them are not to be said please.
-the reason i am doin this is beacuse of my feelings of some of the things that have been said here.
-we are all equal .

jerry jerry jerry!
Quote from troy :No they don't, you paid once and got LFS in it's current state, everything else is just a bonus, you should read the license agreement.

Yes they do, the license agreement is about getting updates, not about keeping us posted on progress. The plan with LFS has always been, S1, S2, S3. I don't care if S3 is ever going to be released or not, but leaving us in the dark, that attitude I will not accept. I won't buy S3 because of that, even if it's going to be released at all (don't worry, it won't)
Quote from BoneCrusher :Yes they do, in a healty relationship with your customers they should, even if we don't have the RIGHT.
I won't buy S3 anymore, even if it is ever going to be released at all. (don't worry, it won't)

Don't worry, you won't be missed.
Quote from broken :Don't worry, you won't be missed.

WTF is with that response? , isnt everyone allowed an opinion? why did you feel the need to be a douche like that ? that is why these forums are going downhill because no one is allowed to do anything without a fanboy running around.
Quote from Antman :WTF is with that response? , isnt everyone allowed an opinion? why did you feel the need to be a douche like that ? that is why these forums are going downhill because no one is allowed to do anything without a fanboy running around.

Cause I just don't care that much anymore.

Plus, he stated it as it was a fact, so I thought I'd state my opinion as a fact too. Is it too hard to see(that's actually a rhetorical question, in case you don't understand)?

And calling me a fanboy.. Meh, move on. You're the one getting all nerved and stuff. ;d
the sound of failure surrounds the forums on this tragic day
Quote from BoneCrusher :I won't buy S3 because of that, even if it's going to be released at all (don't worry, it won't)

I'm willing to bet that you will buy S3 when it's released
Quote from obsolum :I'm willing to bet that you will buy S3 when it's released

I bet for 3 cookies, that you are right!

(Chocolate chip, with jelly inside, and marshmellow on top cookies)
Quote from BoneCrusher :But I DO find it frustrating the devs treath us like we are some low life idiots by not giving some kind of progress report, leaving us in the dark. Sure the devs don't HAVE to do anything, but I'll think they owe that to the community. Because without the community there won't be LFS.

Totally agree. It's quite clear to me that the devs don't have much respect for the community at all. Not just because the lack of progress reports and complete silence, but also because the way both the Scirocco and Rockingham were revealed. Instead of the devs announcing it here first, we had to find out from a 2nd source before they (probably had too) announce it officially (and it was quite obvious we had to find out anyways since these were public events).
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=47145
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=61582

Sure, as it's been said a thousand times before, they do whatever they do in whatever way they want, but they couldn't even give us THAT much?
Quote from nikka :totally agree. It's quite clear to me that the devs don't have much respect for the community at all. Not just because the lack of progress reports and complete silence, but also because the way both the scirocco and rockingham were revealed. Instead of the devs announcing it here first, we had to find out from a 2nd source before they (probably had too) announce it officially (and it was quite obvious we had to find out anyways since these were public events).
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=47145
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=61582

sure, as it's been said a thousand times before, they do whatever they do in whatever way they want, but they couldn't even give us that much?

+1
Quote from Antman :+1

-1000. If I were one of the devs I'd give up working on the project because of the community... Stop DEMANDING. Every one that puts themselves on the side of the devs is being called fanboy for what? Because we see how frustrating is for them? They are people too. I am not trying to stand on the side of the game. **** LFS. You're so in love with your little game that when it comes down to finding another hobby - the hobby becomes flaming or demanding from the devs of that very same game. Or are you just mad because your beloved game is not progressing fast enough and need somebody to blame? I'm pretty sure that the devs are tired from complaints and such. I know because I would have been tired too. ****, I wouldn't be only tired, I would quit developing it, if the community is so ungrateful. **** the game, we're talking about the mental pressure you are putting on the devs' heads.

I know that I would treat a community so ungrateful even worse. And yeah, I would definitely understand them if they just silently quit the forums and the development. But from the look of it, those people have no intentions to do such a thing, even tho you are pushing them that way more and more every day. Look how good they treat you, and you just push harder and harder and harder and harder every time something is said. And you expect them to give you updates or be active in the forum as a whole? You just go like "poor us, we have no patch, no report updates, come on Scawen, tell us something new" in every thread he replies. And then you wonder "Why are the devs so silent, maybe they quit developing the game?". Think about it.

PS: Sorry, Antman, it wasn't pointed only at you, I just grabbed your reply cause it was the shortest.
The community isn't (or hasn't been ungrateful). I don't know if you'd be able to find another community following a relatively small and niche computer game where the developers are held in such high regard.

They're been thanked and praised a hell of a lot over the years, by a hell of a lot more people than have "complained" or "whined" about slow progress. They'd do well to remember that, since the forum (at least this part) does have a bit of negativity around it just lately.
Quote from broken :-1000. If I were one of the devs I'd give up working on the project because of the community... Stop DEMANDING. Every one that puts themselves on the side of the devs is being called fanboy for what? Because we see how frustrating is for them? They are people too. I am not trying to stand on the side of the game. **** LFS. You're so in love with your little game that when it comes down to finding another hobby - the hobby becomes flaming or demanding from the devs of that very same game. Or are you just mad because your beloved game is not progressing fast enough and need somebody to blame? I'm pretty sure that the devs are tired from complaints and such. I know because I would have been tired too. ****, I wouldn't be only tired, I would quit developing it, if the community is so ungrateful. **** the game, we're talking about the mental pressure you are putting on the devs' heads.

I know that I would treat a community so ungrateful even worse. And yeah, I would definitely understand them if they just silently quit the forums and the development. But from the look of it, those people have no intentions to do such a thing, even tho you are pushing them that way more and more every day. Look how good they treat you, and you just push harder and harder and harder and harder every time something is said. And you expect them to give you updates or be active in the forum as a whole? You just go like "poor us, we have no patch, no report updates, come on Scawen, tell us something new" in every thread he replies. And then you wonder "Why are the devs so silent, maybe they quit developing the game?". Think about it.

PS: Sorry, Antman, it wasn't pointed only at you, I just grabbed your reply cause it was the shortest.

You are one of the few people who understand me, everything you just said is what is happening tho and its sad just because your behind a keyboard and the like does not give you the right to treat people as if they are dirt because they have not wrote a few words on what is going on. The patch comes when it comes but at least show a little more respect to the people who created the game, thanks for the reply and echoing my thoughts
Flames.

Good pts but cmon...
Quote from sinbad :The community isn't (or hasn't been ungrateful). I don't know if you'd be able to find another community following a relatively small and niche computer game where the developers are held in such high regard.

They're been thanked and praised a hell of a lot over the years, by a hell of a lot more people than have "complained" or "whined" about slow progress. They'd do well to remember that, since the forum (at least this part) does have a bit of negativity around it just lately.

If you don't write as if it's everybody's fault, the guilty ones will think it's not about them. At least that's what my experience with this forum is telling me.

@ConorD1: I've been saying it before too. Just not that directly. But then, people didn't seem to get it(at least not the ones who had to).
Quote from broken :But then, people didn't seem to get it(at least not the ones who had to).

And you think they will now?
"...sure maybe it is a long wait but you had to wait until you were born..."

We spend 9 months to born, not 30. Maybe they must to use a forceps to take S3 out from the Scavier uterus?
OK then to settle this I would like to see the devs point of view on this so if Victor, Scawen and Eric are on here I would like your opinion on this subject seeing as it is about you.
#49 - Dac
Quote from Bob Smith :I don't see what there is to talk about at all? We know that work, as ever, continues on LFS. Every version is better than the last. At some point, it will get better again. All there is to do, is enjoy racing in LFS, or one of a million other things in life.

I believe this is true for me, until I can drive like Lewis Hamilton there is no need spending big on other racing software. LFS provides sufficient physics, tracks and setups for me to learn all about racing which is all I wanted out of it. When I reach this, and if LFS is no better, then I will go elsewhere.
Quote from obsolum :And you think they will now?

Honestly? No. But on the other hand, it's worth trying. It only took me 5 minutes after all. If you wonder how such a long post took me only 5 minutes: It's not at all hard to say what's on your mind directly, which is exactly what I did too. ;]

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG