The online racing simulator
A few things that need to be said
Ok, So here is the story. I was browsing theres forums for the last few months and trying to keep up to speed with the tyre physics progress report and the VWS ect.

Now just a few things to say before I start with my views.

-I am not a 'fanboy'.
-I am human also.
-I am entilted to my opnion as are you.
-Just because i do not have a big post count does not make my opnion less important and I plan on being more active on the forums now.
-This is not a thread that is to be flamed.
-Release dates of the VWS and physics or talk of them are not to be said please.
-The reason I am doin this is beacuse of my feelings of some of the things that have been said here.
-We are ALL equal .

Now I have been playing LFS for almost 1 year now, I think its a fantastic game although it has some downside but so does every game. I respect the developers greatly for making a fantastic game and its a pleasure to be able to play it. With the news of the new tyre physics model to be introduced along with the VWS and rockingham I was greatly excited because I am more of a SIM racer and the closer to realism the better IMO.

As I kept an eye here to see if there would be any more word on a date and updates from Scawen the comments started rolling in on the threads. People kept asking for more info on what was going on and kept pestering him for an answer when he clearly didn't know because of the scale of the project after all this is ONE man not a machine.

As time when on the comments turned into threats with people saying 'I'm leaving LFS' if this is not done by xxxx, that clearly was not going to do any good and just made the thread full of information that wasn't needed as it only provoked responses that were also not needed. Then it turned into an argument for about 40 pages and counting. It is of not benefit of anyone reading the thread and there is no need for such childish behavior and from what I can see there's too many keyboard gangsters getting involved. Then the abuse turned to the dev's for not having it out Scawen seemed to take the brunt of the attack which was not fair or to anyone else for that matter. As he says in his posts he IS working on LFS and its not dead!, if you take the time to read his posts he says that working on lfs is not 'fun' for him anymore and to me in his posts he speaks as if his spirit is broken and he just is not enjoying LFS like he did before and all the comments that have no substnce and are just out to make someone feel bad are a disgrace!:grumpy:

There is no respect for the devs from most people they do an amazing job but just because you do not see it does not mean that it's not going on, I know if I go to do something I like to do it right and it seems that Scawen also feels this way, sure maybe it is a long wait but you had to wait until you were born. I could bet that if he releases it the way it is not 100% right people will throw that back in his face also because they will say that he didn't do a good enough job on it so he's damed if he does and damed if he doesn't.

Put yourself in there shoes you work all the time on a project you get no thanks for how would you feel? Treat as you would like to be treated!

So please think about this before you dish it out as I say don't let this turn into one of 'those' threads again

Thats my 2 cents
We're all equal? I had to lol at that, you communist! We are not all equal!

Guess what? This IS one of "those" threads again. This stuff did not need to be said again, we all have different opinions about what is really going on in the background, mine is that Scawen is hard at work on perfecting those new physics. Other people might have different opinions, but we don't need this topic to be brought up all the time. I predict this thread will be deleted/locked by the end of the day.
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan : deaaa
And there went the thread...
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan : mean
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :We're all equal? I had to lol at that, you communist! We are not all equal!

Guess what? This IS one of "those" threads again. This stuff did not need to be said again, we all have different opinions about what is really going on in the background, mine is that Scawen is hard at work on perfecting those new physics. Other people might have different opinions, but we don't need this topic to be brought up all the time. I predict this thread will be deleted/locked by the end of the day.

My point in that is that you nor no one else is better that me in anyway that is also my point that Scawen is working on LFS so why are you argueing with me this is the reason threads on this forum go like this Im not trying to insult you Im just saying how I feel can you understand?
Well, nowadays noone seems to care how others feel. I do ... sometimes, but ...

I gotta agree with shiny-red-cobra at this point. There have been many threads like this, and they dont actually affect anyone (or theyr not even supposed to?).
Quote from ConorD1 :My point in that is that you nor no one else is better that me in anyway that is also my point that Scawen is working on LFS so why are you argueing with me this is the reason threads on this forum go like this Im not trying to insult you Im just saying how I feel can you understand?

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just trying to let you know that this thread will not accomplish anything.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I'm just trying to let you know that this thread will not accomplish anything.

I don't see what there is to talk about at all? We know that work, as ever, continues on LFS. Every version is better than the last. At some point, it will get better again. All there is to do, is enjoy racing in LFS, or one of a million other things in life.
I have to admit I tend to read and post less and less on this forum now, due mainly to the falling quality of the majority of posts and the general childish background noise from some of the "regular" forum users over the past couple of years.

Conor you are right with what you say about the apparent lack of respect here in the forum, however there must be more like me who have much respect and understanding for the project, happy to wait for the the next update when Scawen decides its ready, and who choose to remain mainly silent in the forums of late. Maybe just getting on with other things, checking here occasionally for the day the test patch section will spring back into life

I understand the frustration of waiting for a release could get too much for some, and some venting of that, is always to be expected on the web, but if anyone here is reading this and thinking of making a smartass comment like the many hundreds that litter threads like this one, I urge you to reconsider and think a little harder, just maybe a constructive post would be..... well more constructive

SD.
#9 - CSF
TBH while we might have the usual people saying they are leaving, the majority will simply stay silent and move on. The forum really isn't indicative of what happens out on the track. 95% of the moaners on LFS forums just wont go on a server, and quite a number of the people who are on the on forums don't drive at all.

While I might not drive as much as I used to, I still get amusement watching people I have got to know playing the game, and cheering on my former team-mates in races. Until that goes, regardless of patches, I'll be keeping LFS on my PC, it still has a "future" in my eyes.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :We're all equal? I had to lol at that, you communist! We are not all equal!

How aboout equal before the law? Does that suit you?

Communism, as if you know that the hell that is.

The thing will be released when it is released. If someone doesn't care to wait, he can move on. It's that simple.

Alan

+1 CND...I this dude on drugs

or
I'm leaving!

I'll be back tomorrow
Quote from SparkyDave :Conor you are right with what you say about the apparent lack of respect here in the forum, however there must be more like me who have much respect and understanding for the project, happy to wait for the the next update when Scawen decides its ready, and who choose to remain mainly silent in the forums of late. Maybe just getting on with other things, checking here occasionally for the day the test patch section will spring back into life

Quote from Alan_Bernardo :Communism, as if you know that the hell that is.

Ummm actually, I do know what the hell that is. I'm from eastern europe, I know exactly what communism was like, probably better than you do.
I don't find it frustrating that the new update takes longer as expected, complex things take time (to the devs: maybe you should accept the help some of us (tallented programmers) offered and get things in higher gear....).
But I DO find it frustrating the devs treath us like we are some low life idiots by not giving some kind of progress report, leaving us in the dark. Sure the devs don't HAVE to do anything, but I'll think they owe that to the community. Because without the community there won't be LFS.
Quote from BoneCrusher :But I DO find it frustrating the devs treath us like we are some low life idiots by not giving some kind of progress report, leaving us in the dark. Sure the devs don't HAVE to do anything, but I'll think they owe that to the community. Because without the community there won't be LFS.

they do give us updates... the problem is, the last few updates were:
"we have to fix the physics"
"we're still working on the physics"
"i don't have the motivation, but we're still working on it"

add to that the fact that victor doesn't do any league management anymore, and we have the torrential "lfs is dying" shitstorm we've had for the past several months.

not to say that we wouldn't have it anyways, every time the developers say something, everyone screams because the patch still isn't here.

</rehashed thread, barf. i really have to stop using the forum.>
Quote from Bob Smith :I don't see what there is to talk about at all? We know that work, as ever, continues on LFS. Every version is better than the last. At some point, it will get better again. All there is to do, is enjoy racing in LFS, or one of a million other things in life.

I know, you are a robot. Scawen has programmed you to combine some sentences and that is why you always repeat the same old things no matter the topic is.

Once you are not human, I must to understand you dont get tired of camper in the Scavier walls to protect against moans intruders.

Tell us your secret. Are you a robot or not?
Quote from BoneCrusher :I don't find it frustrating that the new update takes longer as expected, complex things take time (to the devs: maybe you should accept the help some of us (tallented programmers) offered and get things in higher gear....).
But I DO find it frustrating the devs treath us like we are some low life idiots by not giving some kind of progress report, leaving us in the dark. Sure the devs don't HAVE to do anything, but I'll think they owe that to the community. Because without the community there won't be LFS.

Scawen made in 3 years (the first 3) much more than the last 4, so I dont agree that "complex things take time", because it doesnt match with the LFS historygram
Quote from BoneCrusher : I DO find it frustrating the devs treath us like we are some low life idiots by not giving some kind of progress report, leaving us in the dark. Sure the devs don't HAVE to do anything, but I'll think they owe that to the community. Because without the community there won't be LFS.

You put words into their mouths that they have not said, if you feel like a "low life idiot" its not because someone is not giving you a progress report.
They don't owe people anything, I don't get the attitude that people think they are entitled to dictate how others work?

Quote from Speed Soro :Scawen made in 3 years (the first 3) much more than the last 4, so I dont agree that "complex things take time", because it doesnt match with the LFS historygram

Its easy to look at released output and say negative things, how do you know the devs havn't got a fleet of new cars and tracks waiting for the physics patch to unvail them? glass half empty?

SD.
I've been playing lfs for more than two years now and my number of posts on this forum is ridiculously low. Why? Because it is hard to say anything that hasn't been said already. I am quite happy with improving my mileage and laptimes and - even if I check this forum quite regularly - have no need to spam it even more (i use our local lfs website to do that :razz
The bottom line for me is: why do you even bother moaning about updates? Just go racing and be pleasantly surprised when they do come.
This post will satisfy my need to spam the forum for a long time... but I will be reading posts, mostly to get a laugh or two from people that are still annoyed because of delays
Quote from BoneCrusher :But I DO find it frustrating the devs treath us like we are some low life idiots by not giving some kind of progress report, leaving us in the dark.

Don't know about you, but lack of progress reports regarding some game is the last thing in my life that would remind me I am a low life idiot.
Quote from SparkyDave :Its easy to look at released output and say negative things, how do you know the devs havn't got a fleet of new cars and tracks waiting for the physics patch to unvail them? glass half empty?

SD.

We know that the German Car will be for S1/S2 licensed users, and that Rockingham and an as yet unknown mystery car will be the original S3 content.

Scawen also said that people should only purchase S3 licenses if they think it is worth it for 1 track and 1 car...additional content is not expected.

Glass half empty ?
Time to get them in...your round I think
Oh, oh, oh, and I want to know Scawen's bankcardnumber and pincode. :insane:
:something
Quote from SparkyDave :
They don't owe people anything

Yes they do, I'm one of their paying customers and like to be treated like one.

A few things that need to be said
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG