The online racing simulator
Forza Motorsport 4
(45 posts, started )

Went straight over my head to be honest mate. What do you mean by it?
Fore skin?
Ah, yeah....Hilarious.
#29 - aoun
Aye, it's a good'un.
#31 - JJ72
Quote from DevilDare :Its probably going to be an interactive "fun" game. Surely they cannot continue down the simulation road if you will have to imagine a wheel.

errr.....nobody is gonna think Kinect will be the only control device available, I mean come on.

I quite like the walk around the car thingy, looks like some fancy tech you will find in car design studios.

About Forza4, I think they should have something bigger in the bag, afterall the step made between Forza 2 and 3 was quite uncomfortably small. They have a long list of things to fix and implement if not to totally piss off the current fanbase.

I am pretty impressed with how far they can still push the console, we always heard about the 360 being pushed to the limit all the time but we still see some improvements here and there.
the 360 is a lot more powerful than people make out. It will match many a Gaming PC and has to run all games in HD without slow downs when possible. So really the consoles have to be much better than your average pc
Quote from JJ72 :I am pretty impressed with how far they can still push the console, we always heard about the 360 being pushed to the limit all the time but we still see some improvements here and there.

That's just some cheap sort of photomode, with only a car and a background image, so the texture etc are alot nicer in there then in the actual game, I'm sure of that.
Quote from Luke.S :the 360 is a lot more powerful than people make out. It will match many a Gaming PC and has to run all games in HD without slow downs when possible. So really the consoles have to be much better than your average pc

Keep on dreaming mate.
Quote from Bose321 :That's just some cheap sort of photomode, with only a car and a background image, so the texture etc are alot nicer in there then in the actual game, I'm sure of that.

Keep on dreaming mate.

why do you even bloody bother to go into threads about console games when you are too pathetic to say anything nice. Next time don't bother posting crap like

"omg its so shit cause it ain't a uber pc which has to be upgraded everyday to run games"
here we go
Say what you want about eyecandy, but I would kill for that interiors and car models in a hardcore sim.
Quote from Bose321 :That's just some cheap sort of photomode, with only a car and a background image, so the texture etc are alot nicer in there then in the actual game, I'm sure of that.

Keep on dreaming mate.

By the looks of things, it is a car viewing mode. Either way, I think what JJ is trying to say is that it impressive for a Console with 5 year old technology to still be able to push out such impressive graphics. Ofcourse, the graphics will not be anything like that in real time gameplay (We are a generation or two away from that yet!) but surely you must agree, that it is impressive for it to be able to render everything in real time without any loading or slowdown?

Quote from Luke.S :why do you even bloody bother to go into threads about console games when you are too pathetic to say anything nice. Next time don't bother posting crap like

"omg its so shit cause it ain't a uber pc which has to be upgraded everyday to run games"

For goodness sake Luke...Just be queit! Bose is entitled to his opinion, and he has not said anything out of line. Infact, he is correcting you. Despite how much I love Consoles for there ease of use and "instant" fun, they will NEVER, EVER be able to match or beat PC's/Macs when it comes to all out power and graphics.

Now, I suggest we switch back to FM4 / FM : Kinetic Energy.
#38 - JJ72

no shit sherlock.

From the video the lighting and reflections are all dynamic, and it is still quite a step up from what we have in Forza 3, compare to a similiar mode when you go into the menus.

My point is if they can find improvement in this photomode, the in game experience should see some benefit as well.

I still think it is pretty amazing, that a console can generate image like this on the fly, consider their inferior hardware on paper.
With that whole kenetic think, i just have a question. I see how you steer, but HOW THE HELL do you accelerate change gears and brake and all those other fun things?
Quote from AstroBoy :I see how you steer, but HOW THE HELL do you accelerate change gears and brake and all those other fun things?

Good question! Hadn't thought of that yet
You change gear by moving ur 'left'? Hand forwards, I saw it on the old Natal videos, some guy moving his arm forwards and backwards

It's gotta be pretty limited tbh, I think its aimed at children.. like in Forza 3 where it auto brakes etc. So I'm thinking all you have to do is steer lool
#42 - JJ72
Quote from AstroBoy :With that whole kenetic think, i just have a question. I see how you steer, but HOW THE HELL do you accelerate change gears and brake and all those other fun things?

In the casual mode with Kinect you don't control gas and brake, you only steer the car to get pass the rivals.

It's some kind of arcade fun for once gimmicky thing, nothing more.
Quote from JJ72 :
It's some kind of arcade fun for once gimmicky thing, nothing more.

Exactly what I was saying. It will probably be some "fun" Forza game. Nothing more...
You could do call of duty with Kinect.

Hold the gun how you want to not how the game makes you.
Quote from Luke.S :You could do call of duty with Kinect.

Hold the gun how you want to not how the game makes you.

pointed at yourself?

Forza Motorsport 4
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG