The online racing simulator
E3 - 2010
(76 posts, started )
Does it comes with it's calorifer again, or they managed to put it inside?
Hot Pursuit looks, well.... hot. I can't believe it's taken until now for EA to give Criterion (the guys that made the pure awesome that is Burnout) a go at making a Need for Speed title.
lol, cops in Veyron It looks great, i guess they realised what made NFS games popular.. but i don't believe i'll play it, i'm over that now... these 'reboots' are not clicking with me at all..
#29 - JJ72
Quote from Luke.S :hmm i'll tell my teacher to hold out on getting an elite.

Why? with built in wifi you can still connect with a cable, and it's the same price!

One thing I haven't confirm, are the harddisk between the new and old XBOX interchangable?
Just checked the video for new X360 'slim', looks cool, like some fancy DVD player, but i don't understand how can't they figure out a way to incorporate the power unit inside the console?
#31 - JJ72
Watching more videos I don't think Kinect will overlap with wii that much, it has even less capability for serious gameing since it has no button at all, so complex inputs you need for games like No more heros and PGA tour will be out of question. It will be more about augmented reality and interactive experience, like the pedo tiger they demoed.

Which for me is kind of a good thing, since I already has a Wii. Hopefully it will push the standard of motion games to a overall higher level.

Probably won't get kinect for gaming purposes, but there are possiblities of really innovative freeform experiences, it might even be used for multimedia installations.

Btw some great feature with Forza 4: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1097097p1.html

It basically works like triple head to go, and you can walk around your car, a useful tool when making liveries.
Updated first post. Ubisoft keynote.

Some info on the new Driver game!
#34 - JJ72
Quote from DevilDare :Updated first post. Ubisoft keynote.

Some info on the new Driver game!

Not sure on the "shift" ability, but will probably glow on me with time. Anyhow the fact they maintained the old Driver's physics with a nice big city backdrop is already a must buy for me.
Deffo going to be replacing my current 360 with a new slim, 250GB HDD and quiet performance make it a no brainer, plus my missus said that black would "go" better with our AV setup, my grey 360 does look a bit out of place
anyone come across a "360 super elite vs slim" page or something, i'm tearing my hair out about and really need reassurance that the super elite i ordered 3 days ago isn't any worse (apart from built in wifi) than the slim
The major differences are......

Quieter
Cooler running, One large more efficient fan rather than two small ones, 45 nanometer and integrated CPU and GPU, supposedly RROD proof
250GB HDD
Built in Wireless N
Dedicated Kinect port
5 USB ports

If I were you, I'd cancel the elite and wait for the slim.
Quote from danowat :The major differences are......

Quieter
Cooler running, One large more efficient fan rather than two small ones, 45 nanometer and integrated CPU and GPU, supposedly RROD proof
250GB HDD
Built in Wireless N
Dedicated Kinect port
5 USB ports

If I were you, I'd cancel the elite and wait for the slim.

the thing is, it's bloody aweful situation i'm in now. i asked for it for my birthday, and then a couple of days after this thing shows up. i really think it'll upset my mum if i ask her to send it back now, so is it really so much better that it's really worth the hassle of sending it back? i don't really care if its a little bit louder, i'm already getting the wireless adapter, the one i'm getting has a 250GB HDD, kinect comes with an adapter for older 360s anyway, and i don't really think i need 5 USB ports
Well there you go. You answered your own question...
Quote from DevilDare :Well there you go. You answered your own question...

phew, thanks

this is the story of my life...a few years back my mp3 player got stolen, and instead of telling my mum and getting her all pissed at me, i went to argos and bought another one with my hard earned cash. a month later and it was half price

thanks for letting me convince myself here i'll add u when i'm on live
Personally, I'd say yes, mainly because of this, but yours obviously isn't a cut and dry situation.

Bottomline, the elite isn't a "bad" console.
Quote from danowat :Personally, I'd say yes, mainly because of this, but yours obviously isn't a cut and dry situation.

Bottomline, the elite isn't a "bad" console.

i thought the jasper consoles fixed that problem? isn't he just saying any console built in the last couple of years is unlikely to have this problem (including mine)?
Jasper didn't "fix" it, but it got a whole lot better, the slim cured it completely (apparently).
Quote from danowat :Jasper didn't "fix" it, but it got a whole lot better, the slim cured it completely (apparently).

well i think i'll stick with what i got, with a ps3 and 360 and soon a 37" hd tv in the living room i'm sure the fan noise will be the least of my worries
The noise is my biggest issue with the 360, the PS3 is whisper quiet, while the 360 (I have a jasper) sounds like a 747 taking off!!!!.

At least with a 250GB HDD you can install games to the HDD and stop some of the noise
If I were you Oli, I would defiantly cancel the order and get the slim, I agree with everything Dan says

You'd be better of with something that has 0.1% chance of Rrod'n on you

Take a look here for why you should buy it
Quote from danowat :The noise is my biggest issue with the 360, the PS3 is whisper quiet, while the 360 (I have a jasper) sounds like a 747 taking off!!!!.

At least with a 250GB HDD you can install games to the HDD and stop some of the noise

yeah, but once you're "in" the game i don't really notice it, i bought an extra fan for my ps3 (rumours of overheating issues), and even with that i don't really notice it unless i actually think about it. should be fine, especially if i turn up the volume

also, does anyone know if the 360 comes with a warranty?
Quote from oli17 :yeah, but once you're "in" the game i don't really notice it, i bought an extra fan for my ps3 (rumours of overheating issues), and even with that i don't really notice it unless i actually think about it. should be fine, especially if i turn up the volume

imho your paying £209.99 for old tech, the new slim is only £199 and you can pick up forza 3 pretty cheap now.. it also has the port for Kinect ( Was Natal?? )

I think it comes with 1 year warranty, it will most likely RROD after that year anyway, like most electronics , then it costs something like £60-100??

Also your asking us if you should cancel your order except you seem to be so content on getting the 'Super Elite'
Quote from lukelfs :Also your asking us if you should cancel your order except you seem to be so content on getting the 'Super Elite'

because so far it isn't worth the hassle/hurt feelings it will bring to ask to return it, and i'm trying to establish if there's anything about this new one that clinches it for me, and so far tbh the answer is no. apparently rrod won't happen anymore anyway, so i'm just gona stick with this. thanks for your help though, hope you can understand why i might be coming across as a little pissy about it
Anyone watching it live? Nintendo are up at the moment Playstation are on at 12pm PDT (8pm BST)
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48

E3 - 2010
(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG