The online racing simulator
E3 - 2010
(76 posts, started )
E3 - 2010
OK. So the 2010 E3 has just begun and the Microsoft keynote has just finished.

Microsoft Keynote:
  • Natal is now officially called Kinect.
(It looks really smooth. The presentational games looked solid, although still somewhat "cheesy". Certainly not something that will appeal hardcore gamers, but the future is bright. Cannot wait to see what the big boys come up with it.)
  • Xbox signed with Activision. All new CoD content will be coming to the 360 first.
  • Xbox signed with ESPN. Available to all XLive Gold users. Some new nifty features to use with Kinect.
  • Halo Reach gameplay.
  • Some GoW 3 gameplay.
  • Some CoD Black Ops gameplay.
  • New project named "Codename Kingdoms". Only a live action trailer at the moment, but its from Crytek and looks something like 300. Brutal.
  • And ofcourse, something everyone probably already knew, the new Xbox 360. Brand new design, built in WiFi and 250GB HDD. Ships next week in stores and today for the attendees of the conference! Same price as the old system! ($299).
Here is a better round up from Joystiq.

EA Keynote:
          Keynote from Joystiq

Ubisoft Keynote:
                          Better roundup with pics here.

Nintendo Keynote

Roundup

Sony Keynote
                            Roundup
                            Just saw that E3 thing from the xbot.

New xbox plastic cover with wi-fi, woohoo.

I am about to fall asleep after watching this crap, and I now realise consoles, especially the xbot, how much they run behind, in everything.

/gets consolecoat - wait no, too tired.
                            Kinect.. They have ruined the name. Sounds like something what Nintendo or Sony would name it.
                            I <3 you PC
                            Quote from Bose321 :Just saw that E3 thing from the xbot.

New xbox plastic cover with wi-fi, woohoo.

I am about to fall asleep after watching this crap, and I now realise consoles, especially the xbot, how much they run behind, in everything.

/gets consolecoat - wait no, too tired.

Run along. We all know already how much you hate consoles.

Quote from Jordan2007 :Kinect.. They have ruined the name. Sounds like something what Nintendo or Sony would name it.
                            I <3 you PC

I actually think its quite a decent name. Kinetic and Connect.
                            Quote from DevilDare :Run along. We all know already how much you hate consoles.

I actually think its quite a decent name. Kinetic and Connect.

Riight. It just comes from Kinetic energy.

Seriosly, that natal or whatever looks crap, the delay before something actually happens is almost a second. And the pictures it takes are like 1 MP and super dark.

I love how they say the future of racing is no wheel, walking around an ugly red car.
                            -
                            (brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
                            Quote from brandons48 :xbox bla bla gt5 bla bla
                            TDU2 stuff though.

TDU2 is on the E3? Surely wanna see that!
                            the new design for the 360 looks very good imo and built in wifi is a plus as them wireless dongles for the original 360 were crap even the black one which was supposedly "better"
                            Well...

Now 360 owners need a smaller box to RMA their RROD'd 360's.
                            -
                            (DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
                            motion detection is shit, if i wanted to prance around like a moron then i wouldnt have bought a games console, whats wrong with sitting down with a good old fashioned gamepad
                            Quote from trebor901 :motion detection is shit, if i wanted to prance around like a moron then i wouldnt have bought a games console, whats wrong with sitting down with a good old fashioned gamepad

Because i think they have just notice the addicts are lazy bastards who don't move.
                            Well its certainly not something for hardcore gamers. Its for the more casual group of people... Families also...

No one is stopping you from using the gamepad if you still want to...

I personally think its great and a huge step forward to our entertainment world. The big developers will come up with something good for it.
                            Just like developers have come up with something good for the Wii...?

Oh wait.. they haven't.
                            Because Wii is crap... It doesnt have the capabilities of Kinect. Anyways. Not getting into another console war... Something I have told myself to stay away from.
                            What a failure of a name, Kinect
                            Quote from DevilDare :And ofcourse, something everyone probably already knew, the new Xbox 360.

OH COCK! just my luck, i ordered a super elite like 3 days ago

can someone please reassure me that this new one is no different and i have no reason to worry...pleeeease
                            It is. Its just smaller, better looking (Some will agree...) has built in WiFi, built in 250GB HDD and Kinect ready. Nothing more it looks like.
                            super elite is good but this new one looks way more stylish and is a lot smaller than the current chunky 360, plus you get a built in wifi reciever and 250gb hdd i should hope they've put some extre cooling on this new one
                            Nope. Apart from WiFi.

Basically, with Elite you will have to buy a cable and connect directly to the internet, or buy a separate WiFi dongle. But not a big deal.
                            Quote from DevilDare :Nope. Apart from WiFi.

Basically, with Elite you will have to buy a cable and connect directly to the internet, or buy a separate WiFi dongle. But not a big deal.

cable is best bet, the wireless dongles are rubbish especially the newest N version (the black one)
                            Quote from trebor901 :cable is best bet, the wireless dongles are rubbish especially the newest N version (the black one)

y is it rubbish? (i'm getting it for my birthday )
                            Quote from oli17 :y is it rubbish? (i'm getting it for my birthday )

For online gaming is rubish, you will lag and people will be pi**ed at you..
                            Quote from oli17 :y is it rubbish? (i'm getting it for my birthday )

yep lag with the wireless dongle is really bad and it just randomly disconnects even if you have descent internet and sometimes goes red and cant connect to the router and you have to reset the xbox about 5 times for it to work
                            hmm i'll tell my teacher to hold out on getting an elite.

and I so want one it is much nicer than the current 360. Dam I wish I could go to E3
                            New one is supposedly whisper quiet :o

E3 - 2010
                            (76 posts, started )
                            FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG