The online racing simulator
Small notice : SMS price reduced
Just letting you know we've reduced the price of the SMS messages and SMS alerts, to £0.10 so it's now as cheap as sending a SMS from a mobile phone (at least in the UK). International messages are the same price as well, and that's half the price of one sent from a mobile phone.

We reduced the price because the system is used less than we expected and we have a lot of messages in store. Careful calculation shows that £0.10 per message is the lowest price we can we can charge without making a loss.

Remember you can send a message to anyone, they don't have to be S2 licensed. So this can be a convenient way to send messages, if you are at your computer, as it's easier to type at LFS World using your keyboard, rather than on your phone.

More info : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8095
#2 - X-Ter
Thankyou
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#3 - Gunn
What happened to the few free SMS messages we were given? Were they taken away if not used by now?
I still aint used my 2 free messages yet. Ive got it setup to message me when a new patch is released so far.

Am i right in saying i have to have credit on my account afterward to get the messages, or do they come out of my phone bill?
#5 - th84
Quote from thisnameistaken :Can this be used to send swearing to th84 in the middle of the night?

If so, I'm surprised it's not more popular too.

Stop sending me those ugly message's!! I will report you!!

I havent used my two free ones either.... hmmmmm
Quote from Stellios :I still aint used my 2 free messages yet. Ive got it setup to message me when a new patch is released so far.

Am i right in saying i have to have credit on my account afterward to get the messages, or do they come out of my phone bill?

I believe you have to have credit in your account, like a pay as you go dodar.
#7 - _rod_
Thanks Scawen. Think im gonna join Kev and start sending some nice messages to th84 in the middle of the night Havent use my 2 messages yet.
Quote from _rod_ :Thanks Scawen. Think im gonna join Kev and start sending some nice messages to th84 in the middle of the night Havent use my 2 messages yet.

Hmmmm maybe I should join you too. Everybody write SMS's to Th84!!! heheheh
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :Hmmmm maybe I should join you too. Everybody write SMS's to Th84!!! heheheh

Ok, at least i will use those free messages... lol
What you could do is take the numbers of all the race wreckers and repeatedly spam them at 3am
Quote from Stellios :repeatedly spam them at 3am

And achieve what? I usually keep my phone turned off/silent during night.
Quote from Gunn :What happened to the few free SMS messages we were given? Were they taken away if not used by now?

No - all S2 racers should still have their free messages if they haven't used them.

Also, the people who already used pre-paid messages, have now got extra credits because the price has gone down and we are also charging less for the messages they already used. Does that make sense?
Quote from Stellios :Am i right in saying i have to have credit on my account afterward to get the messages, or do they come out of my phone bill?

As Psychoman said, you must prepay with credit card at www.lfsworld.net (click "My LFSW Credit"). People who prefer vouchers can add credit by going to www.liveforspeed.net and use a voucher.

We can't charge to your phone. That system you are talking about is called "reverse billing" - we looked into it, but it's not suitable for small businesses - with huge setup and running costs and also, each reverse billed message costs at least 25p - much more expensive for the user. Also it usually comes with a 5 digit phone number and there are problems with international messages. So... in the end, the prepay system was the best option.
Quote from Scawen :...We reduced the price because the system is used less than we expected and we have a lot of messages in store. ...

Well, i guess we need more girls in our community !
#15 - Gunn
Quote from Scawen :No - all S2 racers should still have their free messages if they haven't used them.

So do those free messages show up as credit or are they sort of invisible?
One way to see your free messages :

Go to www.lfsworld.net
Click "LFS Messages"
Select "Send SMS"

Above the "Send to LFS user" text, the number of free SMS messages remaining is displayed.
#17 - Gunn
Thanks mate, there they are.
Quote from Scawen :[...]
Also, the people who already used pre-paid messages, have now got extra credits because the price has gone down and we are also charging less for the messages they already used. Does that make sense?

Does that mean, if the price should go up again, because now everybody writes SMS, you're charged more afterwards?
Meh I cant spam Th84 (He didnt put his mobile number) Lets spam Tristan now.
*removes mobile number*
Hehehe you better.
Tristans mobile number available via PM for a small fee, and coming to an ebay auction near you soon.

Incidentally I've added mine, as I just like to feel popular.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG