The online racing simulator
DFGT Problem
(11 posts, started )
DFGT Problem
Hello,
i have a problem with my new wheel..
when the wheel is in any game or not in game when i turn it to the right it seems to turn more fast and smooth but when i turn it to the left the wheel rotates more slow and require more force..
is this problem fixable or any of you have the same ?
Sorry to hear that.
No, I never had such an issue...
#3 - Uke
I think you should contact Logitech, it sounds like a hardware problem.
ok i will contact them tnx
sorry for the bumping
i have the same problem too, does anyone have a solution?
the guy who opened this thread said that he bought a g27 and it has the same problem too.
anyone with dfgt/g27, please try to set centering speed to 0, and than, when wheel isn't resisting at all (not while in game!) try to spin it right, leave it and see how much it continued to spin, and then try the same thing to the left direction. my dfgt spins much more to the right side
I have a problem with that wheel too, if I keep it plugged in, shut down the pc, then turn the wheel to like 90° and start the pc up again, it takes this wrong position as wheel center. Only thing I cn do is unplug for a moment. After that it does the normal calibration circle and everything is fine
changed the wheel with G27
no problems so far i think..
Hi
I've contacted Logitech support and they sent me another DFGT, and it still has the issue. I think that it's a driver issue.
B.T.W, I don't think that there's a problem while playing games, I can notice the problem only when I'm not playing.
I didn't see this thread before. But to tell you the truth, I suffer the same problem as the OP with my DFGT. Clockwise, it feels really smooth, but CounterCW, it feels more clunky. I used to think that it was the strength of my left and right arm pulling the wheel, but after training my left arm and right arm respectively (using the hshifter on left/right side) it seems to be the wheels problem.

However, with the FFB motors on, it seems that the problems are no longer there (or not significant)

EDIT: I believe (hypothesis, no context or proof) that it is caused by the wheel going against the gears and along with them. Well, that's what I see in my head.
Quote from GenesisX :I didn't see this thread before. But to tell you the truth, I suffer the same problem as the OP with my DFGT. Clockwise, it feels really smooth, but CounterCW, it feels more clunky. I used to think that it was the strength of my left and right arm pulling the wheel, but after training my left arm and right arm respectively (using the hshifter on left/right side) it seems to be the wheels problem.

However, with the FFB motors on, it seems that the problems are no longer there (or not significant)

EDIT: I believe (hypothesis, no context or proof) that it is caused by the wheel going against the gears and along with them. Well, that's what I see in my head.

Yea, I think you're right, and I have the same "problem" (I don't think it is a problem anyway :shrug
I have a DFGT too, but never play without FFB, so havent experienced what you describe. But I think its more the inner wheel mechanics than with the driver. Maybe the motor (which still gives some resistance even if FFB is off) is better suited for coasting in one direction than the other (brushes, bearings).

DFGT Problem
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG