The online racing simulator
iphone 4g promo video
(58 posts, started )
The all new revoliutanary iPhone 4, now with multi-tasking, video calling, 5MP camera and a whole new 'stunning' design.

I'm sorry but this just makes me laugh really hard.

Apart from multi-tasking, everything else that they are promoting so hard could of been done back in 2005 or probably even earlier... Yes, even video calling... (Anyone remember that LG? It was with that a twisty camera in between the screen and the keyboard...?)
All new revoliutanary design? Really?! Its a bloody block. A block! Thats not revoliutanary you pillocks.

And please, someone punch that 'Jony' guy. Dont know why but he really, really annoys me. Something about him... Maybe the way he talks? Grr....

Try harder please.

I can only give respect to their marketing/PR department for how they advertise the product and make it look such a big deal. It does work...
You do know why the design was called revolutionary, right?
Who cares if it could be done before, the iPhone will do it right which means people will actually buy it.

The iPhone is the best phone I have ever owned, and I will be purchasing the 4th incarnation when it comes out later this month.
Quote from tristancliffe :You do know why the design was called revolutionary, right?

If you are talking about the screen, then yes, I guess you could call it "revoliutonary". And ok, you need to give it to them for making that case act like an antenna...

But I am talking about the look of the phone, which quite frankly is terrible... The current iPhone looks much nicer as it actually stands out...

Anyways. Will see from further reviews what they say about it. (Unbiased reviewers).

Also, I feel sorry for the new 3GS owners.
:insane:

I WANT TO HAVE IT
i don't!
Oh so they are putting video calls in, fair go its a step foward and that funky new high res screen it seems alright.
But is the screen scratch resistant let alone the case?
Quote from DevilDare :If you are talking about the screen, then yes, I guess you could call it "revoliutonary". And ok, you need to give it to them for making that case act like an antenna...

But I am talking about the look of the phone, which quite frankly is terrible... The current iPhone looks much nicer as it actually stands out...

Anyways. Will see from further reviews what they say about it. (Unbiased reviewers).

Also, I feel sorry for the new 3GS owners.

Well the screen is massively higher res than most screens, let alone mobile screens, and the antenna frame is a damn good idea - less space inside taken up by an antenna, and no functionless casing... How it works in practice is another matter, but as it's Apple it will probably just work.

Unbiased reviews are welcome. But I'll happily be on the bandwagon sooner rather than later.

Quote from AstroBoy :Oh so they are putting video calls in, fair go its a step foward and that funky new high res screen it seems alright.
But is the screen scratch resistant let alone the case?

Indeed. The 3G and the 3GS is pretty good at resisting most scratches, and screen protectors can be bought if, like me, you use it in 'scratchy' environments. As for the edge, it's coated metal, so it should resist knocks quite well, but again a case will keep it unblemished if you prefer... I do have a knack of dropping my phone now and again, so I use a case and it's worked so far!!

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so will have to play with it first. As it's not coming out on T-Mobile in the UK (at least nothing so far has been announced and it doesn't look likely) then I'll stick with O2 - the second best coverage in my home and at work.
Quote from oli17 :haha how does that work? unlesstheres a way to dislike with facebook or something and views on facebook don't count

<ot>imho because youtube's database is extremly loaded, the view count is not updated instantly, but once a day for example...it does count, but does not write to database</ot>
#35 - Jakg
Quote from DevilDare :If you are talking about the screen, then yes, I guess you could call it "revoliutonary". And ok, you need to give it to them for making that case act like an antenna...

Antennas take up no room at all. It's a tiny piece of wire looped inside the casing... the idea of using the case for it is new, but it's not exactly a massive space saving like it was hinted.

Similarly the "retina display" is a bit pointless... VGA on a phone-sized device is optimal as anything over that yields no real benefit.

And no, i'm not an Anti-Apple troll... I was stoken to by the 4G when it came out, but I feel a little dissapointed. Will have to wait to see what the price is like...
You've obviously never looked at the internal antenna in other phones then - they are quite large (when compared to and thought of in relation to other mobile internal devices) - like the size of a 50 pence piece, but a bit thicker.

As for VGA+ offering no real benefit - how do you know. Have you tried the iPhone 4? It looks amazing, and will make reading and writing a lot easier on the eye...

What is stoken? Why were you disappointed? It has every feature we've known about for a couple of months, plus extras (like the gyros, which will make games interesting and could even be used by navigation apps and the like)
#38 - Jakg
Quote from tristancliffe :You've obviously never looked at the internal antenna in other phones then - they are quite large (when compared to and thought of in relation to other mobile internal devices) - like the size of a 50 pence piece, but a bit thicker.

I was basing this on the 3G Antenna in my laptop which gets the same signal as my phone

As for VGA+ offering no real benefit - how do you know. Have you tried the iPhone 4? It looks amazing, and will make reading and writing a lot easier on the eye...

Because I have to hold my current phone uncomfortably close to be able to see the edges of the current pixels.

What is stoken? Why were you disappointed? It has every feature we've known about for a couple of months, plus extras (like the gyros, which will make games interesting and could even be used by navigation apps and the like)

I meant Stoked. I'm dissapointed because there is no killer feature - I expected something that would rewrite the smartphone standard, not beef itself up a little more.

Quote :I was basing this on the 3G Antenna in my laptop which gets the same signal as my phone

Not on the actual product then? Don't worry this isn't a flame, you're not the first person in this thread to make assumptions on the product and form an opinion without actually researching for the answers. Even though you own an iPhone yourself... more importantly the antenna was an example given in the same way that Mazda gave the example that they'd saved 16g off their rear view mirror to make the new MX5 lighter. The MX5 wasn't 16g lighter, it was an example of the lengths Mazda had gone too.

I know you well enough to know you're too smart to fall into the clueless trap Jack, but I think you've had a momentary lapse of reason.

Quote :Because I have to hold my current phone uncomfortably close to be able to see the edges of the current pixels.

I didn't think too much about pixelation on characters either until people started talking about it like it was an issue. Then I looked closer. It's like HD TV I don't really see the point and i'm not going to get overly excited by it, that said, there is a difference between normal telly and HD telly - and for some people it's worth paying a lot of money to have that difference.

Quote :I meant Stoked. I'm dissapointed because there is no killer feature - I expected something that would rewrite the smartphone standard, not beef itself up a little more.

I pretty much agree with you here, the iPhone 4 is a general enhancement. I like the direction the product is going - I think all the enhancements are nice and everything. I'm not taken by the marketting hype that this is reinventing anything just because i'd get an amalgamated inbox on the new phone - which I admit would be nice, but it's not a huge step forward. It's progression, a slight improvement.

Apple's problem is they need to find something to shout about at keynote speaches in order to sell tickets... Sometimes there just isn't that much that's "incredible, amazing, revolutionary, brilliant, awesome"... but they need to use those words anyway
Quote from tristancliffe :My mistake. I must have accidentally dreamt it whilst watching the Keynote presentation, or all the previews of iOS4 over the past 5 months or so...

I guess me using "iOS4" with multitasking since April as well must have been me imagining it too.

Me.. I won't be able to get one on release, but I'll be getting one come august when my Contract is up for renewal.
Nah, I'm still NDA'd. However when every tech site around the universe has exposed every iota of the iPhone OS already.. I doubt it really matters. Heck, I even have an iTunes beta now that supports folders, and I'm also running the Gold Master now as well.
I'm not jealous!!! At least you don't have the hardware that goes with it (or do you?!?!)
Yeah, I picked it up off some dude in a bar.

Nah, No hardware for me until contract renewal in August.
Honestly, it sounds to me like Apple have started to run out of fresh ideas, and are now starting to work on making their massively accepted phone a bit better by trying to incorporate ideas from other products.

As was said before, a 5 MP cam, LED flash, Multitasking, it's all been done before. I think Apple has studied a bit on it and will try to make it a bit more user friendly and operate with less errors. Hell, if my cam doesn't work, it won't work until I restart my phone...

This would be the iPhone that I would love to get, but ATT Wireless is kinda spotty around my area. I guess I'll see what happens when my existing contract ends depending on where I'm living.
To be fair.. what "new" ideas can you do in a phone.. rather than simply supporting new networks. It runs custom applications, has cameras, makes phone calls, sends and recieves texts and MMS's, does tethering, etcera. The only thing I can think of that it doesn't have, is WiFi tethering..

iphone 4g promo video
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG